Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 5:02 PM
With the seamless worlds coming, I believe that running a business (from OFB) would be a great addition to the base game, if not an expansion pack that comes out 4-6 months after.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 3:02 AM
Then again, I guess now that Sims can become the mayor, OFB style of business could be incorporated, even if it is limited.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:58 AM
Owning businesses in TS3 sounds nice. But I think being a mayor in an OFB-type business is a little hard to manage. I can imagine how much the mayor's got on his hands. Even if it is limited, I'd say it's a nice thought, but still, a little challenging. But who doesn't love a good challenge?
Forum Resident
#29 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 6:35 PM
I know this is asking a lot but I would like:
OFB - being able to own businesses
Seasons - weather, seasons and leftovers
Apartments - multi-unit lots and being able to have numerous households living on the same lot

I would also like to see Pets but not because I want pets (I hate them in the game) but I really don't want to go through another 2 years of listening to pet fanatics whine and complain so I'd rather just get it over with in the base game.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:07 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about leftovers. Those are a must.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
#31 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:23 PM
personally i would like hobbies, university and seasons, with a shopping/ clubbing place
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 1st May 2008 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kissamies
Oh yeah, forgot about leftovers. Those are a must.

Yeah, that'd be nice, but I hope we get to store more leftovers. I think you can store a limited number of leftovers in TS2.

I almost forgot about the secret lots from Free Time. I hope they'd be in the base game.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st May 2008 at 4:54 PM
According to a new interview with Rod Humble, hobbies will be included.

RPS: You said that you want Sims 3 to welcome back the hardcore.

RH: Yeah. We’re adding systems which add depth and longevity to the gameplay. In addition to being able to go up many different advancement tracks, such as gardening or hobbies. The game also gives you little tasks to do. The game has an added depth that I think we’ve learned from other games that have come out in the last four or five years. It adds that extra meat of challenge. I think a lot of current players love all the Sims games as creative tools, but quite often I think core gamers like challenge and depth, and we’re always trying to strike a balance. I hope Sims 3 adds a little bit more to that balance.

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=1655
Scholar
#34 Old 1st May 2008 at 8:49 PM
Oh oh this is cool ! Hobbies really ? In the base game ?! Waow, it's a super news ! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 2nd May 2008 at 2:15 AM
Hobbies in the base game? That's super great news!! I'm loving how TS3's going to turn out. Now all they need are Social Bunnies and I'm happy...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd May 2008 at 2:30 AM
i definately think seasons would be for sure.. i haven't played free time yet [Mac!] so i couldn't say for sure.. but nightlife of course because of the whole dating aspect and such.. :] ooh, i can't wait for them to release more info. i'm trying to debate on if i should buy a PC or not. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 2nd May 2008 at 4:28 AM
If NL is in the base game, they could make the dating game a little more complicated. Pickier sims = harder dates.

Which reminds me--I hope turn-offs and turn-ons will be in the base game.
#38 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:11 AM
Well, since we have almost all the expansions inclued, it makes you wonder, besides pets, what else could they make expansions from? Hmm...
Mad Poster
#39 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:58 AM
I'm almost certain turn-ons/offs will be in the base game. They existed as early as Nightlife and plus we already know that attraction will be in the game so I'm sure it will exist. I just hope we get more choices.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 2nd May 2008 at 8:58 AM
Second with the more choices with turn-offs/ons. I love what Free Time did, adding more turn-off and turn-on choices, I hope they do that as well in the base game! Since their making a handful of traits, I think we will be given a little more choice.
Scholar
#41 Old 2nd May 2008 at 8:10 PM
I hope too there will be turn-on and off on the base game. And I would like more variety for them (all from Bon Voyage plus some referenced to the traits for example a Sim who like brown hair, muscular shape, logical and... natural-cook, friendly and dreamer). It is to much for the game for you ? It would be so cool, with so much differentiation between Sims !!

Arf ok I'm maybe a dreamer now. :p
Mad Poster
#42 Old 2nd May 2008 at 8:21 PM
With so many traits to choose from, might be good if they increase the number of turn-ons/offs a sim can have.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 3rd May 2008 at 3:00 AM
Who knows, the turn-ons/offs system may even be different. It could be revamped.
#44 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:06 PM
university... i have a feeling that the cool camera will be included... universities not included

night life... dates, cars, outings, neon items, downtown not included(...)

open for buisness... not too many stuff... maybe items? bluewater not included

pets... it will be a TS3 EP... i'm sure...

seasons... everything except for the plantsims; riverblossom not included(how sad)

Bon Voyage... clothes >.> vacantions will be the theme of another TS3 EP i predict; exotic destinations not included

free time... some cool items like basket hoop... football, and that's kinda all that will come from FT... desiderata valley not included
Page 2 of 2