Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 10:33 PM
Default Makeup tips
We (almost) all have worn or wear make up. Share tips here for others if you can connect videos or pictures that would be great!!

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 7:26 AM
Just a quick one: make sure your foundation blends with your skintone, and isn't orange. Really, that look is only in fashion in Oompa Loompa Land.
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 8:15 AM
I really don't like makeup, so I don't actually own any (apart from one eye liner pencil, which is currently AWOL) nor do I wear it very often. But one thing I learnt and like to do is with eyeliner; Go around your eyes with the eyeliner as usual. Then go over the outer edges, (so the ends closer to your ears not your nose!), and make them slightly darker than the rest of your eyelids to make them appear slightly more wide-eyed.

Hope that explains it enough, it looks good :P

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:33 PM
My tip I learned from experimenting. If you put foundation on your eyelids before eyeshadow the eyeshadow stays and looks better

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 2:31 AM
Just some things I've picked up;

Take care of your skin, moisturisers and primers make a huge difference. Make sure to remove all of your make up before going to bed, and cleaning your skin and applicators before putting make up on again.
Apply foundation in a downwards motion, and avoid products with a glitter or shimmer affect so it doesn't accentuate your pores or wrinkles.
When it comes to make up, you usually get what you pay for.
Eyebrow shape makes a big difference.
The right shade of foundation should "disappear" when applied to your cheek.
Q-tips are good for applying eye shadow and correcting mistakes.
Do not pump your mascara wand, as it makes it dry out faster. If it smells "mouldy" throw it out.
Hold the mascara wand vertically to apply it to your lower lashes.
To avoid clumps let the first layer of mascara to dry before applying another.
When applying false eyelashes, cut to length and apply a thin layer of glue, wait 20 seconds for it to go "sticky" and carefully apply as close to your lash line as possible, keeping your eyes closes for a few minutes. Use mascara to blend it with your natural lashes.

I may think of some more later (:
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 8:08 AM
Ever seen people trying out lipstick colours by using the back of their hand/arm?
Well, that's actually the wrong thing to do, because obviously your skin is a different colour to your lips. The best place to test out your lipstick colour is actually your finger tips. This is the closest match to the colour of your lips.
But bare in mind that your lips actually get lighter if your older, so if you see a dramatic difference in the colour of your finger tips to your lips, it may be because your lip colour is still darker.

Never use your fingers to apply liquid foundation. it just makes pores appear bigger, and creates an uneven tone.

A good eye make-up remover is key.

And thats a few of my most important tips.
my mum is actually a proffesional make-up artist & i work in a make-up studio/shop so i hear like 10 different facts about make-up each day. :p

Sorry to revive an old thread :p

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.