Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2018 at 1:43 AM
Default Your rainy day activities
With spring arriving in the Northern hemisphere, we experience rain as part of the growth cycle.

Some enjoy rain, others don't.

The question is: What do you do on rainy days?

During rainy day, I watch movies\TV shows either on DVD or Netflix. I usually make instant miso soup in a mug by microwaving water in the mug with a disposable bamboo chopstick for nucleation purposes. I write stories to past the time and get practice. If something strikes a chord with me, it might end up in my story. I will look out the kitchen window and watch the regenerative property that rain holds in its power within nature.

It may seem contrived to put one's self in a position where you're so small that you need an 8K camera and editing software to precisely place the "You are here" sign in a chart of our universe, pointing to your exact address on Earth in the Milky Way Galaxy...but I always felt overpowered by rain in such a way that it is not a threat to me.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th May 2018 at 3:30 PM
I hate rain so much. It is so annoying it ruined my outdoor activities and always made blackout in our region. Then, there is a thunder that was driving me crazy. I have to cover my ear everytime the sky was flashing because it's about to go boom!.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2018 at 4:20 PM
Continue with life as normal. I live in Britain.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 5:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th May 2018 at 7:17 PM.
^ same, except for not living in Britain.

It rains more than enough here, so the question is more like "what do you do when the sun pokes out for 5 minutes every 20 days or so". Granted, we've had alright weather this year, and not as much rain as usual so far, so for once it's not too bad (we've had years where summer more or less shows up unexpectedly a monday and is replaced by rainy autumn tuesday afternoon. Most summers are 90% rain while on vacation all up until the last day, and the sun shows up the day school/work starts).

I've never been a summer person (I'm very heat sensitive, so anything above 20-25c I tend to prefer being indoors), so as long as I don't have to go outside I don't mind rain any time of year. Rain is the best excuse for doing indoor actvities. Mostly computer-related, like simming, creating, storywriting, watching series, movies or Youtube, etc.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th May 2018 at 7:11 PM
well normally i just play sims,it doesn't bother me because the weather is normally rainy in britain.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2018 at 1:46 AM
Well, living in the Seattle area, it was common for rainy days to turn into rainy weeks and we only got like one week of sunshine in the spring months and then it resumed to clouds and rain and I could easily hear people who lived there a long time whisper "Please kill me...". The people who were oddly happy usually had the money for vitamins AND a light therapy lamp. My family was able to afford both for the 3 of us living isolated from family.

But since I live in New Jersey, we don't have to supplement our deficiencies.

I got used to indoor activities, but whatever you do, don't play video games with wires during storms. I played a game and I got shocked. I survived and the game and system was fine, but it unfortunately shocked me in sensitive areas. I advise you to avoid wired contact during stormy weather. As for shocks, it's not the first time it discharged at those places or at ears and fingertips, but it won't be the last. Again, I wouldn't play wired videogames if you're at risk of shock regarding the weather.

Again, the above is from 30 years of experience with 27 of those years operating both PCs and Macs, VCRs, DVD players, Blu-Ray drives along with The Big 3's consoles\handhelds and the SEGA Dreamcast.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:10 PM
Sex,drugs and rock&roll.
But to be frank,I go out when it rains,It's the hightime for my anxious self to get outside and wander around the town when streets are pretty much deserted.
But when I do stay in,I indulge myself in books and sip on some good ol' wine.It goes very well with melancholic weather.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th May 2018 at 8:58 AM
Nothing special. I'm in the Great Lakes region so if it's not snowing and insanely cold, its wicked hot. A lot of people don't realise this but Southern Ontario and NE USA both get hotter than the South in the summer, after you factor in the humidex (35-40C). Usually the air will be still and stale for a week, then there will be massive thunderstorm that actually cools everything off. Then it starts to heat up again...rinse and repeat.

Nor'Easters are the worst. We get them every few years, last time it snowed for ten days straight for a total snowfall of nine feet. I was in Montreal then though. Dumptrucks were constantly moving snow out of the city.
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th May 2018 at 9:02 AM
Started going more often when it rains. Did so yesterday but out of nowhere came enormous amounts of water for a solid 7 minutes. I was 1 minute in it before I looked for shelter and I looked like I fell in a lake

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#10 Old 14th May 2018 at 11:35 AM
Complain how dirty my SUV got and stress over collision caused traffic.

Dag-Dag
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st May 2018 at 8:13 AM
Be more wet

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Field Researcher
#12 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:48 PM
Default Eyes of Michael Jackson lol
Oh,I like to draw too,but lately been little bit disheartened to continue.It takes a lot of time and results never satisfy.
Screenshots
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:37 AM
Spring arriving in the Northern Hemisphere? Where have you been? Spring ended a month ago! (and that was late for where I live, typically it's hot and humid most of April).

I don't mind rain, especially since it tends to cool the temperatures down for a little while. The only thing I hate is that right now I don't have any rain boots, so going outside when it rains (especially where I live, where ponding is just everywhere) means soaked shoes and socks every single time. >.>

Also once rain turns into severe thunderstorms I can do without it entirely. A steady rain with temperatures in the 50s is fine, but storms, no thanks.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:10 AM
The Summer Solstice marks Spring's end. However, due to the 4 March Noreaster storms, it's been a particularly late spring in my neck of the woods.