Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default OMGWTFBBQ and Character Files
I've occasionally used Pescado's baby bbq in the past, and now I am considering re-downloading it as a way to get rid of unwanted ACR babies in a certain neighborhood. Now, ethics aside of the modded object, I'm concerned with how the baby grill works when it comes to "killing" the baby. I recall from prior use, the baby disappears from the family tree. From what I can see in the comments on the MTS download page, the grill basically makes it like the baby never existed. So am I to assume the grill deletes the baby's character file? Or does it assign the baby a dead token and sever family ties? While I trust someone like Pescado to not have made an object that would shred character files and potentially cause corruption, the baby grill's features (like many of his mods) are not thoroughly explained in the description, and I can't find any information on how it works at all. Does anyone know or has looked into how the grill works? Does it work safely?

I know I could just avoid using it and come up with some other way of killing and/or deleting these sims (I could use the Deleted 2 method, once aged... or just simply age them up and kill them, instead of going through the process of deleting the character files), but I know other people use the baby grill and are wary of corruption as well.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:00 AM
Could you just put them for adoption? Instead...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:21 AM
Yes, but that isn't the point here. I'm trying to figure out if the baby grill is safe to use in general. How does it work?
Inventor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:37 AM
The baby doesn't disappear from the family tree - the portrait grays out like it does for deceased sims. Neither the character file nor family ties are deleted/severed as they're just flagged as deceased. It doesn't leave a grave and memories behind though so you'll have to add the memories yourself if you want them, and nobody will act as if somebody died - nobody cries or loses aspiration points, which is why it seems that the baby disappears into thin air.

A bit off-topic, but since they do leave character files behind, you might want to use it sparingly or use custom memories to "record" the events instead, though I understand that's not the same thing as playing it out.