Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1995
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 287 (Who?), Viewed: 7997 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM #276
bbostic8
Lab Assistant

What a unique and very modern approach to the criteria, @Freelala. There was a food truck location across the street from my old high school that resembled Cartography. They rallied the trucks at 4pm each Friday and attracted all kinds of people. I like the realism and the trendiness of having restaurants on wheels, and I think it's a very creative idea on your part.

I am really digging the contrast between your day time fa├žade and how it looks at night, @Sparklypotato. That coupled with the eerie lake rumors and the forested location make for a spooky and enticing lore-worthy restaurant that I'm sure gets passed around anecdotally at any campfire.

@PeniGriffin, I actually really like the courtyard with minimal vegetation. Having the zen garden as the centerpiece is certainly enough, and also lends itself to the authenticity of the structure. There are plenty of places where I'm from with traditional Japanese architecture, and either a koi pond, orchard, or zen garden are almost always the centerpiece of the structure.

Come Visit A Pleasant Place.
Old Today, 2:02 AM #277
maxon
The Great AntiJen

24 Achievements

Just to let you know @Gdayars, I will post something tomorrow.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old Today, 5:09 AM #278
Sunbee
Alchemist

At $79,724, this new restaurant in Takemizu offers traditional tea ceremonies and private dining for business or assignations.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_00000019_a7936c53.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  81.1 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_00000019_c7936c40.jpg
Size:  74.6 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_00000019_67936c34.jpg
Size:  70.0 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_00000019_27936c26.jpg
Size:  73.4 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_cdae71fd_67936909.jpg
Size:  64.3 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_cdae71fd_e7936829.jpg
Size:  53.8 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_cdae71fd_a7936544.jpg
Size:  75.9 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  snapshot_cdae71fd_a79359b0.jpg
Size:  64.0 KB  

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Old Today, 10:28 AM #279
broomhilda61
Field Researcher

Sunbee..very simple and pretty..I love it
Old Today, 10:46 AM #280
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

24 Achievements

View My Journal

@Sunbee you will need you to use a screenshot program or the print screen button since the smallest picture size allowed is 800 by 600. You can't use the C key as the shots are far too small.
With your floor plan can you zoom in until your walls are nearly touching the edge of your picture frame.
Please also say what you have picked. This time it is obviously the east, but it isn't always so obvious. For example, a heading might be 'Entry Round 1 Far East Restaurant'
You also need to show the price in the game so as to prove the amount. If you need any help with any of this please feel free to ask and we will be more than happy to help you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 6:10 PM #281
lauratje86
Mad Poster

35 Achievements

View My Journal

I'm afraid that I am going to have to withdraw from the contest - once again I have bitten off more than I can chew as my mental health has not been as good as I'd hoped/expected :-( I don't have the mental energy to do as many things as I would like, and sadly sims contests are something which I can't justify the energy use for at the moment as I need to focus on work, my relationship with my partner and my upcoming house move (to move in with said partner, so though it's stressful it will be worth it!).

I will be popping by to see everyone's entries and to keep up with how the contest is going, but sadly I won't be taking part. Good luck to all the contestants! :-) And thank you @gdayars for organising/hosting!
Old Today, 7:28 PM #282
Sparklypotato
Inventor

13 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratje86
I'm afraid that I am going to have to withdraw from the contest - once again I have bitten off more than I can chew as my mental health has not been as good as I'd hoped/expected :-( I don't have the mental energy to do as many things as I would like, and sadly sims contests are something which I can't justify the energy use for at the moment as I need to focus on work, my relationship with my partner and my upcoming house move (to move in with said partner, so though it's stressful it will be worth it!).

I will be popping by to see everyone's entries and to keep up with how the contest is going, but sadly I won't be taking part. Good luck to all the contestants! :-) And thank you @gdayars for organising/hosting!

Oh that's unfortunate, sorry to hear
Old Today, 7:49 PM #283
Justpetro
Mad Poster

16 Achievements

Getting the Fermented Juice Bar ready for the end of the round Party! @lauratje86 - you are still welcome, strongs with that moving and enjoy the new life

The Fermented Fruit Juice now has a BBQ, because we all want to eat after looking at all those restauratns

Opening now - and we will continue the party until we start building again. Judges welcome (we are not bribing them yet, we will get there, but be nice to them it may help).
Screenshots

Name:  download.jpg
Size:  12.8 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  wine-glasses_1_Panther-721x400.jpg
Size:  29.6 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Braai Day.jpg
Size:  104.9 KB  

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old Today, 7:57 PM #284
gdayars
Original Poster

Turquoise Dragon

15 Achievements

I am so sorry @lauratje86 good luck on what is going on in your life right now!
Old Today, 8:19 PM #285
Sparklypotato
Inventor

13 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Getting the Fermented Juice Bar ready for the end of the round Party! @lauratje86 - you are still welcome, strongs with that moving and enjoy the new life

The Fermented Fruit Juice now has a BBQ, because we all want to eat after looking at all those restauratns

Opening now - and we will continue the party until we start building again. Judges welcome (we are not bribing them yet, we will get there, but be nice to them it may help).

I'll take a tropical drink in a pineapple and some BBQ ribs please! Hold the coleslaw.
Old Today, 9:57 PM #286
broomhilda61
Field Researcher

lauratje..I'm sorry to see you leave the contest but wishing you all the best in real life..

Justpetro..I will take some bbq ribs and well you don't have the drink I used to drink..a slow screw..(orange juice and slow gin with a drop of grenadine) please lol.. and I will take the coleslaw as well or potato salad lol..
Old Today, 10:13 PM #287
Justpetro
Mad Poster

16 Achievements

I will make drinks as needed No shortage of slow screws around here!
Screenshots

Name:  2017eb32ecd6a57037b4e101787d7f584e08.jpg
Size:  203.1 KB  

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old Today, 10:34 PM #288
justJones
Toaster Strudel Addict

36 Achievements

View My Journal

Holy crap I want those mushrooms. Now. Someone else can have the peppers. I suppose I'll take one of whatever that meat is...pork chops, maybe?

@lauratje86, sorry to hear that. I totally understand. I'm more inclined to use my energy for sims vs other stuff I should be doing, which is not a good thing. But if I don't have that distraction, I can get even worse, so I will let some non-essential but more important than sims things slide sometimes because I know if I don't "get away" via sims, my mental state will get worse.

Sign my yearbook page!
Check out my Etsy shop!
"With the venomous kiss you gave me I'm killing loneliness" - HIM
-Jones-

Section jump: