Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:10 PM
Default Male Pregnancy Mod: Can it be done again?
And will it? I loved that mod more than life. Is there anyway we can once again hack our games to let two guys / two girls have a baby?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:12 PM
May be in the future EP with the Alien as the creature.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:28 PM
Hmn... Is that how the TS2 mod worked?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:41 PM
Since Pescado has already released a mod with admittedly buggy teen pregnancy, I doubt same-sex pregnancy is too far off.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:44 PM
It's very easy to enable male/male pregnancy when males can get pregnant out of the box. You just have to enable a "try for baby" interaction and make them pregnant.

Currently, it looks, as if Sims 3 doesn't contain alien abduction and male pregnancy, so modders would have to change all the female pregnancy code so that males can get pregnant and would have to create male maternity wear, too.

This seems to be possible, but it would take a lot of time and effort and I don't think, we really need it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:53 AM
why would you want male pregnancy?? lol it just seems stupid... and alot of work creating clothing. If someone wants to work on clothing they should make some girl teen pregnacy clothing, at least that would be more realistic.

But hey what eva floats your boat! If you enjoy pregnant men :P
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
May be in the future EP with the Alien as the creature.

QFT. It seems like an obvious thing to provide for if they intend it to be an expansion feature.

Quote: Originally posted by Creon
why would you want male pregnancy?? lol it just seems stupid... and alot of work creating clothing. If someone wants to work on clothing they should make some girl teen pregnacy clothing, at least that would be more realistic.

As a pregnant man I am offended

Seriously, you probably shouldn't question people's mod priorities. Especially at places like MTS2 where somebody's bound to take offence.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by @chann@
QFT.

As a pregnant man I am offended

Seriously, you probably shouldn't question people's mod priorities. Especially at places like MTS2 where somebody's bound to take offence.

LOL whens the baby due?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:37 PM
LOL whens the baby due?

Well, the aliens probed me two days ago...
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
People have already reported their male sims becoming inexplicably pregnant with story mode on, so it's already possible. It just needs to come under player control, and males need a pregnancy mesh (and possibly animations? I have no idea how they're coded and if they're gender-specific), as currently pregnant males lose their torsos for the duration of the pregnancy.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:32 AM
i found a file in the gamedata package that is called male pregancy, but i don't know much about code so i can't make much of it. there is also one called female pregancy. mostly they go on and about food... does anyone know xml?
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:42 AM
Can you post the id's?

If it's about food, it may contain the apple/watermelon gender disposition and not real male pregancy.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:05 AM Last edited by piffy : 26th Jun 2009 at 9:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Can you post the id's?

If it's about food, it may contain the apple/watermelon gender disposition and not real male pregancy.

I saw this file as well, there is also a 'Pregnancy-Female' file, that one has all the food gender dispositions, the 'Pregnancy-Male' one did not.
Not sure what Id's you are referring to, but the Pregnancy-Male info is :
Resource Type: 0x0604ABDA
Instance: 0x6838FD7C8A22718E
Resource Group: 0x00000000

Not sure if that helps or not.

Edit: On a side note, the Try for Baby file, doesn't have any gender denotations in it, I only saw ages defined (Adult, Teen, etc). So no idea how to get that interaction enabled.
The Try for Baby file info is:
Resource Type: 0x03B33DDF
Instance: 0x179325AE6B8257A1
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:24 PM
I'm not here to input on the mod side, but to answer some questions on why people may want this mod (as I do).

I am gay. I can relate to a gay couple better than to a straight couple. I therefore make alot of gay sim couples. Genetics do not get passed on when you adopt. Therefore I like to get my male sims pregnant.

Sorry if that sounded rude, just wanted to be straight to the point.

Also, it isn't mandatory to install a mod, so if you don't want the mod, dont get it! Also why people who aren't interested in the mod itself are even posting here is beyond me!
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM

Because same sex couples have to adopt, ending up with ugly sims for children. With male pregancy the genes from one or both parents are mixed (Depending on how the mod works) giving realistic children.
It's a real pain having a same sex causcian couple and ending up with a strange black baby, not that I have anything against blacks.
Theorist
#16 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM
Quote:
It's a real pain having a same sex causcian couple and ending up with a strange black baby,

I loved that in TS2 a family might end up with an adopted child of another skin color!

At the same time, since there are currently no options for same-gender childbearing, one could always have them adopt then use the editsim <insert name here> feature of AwesomeMod to edit the child they adopted.
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:15 PM Last edited by climbingsideways : 26th Jun 2009 at 9:26 PM.
Default files...
Quote: Originally posted by piffy
I saw this file as well, there is also a 'Pregnancy-Female' file, that one has all the food gender dispositions, the 'Pregnancy-Male' one did not.
Not sure what Id's you are referring to, but the Pregnancy-Male info is :
Resource Type: 0x0604ABDA
Instance: 0x6838FD7C8A22718E
Resource Group: 0x00000000

Not sure if that helps or not.

Edit: On a side note, the Try for Baby file, doesn't have any gender denotations in it, I only saw ages defined (Adult, Teen, etc). So no idea how to get that interaction enabled.
The Try for Baby file info is:
Resource Type: 0x03B33DDF
Instance: 0x179325AE6B8257A1

ok, i am REALLY new at this, but it seems to me that these files in the game data package are only the tip of the iceberg, because after looking at them there is no way the rules defined in them could operate without pointing to something else. is this what the "parent file" is? and if so, can they be changed if one is not pescado?
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I loved that in TS2 a family might end up with an adopted child of another skin color!

At the same time, since there are currently no options for same-gender childbearing, one could always have them adopt then use the editsim <insert name here> feature of AwesomeMod to edit the child they adopted.

in sims2, i could have kids with the genes i wanted without a mod. i would open a copy of my sims in cas, change one of them to the opposite gender, create babies how i wanted, then putting them in the neighborhood and deleting the parents. the social worker would come and add them to the adoption pool, and then i would adopt them.

that doesnt work in sims 3, because of they turn into npcs and disappear. maybe we can use awesome mod to turn of story progression and then adopt our babies?

as far as reallism goes, i think it would be awesome to send my gay/lesbian sims to the hospital to get preggers instead of using try for baby in the bed. our simply send male sims to the hospital to pick up the baby. i am pretty sure it can't be done without massive dangerous file corruption, but it would be cool and eliminate the weirdness of having men be preggers.
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:41 AM
As a straight woman, here's why I want male pregnancy in the game. A female sim loses a lot of time in her career if she has a baby. If she has a career-oriented LTW and doesn't even WANT a baby, but hubby's the family sim who wants her to keep popping em out, then her LTW is deferred so that he can have his :p

Yes, that's realistic. No, I don't want that kind of realism in the Sims, which is otherwise less discriminatory than the real world
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:25 AM
I heard that if you use awesomemod, you should editsim your male sim to a female sim, make her pregnant and (when belly shows?) then editsim her/him back to male and you'll have a male pregnancy
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by femsuii
I heard that if you use awesomemod, you should editsim your male sim to a female sim, make her pregnant and (when belly shows?) then editsim her/him back to male and you'll have a male pregnancy

Actually using the TeenWoohoo mod that Lost account made works for same-sex pregnancies! yay. It wasn't working for me when i had AwesomeMod installed, i took that out and BAM, my gay sim got preggers
To avoid floaty head syndrome, I used Delphy's CAS edit tool and just enabled the 'maternity' setting on a few of the male clothes. I'm hoping we can add morphs so that they will actually look pregnant eventually. On that note, I tried looking at the files, but its so different from TS2 meshing! I can't figure out how to get the morphs to show up in Milkshape, or even if we are able to create new morphs.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
I've been able to do same sex couple pregnancy and male hereto pregnancy by altering the save games. I just set the sim I wanted pregnant to female and the other male, and got the sim pregnant. Once I was done, I just saved again and changed it back. Aside from interactions, there was no visible change, only the voice reflected the changed gender. Of course it still has the floaty head syndrome for men.
ETA: That was all done with no mods at all installed.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerM
I've been able to do same sex couple pregnancy and male hereto pregnancy by altering the save games. I just set the sim I wanted pregnant to female and the other male, and got the sim pregnant. Once I was done, I just saved again and changed it back. Aside from interactions, there was no visible change, only the voice reflected the changed gender. Of course it still has the floaty head syndrome for men.
ETA: That was all done with no mods at all installed.

were you doing this in cas or using a cheat code?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by climbingsideways
were you doing this in cas or using a cheat code?

He's talking about using his Save Game Editor. It's only useful if you're an advanced user, but you can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350770.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:43 PM
Changing the gender is one of the easier things to do with it, but yeah right now it isn't very friendly if you don't know what you're looking at.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2