Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1995
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7787 (Who?), Viewed: 464760 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM #7776
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

24 Achievements

View My Journal

One small additional driveway piece anyplace on the lot even sideways will do, certainly doesn't need the full driveway or a garage. Some of mine are sideways on the front area, made invisible. I use the mod that stops sims reacting to a driveway and some only get mopeds or motorbikes, depending how much room there is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM #7777
Diovanlestat
Instructor

Jo's sw idea is fantastic, just thinking about all the possibilities.
Old Yesterday, 1:40 PM #7778
maxon
The Great AntiJen

24 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
One small additional driveway piece anyplace on the lot even sideways will do, certainly doesn't need the full driveway or a garage. Some of mine are sideways on the front area, made invisible. I use the mod that stops sims reacting to a driveway and some only get mopeds or motorbikes, depending how much room there is.

I've thought a one-tile wide driveway piece would be excellent for motorbikes and bicycles but I'm pretty sure I've read about someone trying it and there's an issue of some sort. Damned now if I can remember what it was. It's something to do with animations I think - entering and exiting the vehicles - though you can specify with BHavs where a sim walks to and the direction they face before you start the animation.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old Yesterday, 1:58 PM #7779
omglo
Top Secret Researcher

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
That's almost exactly what sshack does:

I wonder if you could get around the grades part somehow so all your children would be allowed to get failing grades without anyone being taken away.
Thanks. It's not perfect but I could live with this.
Old Yesterday, 2:22 PM #7780
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I wish there were a way for parents to autonomously scold their children. For instance, when the kids are out playing in the rain, mom and dad should go outside, scold them, and shoo them into the house. Also, they should scold them for jumping on the bed and for teasing their siblings.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old Yesterday, 2:22 PM #7781
Rosebine
Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
I've thought a one-tile wide driveway piece would be excellent for motorbikes and bicycles but I'm pretty sure I've read about someone trying it and there's an issue of some sort. Damned now if I can remember what it was. It's something to do with animations I think - entering and exiting the vehicles - though you can specify with BHavs where a sim walks to and the direction they face before you start the animation.

The driveway piece is a 5 tiles wide object, but maybe by removing 2 tiles on each sides in the CRES? Was that what was causing issues...
...and this is way over my abilities. I just created an invisible recolor years ago, now that was easy.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi franšais !...surtout :0)
Old Yesterday, 3:56 PM #7782
omglo
Top Secret Researcher

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I wish there were a way for parents to autonomously scold their children. For instance, when the kids are out playing in the rain, mom and dad should go outside, scold them, and shoo them into the house. Also, they should scold them for jumping on the bed and for teasing their siblings.
It's weird that the game has parents autonomously scold for smashing the dollhouse, but not for smashing their sibling's face. There is an in game mechanism for this if someone wanted to mod it. It's called the annoying kid emitter.
Old Yesterday, 9:21 PM #7783
SciBirg
Scholar

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Thanks. It's not perfect but I could live with this.

It would be cool if you could have the Sims 1-style military school for bad grades.
Old Today, 12:13 PM #7784
RoxEllen1965
Scholar

Sims 1 military school deleted the kids completely from the game. I can live with them going into the adoption pool.
Old Today, 12:39 PM #7785
Charity
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Sims 1 military school deleted the kids completely from the game. I can live with them going into the adoption pool.

Yeah, military school for a while and then return would have been my preference.
Old Today, 7:37 PM #7786
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

I was playing the Montys at the Monty Ranch. Romeo likes his brother Mercutio, and of course he loves Juliette, and the fact that the two of them hated each other was making his life difficult. So he invited both of them on a trip downtown. First they went to the Go Here Sunshine Park. Here Romeo got Mercutio and Juliette to sit together and play chess. As they became hungry, he made hot dogs for them, and left his brother and girlfriend to eat them together. From there they went to the little Bopperz nightclub, where they all bought energy drinks so they could keep going till morning. After that Mercutio and Juliette soaked for a long time in the hot tub at the back of the club. After a while they were joined by Chris Cho. (For those of you who don't know Chris Cho (Fortune), she's Veronaville's answer to Meadow Thayer -- the best looking of Veronaville's female teenage townies -- and she knows it!) As it drew near morning, Romeo, Mercutio and Juliette moved on to TeenMealz, a little restaurant on the edge if Downtown's shopping area, that specializes in the younger dining out market. The three of them ate together there before heading home to the Ranch. In the course of the night Mercutio and Juliette spent a lot of time together, and discovered that they actually had a lot in common. They actually became friends. Their short term relationships had improved out of all recognition: Mercutio's for Juliette was now 100%, and hers for him was only a little behind at 74%. But in circumstances like these, Sims' Long Term Relationships lag a long way behind their Short Term ones. Mercutio's for Juliette is now -19%, while Juliette's for him is worse at -34%: though they are now trying to be friends, they are still a bit unsure of each other.

Well, back at the Ranch in the evening, I spotted a "Be Poked" (by Juliette) action in Mercutio's queue. Well I cancelled it of course. I've known Juliette a long time now and I honestly don't think she would do that. She'd still be uncertain of Mercutio, but she'd appreciate what Romeo was doing in trying to bring her together with his brother, and realise that a wrong action like that could set everything back badly.

So how about a mod to prevent such negative autonomous actions at a time when relations between the Sims in question are improving? I thought about testing to see if the Sort Term Relationship was improving, but I suspect that would be hard to do, as it would have to test how it was changing over time. It would be simpler just to test the "Friends" tag: a "Don't poke your friends" mod?!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old Today, 9:14 PM #7787
Zarathustra
Alchemist

26 Achievements

View My Journal

I miss the Downtown pianist from TS1... I wish if you placed musical instruments on community lots, there was some kind of option to choose whether you wanted them available for visiting Sims to play (like it works in a vanilla game) or whether you wanted them to be played by a talented NPC to add atmosphere...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Old Today, 10:17 PM #7788
Charmful
Link Ninja

12 Achievements

View My Journal

Since anyone can play pianos on community lots, I teleport in a sim with high creativity and direct them to play while I have my main sims go about their dinner. For example, I did a date night with an elder sim couple and teleported in two sims, made them selectable and they became the dinner entertainment.

Fun fact, you can start a sim singing on a karaoke machine then move them or the machine away and they still sing in place.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Section jump: