Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#7701 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Couldn't the animations for taking a nap on the couch be used?

Not with a global mod. Due to the way Maxis made the animations, each bed would have to be individually modified to make the couch animations work. I speak from personal experience
Advertisement
just a girl
#7702 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 5:33 PM
Sims get under covers to woohoo from relaxing position and fall asleep after that, so I'd say it's possible to do the same without woohoo. All the code is there, it just needs a few changes. But I'm not going to do it any time soon, I'm busy putting toddlers in restaurants
Mad Poster
#7703 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 5:38 PM
The mental image of a sleepy Sim aggressively flinging themselves under the blanket to go to sleep is amusing.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#7704 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Sims get under covers to woohoo from relaxing position and fall asleep after that, so I'd say it's possible to do the same without woohoo. All the code is there, it just needs a few changes. But I'm not going to do it any time soon, I'm busy putting toddlers in restaurants
Oh, that's true. I was picturing a Sim dozing off on top of the covers.
just a girl
#7705 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:11 PM
Sims sleep in hammocks in a napping sort of way. I'm not sure the animation would fit, but who knows.
Mad Poster
#7706 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Oh, that's true. I was picturing a Sim dozing off on top of the covers.

Inge's bunkbeds, the top bunk, the sims sleep on top of the covers. No idea if that's any help or not . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7707 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 10:29 PM
Guys, I am pretty sure the sim falling asleep on a bed, on top of the covers just use the nap on bed anim.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7708 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I have Squinge's Ask to Watch Kids enabled on residential lots, but I was wondering if it's possible to extend it to teens.

I asked about this some time back and after many people tired to help, it still turned out to be impossible. I finally gave in and had an elder move in with the three siblings (teen, child, and toddler) so they could avoid the awful NPC nanny.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
just use the nap on bed anim.

Sims can nap on beds in ts2?
Mad Poster
#7709 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Sims can nap on beds in ts2?

Wait..they can't? *goes to check*

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7710 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM
No, only sleep. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7711 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:14 AM
lol..Exactly. No nap option. Silly me. But anyway, the anim exist, so I guess adding a nap option would still be possible, using it.

Alchemist
#7712 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maraudine
I wish for some sort of celebrity system.

If your sim had a celebrity token, other sims would occasionally ask them for autographs, they would have a relationship boost, maybe occasionally a fan would stalk them on community lots.

The booty is back up! And the fan cones are under simslice.

As for a hack I'd like to see, well, one that would take all the music from ts3 and ts4 and make it available to put in ts2. I miss having new simlish songs.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7713 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 2:06 AM
@Phantomknight - you can, ahem, acquire MP3 copies of the soundtracks for TS3 and TS4 and drop them in the Music folder in the save folder. I've done it with a handful of TS3's build/buy/CAS tracks that I like.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#7714 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I asked about this some time back and after many people tired to help, it still turned out to be impossible. I finally gave in and had an elder move in with the three siblings (teen, child, and toddler) so they could avoid the awful NPC nanny. Sims can nap on beds in ts2?

Sometimes it reminds me of how EAxis was when it came to certain things - insane jealousy for everyone yet they don't notice that their partner has just given (non-alien) birth when they've never woohooed before, joined unions that granted fewer aspiration points, unable to leave children alone even though they don't lose time leaving the lot unmodded. I remember the TS3 system shaming you for having romantic relations with an occult even though said supernatural was the spouse you've been faithful to just about your whole life.

A product of the time it came out in in some respects, I suppose, but I still question the children not being to make cereal and sandwiches of all things. Disregarding the fact that there are children who are good cooks, I saw ads for DIY lunchables in those foreign magazines! Thank you, modders.

Yeah, I saw your WCIF while searching for it online. It's a good thing that I modded the social worker out in all of the hoods, but it doesn't make sense story-wise for certain families. Some teens are far more competent caretakers than their own parents...

I remembered thinking that I was able to nap on beds, but I forgot that I had the couch OMSP for that. I interpret it as the sim being so comfortable in bed that they have no choice but to go to sleep.
Inventor
#7715 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:26 AM Last edited by Sketching : 10th Mar 2018 at 7:39 AM.
It's been a while since my last post so I hope this isn't a double-post.

I'd love a No Autonomous Check Self Out mod. Sometimes the action works for certain sims and not for others, and I'd like to restrict the behavior to certain hoods. I suppose Autonomy Control might be my best recourse for now (or I could remove mirrors altogether, hmm...).
Lab Assistant
#7716 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:01 AM
Not a hack or cc per se, but cc-related: I wish there were Unimesh plugins for Blender.
Instructor
#7717 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM
What I'd always dreamed of for my sims is seperates shoes and an easy Ui way to switch from one to another without changing clothes.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#7718 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:19 PM
I guess this is more something I wish EAxis would have included from the get-go, since pretty much everything you'd need to do it is available as CC or mods now, but a pure storytelling or photography mode where needs are static, free will is nonexistent, Sims can be posed in any possible configuration, OMSPS and movement/placement options are available, etc... so that you could do Sim stories or comics or what-have-you without having to deal with all the issues present when the game still thinks it's supposed to be a game...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#7719 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I guess this is more something I wish EAxis would have included from the get-go, since pretty much everything you'd need to do it is available as CC or mods now, but a pure storytelling or photography mode where needs are static, free will is nonexistent, Sims can be posed in any possible configuration, OMSPS and movement/placement options are available, etc... so that you could do Sim stories or comics or what-have-you without having to deal with all the issues present when the game still thinks it's supposed to be a game...

Cheats are a thing.
Mad Poster
#7720 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:00 PM
This is right, but cheats were more for the purpose of testing different situations. So I also agree with the idea of having a *Story telling* play mode.

Mad Poster
#7721 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:03 PM
Or at least not have the different 'pose' options not force that weird grin onto Sim's faces.

Mad Poster
#7722 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:11 PM
They are SO glad to pose for you...

Theorist
#7723 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:29 PM
A storytelling mode would certainly have been sensible, considering how big the "Sims Photo Story" thing was with Sims 2, Maxis had a whole part of their Sims 2 website dedicated just to that aspects, with thousands upon thousands of stories found there.
So it was clearly something that was intended to be used within the framework of the game and a story pose/reaction game mode would have helped a lot.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7724 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:21 AM
Turning on the stereo to a random station, rather than the constant salsa.

Inventor
#7725 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
A story pose/reaction game mode would have helped a lot.

I would be interested in something similar to this as well (link provided below in case video doesn't work):

You can skip to 4:47 if you want to get straight to the features.
Page 309 of 580