Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:52 PM
Default population Mod
Is there any mod outthere that can make you ton really full and life like? I want the streets in bridgeport to be really crowded with sims. Is there a mod that can help with this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:55 PM
Not yet I would presume.

But that's quite interesting, because most mods out there are there to decrease the number of Sims than increase. :3
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:57 PM
Check out Twallan's mods (found in the WCIF portion of the forums here, or google "nraas sims 3 mods"). The default population for a town is, I think, 150 Sims, including the NPC's like babysitters, butlers, maids and such. Towns just don't seem full unless you dedicate some time and really tweak what everyone in the population does.

Good luck!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:59 PM
I hope EA would have made a thing in the settings that you can increase number of people to alot people or decrease it into just few for those who don't want too much people buzzin around or those who don't have good enough computer to run the game with big crowd. That would have been usefull
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 9:13 PM
I don't care how many real story sims there are but some random automaton sims walking about and automaton cars would make it look busier

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jazinga
Check out Twallan's mods (found in the WCIF portion of the forums here, or google "nraas sims 3 mods"). The default population for a town is, I think, 150 Sims, including the NPC's like babysitters, butlers, maids and such. Towns just don't seem full unless you dedicate some time and really tweak what everyone in the population does.

Good luck!

I second this mod. His Storymod is simply outstanding and, frankly, EA needs to hire him for his talent and put him to work on the Sims 4 or some expansion.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:52 AM
100% agreed, James009
Forum Resident
#8 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:57 AM
150. How sad.

I was going to post a thread here (or over at MATY) asking for suggestions for a good motherboard upgrade so I could start over with Sims 3 (I quit it last year) and get a nice big booming town. You know, back in my old Sims 2 towns, I had about a thousand sims in Pleastantville with family trees going back many generations. I could visit a community lot and meet a couple dozen unfamiliar (to my playable sim) sims easily each time. But I'm surprised that even after the third EP, they haven't done more to expand the size of the Sims 3 population. I thought it was just a limitation for people whose computers sucked.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:45 AM
Yeah I agree it just seems like all the clubs are empty because there are so many locations and not enough townies to go around!!! And when I am at a premier club I will see other sims try to enter and get turned away so I sit alone at the best clubs.... And I have implemented around 20-30 townies I made from scratch!!! And the clubs are still empty. I think the ep was great and had a lot of content but just needs some fine tuning.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doc Doofus
150. How sad.

I was going to post a thread here (or over at MATY) asking for suggestions for a good motherboard upgrade so I could start over with Sims 3 (I quit it last year) and get a nice big booming town. You know, back in my old Sims 2 towns, I had about a thousand sims in Pleastantville with family trees going back many generations. I could visit a community lot and meet a couple dozen unfamiliar (to my playable sim) sims easily each time. But I'm surprised that even after the third EP, they haven't done more to expand the size of the Sims 3 population. I thought it was just a limitation for people whose computers sucked.

Your typical gamer who plays the Sims is probably not going to be investing him or herself in a good computer rig to play it properly; and the typical gamer who tends to buy graphic cards aren't attracted to the Sims. Of course, there's always exceptions, but that's the general idea.

Its funny actually, because I remember there some people complaining about the excessive size of NPCs in the Sims 2. It would make loading times more atrocious simply because the game kept generating more.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:26 AM
Mostly, I have been disappointed with the building techniques in Late Night, cause that was all I have done, building the parks and empty houses in Bridgeport up to my gameplay standards. Today was my first day of actual gameplay, and I had fun. *Oh noes! Not my complaining butt*

I was worried about crashing, cause I built an apartment complex for my sim and worried if I placed everything right. The game didn't crash once today. Whew! I went to several of the clubs and even the dive club was full of sims, celebrities, and vampires. The park was alive with sims enjoying the jam session put on with Suzy Stummer and William Fangbanger. There were a total of seven other sims hanging out and enjoying the music. My sim had a level two celebrity by the second day. Cars, limos, taxis, bicycles, were zooming by the apartment complex. Only complaint, my sim has lived in her complex for 4 sim days, no one has moved in yet.

I do use Twallan's SP mod, most valuable item in my game. I can't play without it. Also use some of Twallan's other game mods too. Since it's been only 4 sims days, guess I have to wait and see what's going to become of this town. Late Night seems to run smoother on my computer than any of the EPs before.

My computer's on the low end of the specs requirements, so I don't think that can will be a problem for a growing population. I have played towns with 125 to 150 with this computer before, although it may have been a little laborious.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doc Doofus
150. How sad.

In the Sims 2, basically the only sims that really EXISTED at any given time were the family you were playing, except for walkbys. As soon as I heard about the "open neighborhood" in SIms 3, it was obvious that the hood size would have to be restricted for it to be possible.
Space Pony
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:53 AM
I have tons of people walking around bridgeport in my game...and there are tons of taxis...i think ea did a pretty good job...if youre on the ground at sim- level it feels like youre in a real city.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by soulsurfsublime
Yeah I agree it just seems like all the clubs are empty because there are so many locations and not enough townies to go around!!! And when I am at a premier club I will see other sims try to enter and get turned away so I sit alone at the best clubs.... And I have implemented around 20-30 townies I made from scratch!!! And the clubs are still empty. I think the ep was great and had a lot of content but just needs some fine tuning.

Lower the Bouncer's rope exclusion or delete it. Read the in-game Lessons about the bouncer. I deleted the bouncer rope at Dives (what dive bars/neighborhood hangouts has bouncers?) and lowered the requirements at clubs. My places are booming.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bchbch Walk
I have tons of people walking around bridgeport in my game...and there are tons of taxis...i think ea did a pretty good job...if youre on the ground at sim- level it feels like youre in a real city.

same here.
guess we can call ourselfs lucky.
and yeah, my pc is still pretty new and fast, guess that has something to do with it too.

Inventor
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:23 PM
Thank you for the tips, Jaegar!

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by so_freakin_glam
Is there any mod outthere that can make you ton really full and life like? I want the streets in bridgeport to be really crowded with sims. Is there a mod that can help with this?

there is awesomemod, i filled my game town using the "spawn <number>" cheat in 5 minutes, and then i turned on twallans story progression.
you can also use twallan immigration hack as it populates fast when you set the immigration gauge to 1000.
i dont think its a good idea to use immigration + spawn at the same time , because it could crash your game.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/...reci/daryl2.jpg
Code:
B Angie B http://youtu.be/5n7MgK98gu8 My Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/wrenish

Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 7:55 AM
i am new and dont know how to get mods need help!!
i am new and need mods to help my sims look and act beter im 11 years old my mind is not good enugh to relishe this is hard for mee
Instructor
#19 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 8:15 AM
The Sims 3 simply has a major limitation on the amount of memory it can address. The game really starts to struggle once there are more than 150 sims running around. There are a number of cheats the game uses to help with this. For example, some of the showtime venues have a faux audience which makes the auditorium appear to be full. Also, when you sim goes to a bar or other venue, the game sends a bunch of other sims to that location.

I do think a major improvement to the game would be for it to have bustling cities filled with sims. I was hoping for this in the Sims 4. But since the Sims 4 will be another 32 bit system, I am afraid this will not be the case. Keep in mind that 64 bit software has been around since about 2000. Maybe when the Sims 5 comes out, and EA's technology is 20 years behind the times, as opposed to being merely 14 years behind the times, will we see a better use of memory.

Its a shame to have a fast processor and a lot of memory that the game simply does not use because of it antiquated architecture.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 10:11 AM
I used to have the empty lot issue, but since Seasons, community lots aren't that empty anymore. There are usually about 4-5 Sims when I get there and as soon as I arrive, a bunch seem to suddenly pop out of taxis. Almost like they're stalking me.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#21 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 10:13 AM
Guys, this thread has been necroed. Twice. with two 2 year increments.
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Guys, this thread has been necroed. Twice. with two 2 year increments.

Yeah, but the second necro was by an 11 year old, who was foolish enough to give their real age and ended up bounced on out for being underage. Tough break when telling the truth screws you over like that. Now that kid is at a fork in the road. What lesson will they embrace? Tell the truth and risk the consequences, or lie like hell and get away with stuff like nerco'ing 3 year old threads? Only time will tell..................