Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 4:48 PM
Default made a Gothic church
I have made a Gothic Church, and just post a picture to get some feedbacks. (however, I made a terrible mistake, the church is a resident instead of a community lot.)

[img]e107_files/public/27599_02overlook.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 27599_02overlook.jpg ][/i]
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 4:51 PM
Wow...that's all I can say! Wonderful! Please, please put it up for DL!!

You can change it from residential to community...here's how.
1. Open SimPE 2. Open up your neighbourhood and click "Lot Description" in the "Filetypes" list.
3. View all of the houses in "Uncompressed Data" in your neighbourhood, in the text to the right of the hexes you should see the name of your lot. IE: 123 ABC Street
4. Now go into "Packed File" and all the way to the right you should see "Byte Editor" Click that
5. Once Byte Editor opens, go into "Hexadecimal" view...this option is at the very bottom of the box.
6. In the box titled "Offset" type in "0x0c"
7. Tyis box will be highlighted and should be filled with two zeros (00)
8. Change it to zero one (01) and click "Commit".
9. Save as
10. Exit SimPE Good luck!
-Sesmo
[ Edited 27-11-2004 04:55PM ]
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:00 PM
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:02 PM
Awsome work! The high peaks make the whole thing look great! I was thinking of trying a cathedral myself with some gothic arches and high pitch rooves but havent had much time as of late. :?

Where I live there are'nt any hills, so unfortunately we must live as "waterbillies"!
Instructor
#5 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:06 PM
Cool! How'd you do the peaks? They're very nice.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:11 PM
That looks great! It looks like an english style gothic church, with the tallest spires at the center instead of the front. It woud be nice if yoy post for DL. I'm also building a church on the biggest lot right now but it is more of romanesque style with thick walls.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:35 PM
daaamn....thats hot lol...yea you should put it up for download...

[COLOR=Pink]Sex is like math,add the bed,subract the clothes,divide the legs,and pray u dont multiply... [/COLOR]

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:53 PM
Thanks sesmo658, the church is now a community lot.
and I have uploaded it successfully, but it doesn't show in the download section, what's the problem??
#9 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 5:56 PM
Wow thats awsome
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:00 PM
They still need to approve it...I'm waiting as well...it'll get there eventually...no worries.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:09 PM
Congrats! That is definitely one of the most impresssive creations I have yet seen. Hopefully it will be available soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:22 PM
Thank you all for support. The church is called Voillet le Duc.
and it is fully furnished. I didn't use any hacked items, should be clean. It has an underground dorm and public dining room and kitchen. the second floor is all for bishops. the first floor has library and game room at the wings. The middle (main) part, has a split level for lecture (see the pic)

[img]e107_files/public/27599_001main.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 27599_001main.jpg ][/i]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:24 PM
another inside pic for teasing...

[img]e107_files/public/27599_002main.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 27599_002main.jpg ][/i]
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:40 PM
That is just gorgeous. You must tell how you got the high peaks Please! It's truly amazing. Just curious, but did you just raise a tile through the the walls and then colored the floor? Please do tell.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:47 PM
iamcoming: That is impressive. 10 stars for you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:03 PM
Yes, I did raise the peaks through the wall, then I deleted the wall downstairs and the base after turn off the cheat (because they all deformed). Then I layed down new base and new walls under the peaks and done. the peak floor was colored before raisiing.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:09 PM
Pretty good... The interior is very nice, but the outside leaves something to be desired... the podium is backwards...

And you said it is redidential... Apparently it is possible to change a lot from residential to community (and visa versa.) using simPE. But I'm not sure how you would do that.

3/23/05 [05:26] -irc.thesimsresource.com- *** You are banned from The Sims Chat ([Girl-from-mars|TSR] banned)
^Proud to be banned :D
#18 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:10 PM
where can we download this at
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:12 PM
impressive, amazing! very very good job bravo!
#20 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:13 PM
Amazing work.Well done. I particularly like the interior. Great job 8)
Instructor
#21 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:13 PM
How do you raise the floor through a wall?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:22 PM
hardonmachin: Thanks for the comments. I already changed it to community lot using sesmo658's method. The podium is a quick fix. As for outside look, could you be more specific? I really apprecite some detailed ideas for outside look.
#23 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:44 PM
You need to turn on some lights in there, I can't stand any place that isn't lit up.
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 7:47 PM
ok im in love...can you put it up for download?

[COLOR=Pink]Sex is like math,add the bed,subract the clothes,divide the legs,and pray u dont multiply... [/COLOR]

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 8:32 PM
Magnificent work. I love that this is a moderate, targeted use of the elevation cheat. It shows exquisite attention to detail, and you've made some very good design choices.

Top-notch. You have a place in the pantheon of sim architects.

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 2