Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2023 at 10:58 PM
Default Two Questions
Two questions: I have a note that says do not use the crystal plants in other worlds but did a google search and cannot find anything. Does anyone know about this? I have them in a world I am doing now and wonder if I need to take them out or not?

Second one, which kind of may know answer to..... I use packages. Custard does not pick up packages it seems in world exports. The export does include the items in the export though, correct? They just do not show in Custard?

When I do the export and then play the items show up for me, but I have the items, such as the RH rugs. If people do not have the packages/items set up in their game already though, they will not show up/work in their games, correct as the export will not install packages as it does packs I am assuming. Would the export work for them still at all if they do not have those items installed? I used a lot of CC in my Greek Island world and do not recall of anyone telling me of problems. My guess is I used packages then. But I cannot recall if I told people to get certain sets of CC for the world or not in the description?

All the worlds I am doing now need the RH rugs. Am wondering if I need to convert/get these items all back to packs so they will be included with the worlds?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th May 2023 at 9:17 AM
I only used the crystal plants in one world and it seemed to work fine. Maybe it causes trouble if someone didn't have ITF installed, but they should simply be missing in this case.

Packages are not included when you export a world. Sometimes they get "baked" into the file, just as with lots if you have CC or store installed as packages and then chose export as sims3pack. That doesn't mean they are necessarily functional objects though, as some resources may be missing.

For the RH rugs, a player would definitely have to install them seperately. To be on the safe side, I'd assume that for everything else CC, too.

Installing the rugs or any other CC as sims3packs might solve this problem. But I don't have any experience with that in regards to world exports.
Instructor
#3 Old 9th May 2023 at 10:36 AM
For the first part, NRAAS seems to have quite a few posts noting crystal plants throwing (harmless) errors when using their autosoils. As that would be the only way to place them in other worlds without getting sims to ferry some flowers over to plant manually, you might have made a note not to use them. They aren't going to spontaneously combust anything, as far as I can tell.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2023 at 7:18 PM
Thank you for the replies. I think will keep the crystal plants alone if have them. I think for the RH rugs I will just let people know they will need to use them rather than try to find them again or try to convert them to packs. I did find a program here to do conversions though if would decide to do that later.

Maybe I should do a save as of each world and do not have the rugs in them at all so they are not in the export in any way? I could put in descriptions for the lots what rugs should be used there? And then export those versions? I would not want to mess up anyone's game in any way.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th May 2023 at 10:29 PM Last edited by GraceManning : 24th May 2023 at 4:37 AM.
I am glad I found my answer here. When I was looking for it online, I also found https://www.grabmyessay.com/thesis-help website where I found thesis help and now I can easily complete my essay assignments on time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2023 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GraceManning
I am glad I found my answer here.

I am glad for the reply posts also. Thank you to all.