Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:13 PM
Default Can ghosts haunt community lots?
Olive Spector just died, and I don't want her ghost to scare Ophelia to death, which is what happened last time I played TS2. Still, I want to have at least one ghost per neighborhood, in case one of my Knowledge Sims rolls a want to see a ghost. I created a small lot I named Strangetown Graveyard and moved Olive's urn there; however, I got a notification saying, "Olive has died on another lot. She will return in spirit to the place of her death." Does that mean I'm still going to deal with her ghost, and the possibility that Ophelia will be scared to death?

I know you can avoid having your Sim scared to death by keeping their motives high, but I don't want to be under that kind of pressure. Isn't there a way I can have a Sim only haunt the graveyard I created? Or am I going to have to get a Sim to die on that lot?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:20 PM
Yes, ghosts can haunt community lots IF they are left long enough on the home lot for the ghost to start appearing. So if you keep the urn on a residential lot until the ghost comes out, you can then move it to the community lot and if you visit said community lot after dark the ghost may appear.

The message is just the game's way of saying that the ghost has been moved to the community lot. It can not appear on home lot once urn is moved. But as I said you have to leave it a certain amount of time for a ghost to be able to appear, and since time resets on community lots that has to be done on a residential lot before it's moved.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#3 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:28 PM
sending tombstones/urns to community lots was a feature first added in Nightlife; and possibly carried forward to the expansions after it.

from my understanding, ghosts haunt just the lot of their respective tombstone/urn.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Simonut : 25th May 2018 at 2:44 AM.
@gummilutt Yes you are completely right about the ghost coming out on a community lot. I made a cemetery in my game because I don't like tombstones on my home lots.
But before I move them I made sure that they appear out of their graves on their original home lot first, then I move them to the community graveyard I made, if a Sims is there at night the ghost will appear.
In fact Old Man Goth went to visit his loves ones there, and here come all the townies and other Sims the ghosts came out and scare the living day light out of all the Sims there, some even ran away. lmao it was so funny to watch.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Space Pony
#5 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:54 AM
The other graves at Specter lot? Did you send those too to the graveyard? as those will hunt too.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:35 AM
@Kukamuukaanmuka I don't play Strange Town where Specter is, in all the years I been playing ( 2006 ) I have never play that hood, I don't like the looks of that hood.
In fact I removed that neighborhood from my game. One thing about moving tombstones or urn to another location make sure you do it the right way.
Nightlife EP allow us to move graves I have the official prima game guide that I purchase years ago, and it tell you how. Here an example https://books.google.com/books?id=K...mmunity&f=false

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Yes, ghosts can haunt community lots IF they are left long enough on the home lot for the ghost to start appearing. So if you keep the urn on a residential lot until the ghost comes out, you can then move it to the community lot and if you visit said community lot after dark the ghost may appear.

The message is just the game's way of saying that the ghost has been moved to the community lot. It can not appear on home lot once urn is moved. But as I said you have to leave it a certain amount of time for a ghost to be able to appear, and since time resets on community lots that has to be done on a residential lot before it's moved.

I have Cyjon's ghost hack, which I believe makes ghosts haunt community lots more frequently. I move all graves to the community lot graveyard immediately, and I have seen all of the ghosts on that community lot.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2018 at 10:54 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 26th May 2018 at 9:40 PM. Reason: typo
I'm a bit surprised that no-one has mentioned Gothier Green Lawns, the only place where I have ever seen a ghost. It was in my early game, around March-April 2013, when I was beginning to come regularly to this forum. Like many Knowledge Sims, Andrew wanted to see a ghost. He thought Julian was too delicate to want to see one, so he went to Gothier Green Lawns with Chris Cho, a townie girl from Veronaville. The Wiki said that she had a strong interest in the paranormal, so we thought she'd enjoy a trip there. I must say that there was something about the atmosphere at Gothier Green Lawns that I didn't care for, and I felt even more uneasy when it got dark. There were lots of ghoulish Sims milling about the place, and to our surprise Julian was amongst them, and, most unusually he too was in the company of a girl -- the decidedly tetchy Kendra McCarthy. Well, before too long Andrew got his wish, he saw the ghost of Kiernan Tricou. "Was it worth it, Andrew?" I don't think so: two of his levels went right into the red, and he had to call for a taxi and go straight home to bed. And he needed a shower too, because he had had a little "accident". And, he somehow managed to fall out with Chris Cho too!

Around the same time there was a rather scary thread here about a Sim who had died at a community lot (Gothier Green Lawns it was too) after being scared by multiple ghosts. Well, that was the last straw for me. I've let Andrew and my other Knowledge Sims know that, if they want to go to gothic cemeteries after dark, looking for ghosts, they'll have to find a way to go themselves, because I'm not coming again -- it's far too scary and spooky for me!

(Personally I find the whole supernatural / paranormal / occult / magic thing a huge turn off. I put in Squinge's No More Hauntings.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th May 2018 at 5:02 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 26th May 2018 at 9:56 PM.
My question is, can you have a cemetery on a vacation lot?

Now, i'm sure a sim can probably die on vacation, but what happens? Does it depend on how many people are on vacation? If your dearly departed sim is the only one on vacation, does the vacation end and drop the ashes back at the home lot, if there's other playable sims living there? If that's the only playable in the household, does it just end, right there on the vacation lot, like any other household dying out? If the whole family is on vacation, does the departed wind up in somebody's inventory, or just vanish til they get home? Do they spend the rest of their regularly planned vacation, vacationing? And does it make any difference if you're staying on a hotel lot, as opposed to staying at an owned vacation home? Can you bury your sim on a vacation home lot, and then transfer that sim to a cemetery on Vacation Island?

Anybody know the answers to these and other looming questions? Inquiring minds wanna know!

EDITED TO ADD:
Thinking about this has made me want to build a lost ancient burial ground on Twiikii Island, with ghosts of deceased islanders in that native clothing... and maybe a couple pirates, who died as castaways and were buried in a long-forgotten cemetery, that is now overgrown with trees and vines... locals report of strange happenings in those woods at night, particularly at high tide, under a full moon...

So the MAIN question, despite the number of questions listed above... and the only important question is, can you make cemeteries on Vacation Island?

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#10 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:07 PM
about Gothier Green Lawns, I chose that lot for Belladonna Cove's deceased; with Hood Checker program.

about cemetery/graveyard in vacation neighborhoods; Bon Voyage's Prima Guide tells that characters can die while on vacation.
sending graves there; it does not tell either way.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:43 PM
Default Ghost in community graveyard. I have had many ghosts appear in a community lot by
Quote: Originally posted by SuperCoolRachael
Olive Spector just died, and I don't want her ghost to scare Ophelia to death, which is what happened last time I played TS2. Still, I want to have at least one ghost per neighborhood, in case one of my Knowledge Sims rolls a want to see a ghost. I created a small lot I named Strangetown Graveyard and moved Olive's urn there; however, I got a notification saying, "Olive has died on another lot. She will return in spirit to the place of her death." Does that mean I'm still going to deal with her ghost, and the possibility that Ophelia will be scared to death?

I know you can avoid having your Sim scared to death by keeping their motives high, but I don't want to be under that kind of pressure. Isn't there a way I can have a Sim only haunt the graveyard I created? Or am I going to have to get a Sim to die on that lot?
Alchemist
#12 Old 28th May 2018 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
My question is, can you have a cemetery on a vacation lot?

Now, i'm sure a sim can probably die on vacation, but what happens? Does it depend on how many people are on vacation? If your dearly departed sim is the only one on vacation, does the vacation end and drop the ashes back at the home lot, if there's other playable sims living there? If that's the only playable in the household, does it just end, right there on the vacation lot, like any other household dying out? If the whole family is on vacation, does the departed wind up in somebody's inventory, or just vanish til they get home? Do they spend the rest of their regularly planned vacation, vacationing? And does it make any difference if you're staying on a hotel lot, as opposed to staying at an owned vacation home? Can you bury your sim on a vacation home lot, and then transfer that sim to a cemetery on Vacation Island?

Anybody know the answers to these and other looming questions? Inquiring minds wanna know!

EDITED TO ADD:
Thinking about this has made me want to build a lost ancient burial ground on Twiikii Island, with ghosts of deceased islanders in that native clothing... and maybe a couple pirates, who died as castaways and were buried in a long-forgotten cemetery, that is now overgrown with trees and vines... locals report of strange happenings in those woods at night, particularly at high tide, under a full moon...

So the MAIN question, despite the number of questions listed above... and the only important question is, can you make cemeteries on Vacation Island?

-gE
>=)
2 ways to change any lot into a cemetery/graveyard::
-at least one character dying on the lot.
-at least one grave marker sent/moved to the lot.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th May 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly

Sure! Why not? Cemeteries are just ordinary community lots with graves on them and the game doesn't seem to care what neighborhood or sub-neighborhood such lots are located in. It also doesn't care what other objects are present on the community lot - you can have a haunted grocery store or a haunted nightclub if you want.