Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 7:18 PM Last edited by sims3isfun : 28th Jun 2016 at 2:29 AM.
Default Sims 3 Movie/Series
I like putting drama in my stories; I want to make a movie/series about a mother who's trying to find the courage to take her children and leave her abusive husband, who turns out to be a pimp.

Plot:
The main character (I have no name yet) grew up with an abusive, severely neglectful mother and no father, having been abandoned by him before birth. Her mother was a heavy drinker and frequent party goer; the main character was often left home alone, deprived of food because her mother was too lazy to cook meals. The mother would go to clubs and return home late at night with strange men. Nobody did anything about all this because the main character doesn't say anything to anyone.

During her teenaged years, the main character is violated by one of her mother's boyfriends, resulting in the pregnancy of her first child. Her mother doesn't believe her and kicked her and the baby out, calling her and the baby disgusting names in the process.
End Plot

I don't know what should happen after that, but that's part of the plot (though not completely official yet). Unfortunately I can't do anything right now because my desktop crashed and I have been unable to get it fixed (and my laptop doesn't have enough memory).

I know I'm going to need a LOT of mods for this. I remember seeing a teenaged pregnancy mod somewhere, but I forget where it is.

The end of the movie is what leads to the series. I have no idea what I should call it/them. Ideas are greatly appreciated, but nothing negative please.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:56 PM
Sounds like an interesting story, in a horrific kind of way ofc..
And I feel you so much about your desktop, I've been working on a machinima series for a while and everytime I get motivated to record it I remember my desktop doesn't work atm & recording on my laptop last time resorted in me losing all the recorded files So I just keep writing scripts :D
The teenage pregnancy comes with the nraas WooHooer, but I think you need custom teenage pregnancy clothes in order for it to display properly..
And yeah, picking names was ALWAYS the hardest thing for me with my stories/machinimas! But don't worry, once you're starting to get things done in the script writing and recording department, a name won't be the hardest thing to come up with anymore :p

But again, I love your idea so far! Also, idk if you're new to this of if you've done a bunch of machinimas before, but if you have any questions about recording or resizing the videos (if you want it in 16:9 :$) you can always ask me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blxckbird
Sounds like an interesting story, in a horrific kind of way ofc..
And I feel you so much about your desktop, I've been working on a machinima series for a while and everytime I get motivated to record it I remember my desktop doesn't work atm & recording on my laptop last time resorted in me losing all the recorded files So I just keep writing scripts :D
The teenage pregnancy comes with the nraas WooHooer, but I think you need custom teenage pregnancy clothes in order for it to display properly..
And yeah, picking names was ALWAYS the hardest thing for me with my stories/machinimas! But don't worry, once you're starting to get things done in the script writing and recording department, a name won't be the hardest thing to come up with anymore :p

But again, I love your idea so far! Also, idk if you're new to this of if you've done a bunch of machinimas before, but if you have any questions about recording or resizing the videos (if you want it in 16:9 :$) you can always ask me

This will actually be my very first machinima movie/series, so I have to figure out the camera angles and everything
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 12:13 PM
yeah i remember starting out with the camera controls :/ angles aren't really my problem, but the transitions always look weird in my videos :$
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 2:27 PM
Plot update - Here's the main character's story growing up as a child (possible changes and add-ons):

The main character stays locked in a cell in the basement of her mother's home with (very) little light. She's not allowed out for anything (not even school) and is deprived of food. She sometimes manages to get out and sneak food when her mother is asleep, but somehow, her mother hears her every time. When that happens, she is beaten and (because she smells like an animal) locked outside, sometimes on the coldest nights. Her mother lets her back in the next morning and immediately locks her back in her cell.
That night, while her mother is out partying, the main character manages to get out of her prison once again. The coast clear, she goes to finish the food she was eating the day before, but it had spoiled, so she gets sick from it.

Man, I need to get my PC fixed; I'm so ready to start this!
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 9:07 PM
that's so fucked up :o
but why does the mother lock her in the basement? like, if she's neglectful and out partying all the time that would mean she doesn't really care enough about her kid to lock her in somewhere right? or is she just purely evil? :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blxckbird
that's so fucked up :o
but why does the mother lock her in the basement? like, if she's neglectful and out partying all the time that would mean she doesn't really care enough about her kid to lock her in somewhere right? or is she just purely evil? :D

I guess you can say it's both
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 10:50 PM
Question for those who make (a lot of) machinimas: if you use the animation/pose player, how do you hide it from view?
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 11:32 AM
you can put it anywhere, it's really small so if you have a big set you can hide it behind furniture or something and make sure it's out of view for the shot, but if you're doing smaller scenes it just has to be far enough away so it's not on camera.. i've personally never had problems with it showing up in the recording and i usually just put it wherever :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 1:59 PM Last edited by sims3isfun : 11th Aug 2016 at 11:24 PM.
Long time, no see guys!

I think I figured out the names I want to use for my series: the mother's name is Rhonda and the daughter's name is Rayne (rain). I think what I'm going to do is start out with Rayne's story of abuse and neglect (The Story of Rayne; don't really know what to call it yet) then go from there. I was planning on making a few machinimas anyway to get used to the camera angles. I've already started writing a script.

Gahhh, I need to get this desktop fixed! I can still do things, like browse the Internet, but I can't play my games because it won't save them.