Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 12:00 AM
SimPE 301 Errors
Hello. I've been trying to make some custom decorative objects, which I've done plenty of times before, through SimPE but for some reason today I'm getting errors messages when I try to work with the program. What's happening is, when I'm in the Object Data file and hit "Get GUID" I get an error message that pops up. It says "the request failed with the error message: -- <html><head><title>301 Moved Permanently</tile></head>". If I click the OK button is goes to the Register Object GUID screen but it wont allow me to log in with my existing username and password. If I try to register a new user it brings up the same error message.

I've also tried going into Extra -> Preferences -> Ident and entering my username and password there but, again, it brings up the error message. I can't figure out what's going on. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using Windows 10, if that helps.

Here is the full error message...

The request failed with the error message:
--
<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

--. SimPE Version:
Default (0.72.1.33855).

Exception Stack:
System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message:
--
<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Sims.GUID.Service.SimGUIDService.loginUser(String username, String password)
at Sims.GUID.GUIDGetterForm.UpdateGUID(Boolean all)

Source:
System.Web.Services

Execution Stack:
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Sims.GUID.Service.SimGUIDService.loginUser(String username, String password)
at Sims.GUID.GUIDGetterForm.UpdateGUID(Boolean all)

Windows Version:
Vista

.NET Version:
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 12:36 AM
Another post about the problem.

It's the SimPE website, not SimPE itself.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 6:49 AM
Ah, sorry. I guess I should have looked better. Well, at least I know that I'm not the only person with the problem...
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:05 PM
MOVED PERMANENTLY? DOES THAT MEAN IT WONT EVER WORK AGAIN? iM GETTING SAME MESSAGE!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!