Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:49 PM
Default Autosave overwriting saved games
So this evening I go to play TS4 (of course), and my save game from last night is save game number 1. Then I remember I wanted to take a screenshot of a sim in CAS so I go do that. Once I'm done, I'm back at the main menu and I clicked the play button, but that just plopped that sim who I had just created (and cancelled out of) into a house. I go back out (without saving!) to try and load the correct save game, and I'm informed that save game 1 is now the auto save of the new sim!

Arghhhhh what the hell? I'm assuming there's no way to get it back? I've completely lost that save game and I was becoming quite attached to the pair - sim me was just about to give birth

So I then just exited out of the game and went back in and there are now three saves - the auto save, one from a few nights ago (save game 2), and save game 3 from just now - but I didn't save! I didn't click save, I always just clicked 'exit to main menu' or 'exit game'. I'm super confused and also worried that any new games will get screwed up. Can you even turn auto save off?!