Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2018 at 2:32 PM
My two big issues in Sims Medieval, please HELP
Hello everyone, I post this here because I didn't find any specific for Medieval, so I apologize beforehand if this annoys anybody and/or has to be moved elsewhere... but I need help!

1. Disappeared people: suddenly and without reason, most of the inhabitants of my kingdom vanished in thin air overnight. This includes the royal advisor, the servant, the jester, all the guards, almost all the foreign diplomatics (only two out of ten remain), and most of the random townspeople (only seven or eight randoms are still walking around); they also stopped respawning. Now this is important because I need some of them for quest, like the royal advisor or the diplomatics. I tried to find a solution myself, but after surfing the net, I ended still empty-handed. The closest I got was the last post here (http://modthesims.info/m/archive/in...?t-470348.html), which mentions a rabbit-hole (whatever that is, why and how did it happen?) but it didn't work for me because the tag maps only showed the few people still remaining there, inluding my heros. No clue about the disappeared ones

2. Using the random people (when they were still respawning), I wanted to "create" my own NPCs, and discovered half the clothing and some hairstyles are hero-exclusive. Not completing the ambitions, not unlocking everything, not disabling the clothing filter... absolutely nothing I tried made those clothes available to random NPC. I used Grim's Core to set a profession on them and changing them, but after un-setting the profession they lose the hero-exclusive again after a little while. Again, the closest I got was downloading a couple of mods from Shimrod's page, but that apparently only unlocks P&N stuff, which I already had. So please, does anyone know how to get this to work? Or a mod for it?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:37 AM
Moved it to the right category for you! It can be a pain to figure out what should go where, etc. but hopefully someone would be able to help you out here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Moved it to the right category for you! It can be a pain to figure out what should go where, etc. but hopefully someone would be able to help you out here

Oh, thanks Lyralei! I actually saw the Medieval page in Discussion like, seven hours later? But then I couldn't figure out how to move the thread myself! I almost tried to write to the site team to ask it to them. So, thank you!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:34 PM Last edited by Xeny : 25th May 2018 at 10:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by leontinees
Hello everyone, I post this here because I didn't find any specific for Medieval, so I apologize beforehand if this annoys anybody and/or has to be moved elsewhere... but I need help!

1. Disappeared people: suddenly and without reason, most of the inhabitants of my kingdom vanished in thin air overnight. This includes the royal advisor, the servant, the jester, all the guards, almost all the foreign diplomatics (only two out of ten remain), and most of the random townspeople (only seven or eight randoms are still walking around); they also stopped respawning. Now this is important because I need some of them for quest, like the royal advisor or the diplomatics. I tried to find a solution myself, but after surfing the net, I ended still empty-handed. The closest I got was the last post here (http://modthesims.info/m/archive/in...?t-470348.html), which mentions a rabbit-hole (whatever that is, why and how did it happen?) but it didn't work for me because the tag maps only showed the few people still remaining there, inluding my heros. No clue about the disappeared ones

2. Using the random people (when they were still respawning), I wanted to "create" my own NPCs, and discovered half the clothing and some hairstyles are hero-exclusive. Not completing the ambitions, not unlocking everything, not disabling the clothing filter... absolutely nothing I tried made those clothes available to random NPC. I used Grim's Core to set a profession on them and changing them, but after un-setting the profession they lose the hero-exclusive again after a little while. Again, the closest I got was downloading a couple of mods from Shimrod's page, but that apparently only unlocks P&N stuff, which I already had. So please, does anyone know how to get this to work? Or a mod for it?

You need to try DeeDawgs Unlocks Manager. Its better than Shimrods It unlocks everything.

http://modthesims.info/t/514706

He also keeps it updated.

Also, concerning the disappearing sims. Did you use any cheats with the command prompt? Did you perhaps set the game to Clean House by accident? If you did, then most of the sims that were in the game will go away, never to be seen in that game again. I did it once, and the constable disappeared, and so did my monarchs ability to have sims arrested. A whole clan of unknown sims arrived in the kingdom presumably to replace any sims removed by the Clean House option I had used in command prompt. After this, every game I started provided sims that were unknown to me. Meaning NPC sims. My hero's were always present. In your situation though, if you did not use Clean House, you may wish to try it now, as your sims have already disappeared. If they are to return, the new sims that are replaced for the missing ones will look the same as the original. I especially mean the territory leaders, which you call diplomatic's. Remember to save your game first before trying these options, to make sure you can return to the former game set incase you do not like the new outcome.

I wish you success.

Xeny

PS This link may also help you concerning missing NPC sims in which you need for completing quests. In the asker's situation the Post Box helped him, but as I mention in the link, it does not always, so using the other option is advisable.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...307#post5255307

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2018 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
You need to try DeeDawgs Unlocks Manager. Its better than Shimrods It unlocks everything.

http://modthesims.info/t/514706

He also keeps it updated.

Also, concerning the disappearing sims. Did you use any cheats with the command prompt? Did you perhaps set the game to Clean House by accident? If you did, then most of the sims that were in the game will go away, never to be seen in that game again. I did it once, and the constable disappeared, and so did my monarchs ability to have sims arrested. A whole clan of unknown sims arrived in the kingdom presumably to replace any sims removed by the Clean House option I had used in command prompt. After this, every game I started provided sims that were unknown to me. Meaning NPC sims. My hero's were always present. In your situation though, if you did not use Clean House, you may wish to try it now, as your sims have already disappeared. If they are to return, the new sims that are replaced for the missing ones will look the same as the original. I especially mean the territory leaders, which you call diplomatic's. Remember to save your game first before trying these options, to make sure you can return to the former game set incase you do not like the new outcome.

I wish you success.

Xeny

PS This link may also help you concerning missing NPC sims in which you need for completing quests. In the asker's situation the Post Box helped him, but as I mention in the link, it does not always, so using the other option is advisable.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...307#post5255307

Hello, Xeny! Thank you for you answer, but I'm not sure how this unlocker could help me? You see, the problem is not unlocking the clothing. I already have completed all the ambitions and achievements, I'm at max as Watcher and Sailor too. This means I already have access to every single item in the game, clothing included. The problem is that only my heros can wear them! Not random NPC that I want to dress up. I tried both ways of editing in CAS with DeeDawg's mod and going to a wardrobe to change, and they are simply not there for randoms.

Oh, and about the vanishing people... I lost my patience when even my wife the princess of Effenmont took a stroll in the woods and never came back, so I already started a new kingdom. But just to clear it up, the only command cheats I ever used were motherlode and moveobjects. The mods I have are Grim's Core (only used in extreme need), DeeDawg's Edit in CAS and GrailQuests (use&remove).
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leontinees
Hello, Xeny! Thank you for you answer, but I'm not sure how this unlocker could help me? You see, the problem is not unlocking the clothing. I already have completed all the ambitions and achievements, I'm at max as Watcher and Sailor too. This means I already have access to every single item in the game, clothing included. The problem is that only my heros can wear them! Not random NPC that I want to dress up. I tried both ways of editing in CAS with DeeDawg's mod and going to a wardrobe to change, and they are simply not there for randoms.

Oh, and about the vanishing people... I lost my patience when even my wife the princess of Effenmont took a stroll in the woods and never came back, so I already started a new kingdom. But just to clear it up, the only command cheats I ever used were motherlode and moveobjects. The mods I have are Grim's Core (only used in extreme need), DeeDawg's Edit in CAS and GrailQuests (use&remove).

What you may want to try more often, or perhaps for you for the first time, is take control of NPC sims, and check out what they are doing. You can learn a lot about situations in the game just by controlling sims not intended to be controlled by the player. I learned more doing this about the game and its functions than reading any help guides, or info off the net. I discovered that the territory leaders order my servants to cook them meals, which interfered with much of my kingdom set up, so I put a stop to that by removing their royalty ability! No more special high grade meals for them while the damn servant cooks rat for the king!

By the way, likely some of the missing sims are just hiding behind areas, or else are in the rabbit hole. There is one area on the other side of the main gate heading into the Town in which the player cannot follow any sim, but if you turn your camera to and fro, up and down, here and there, you can just get a snip of their figure (s) hiding behind the trees on the left side of the road going into the Town. If you are really careful, and work your mouse to catch them, you can take control of them, and teleport them to right in front of your eyes...into the kingdom. Also, if you adopt the missing sims, as I suggested to the asker in the second link I gave you, then those missing sims will be forced to return, and they will do so by going to the home of their adopter, or new parent. They will have no choice, as that is required of an adopted sim, no if's and's or but's! You can then un-adopt them when you have them back and doing as they are supposed to be doing.
Some clothing is not made for all sims to be allowed to wear, others are okay for all. Look in the downloads section for clothing mods and you will find some made for NPC's. My biggest problem concerning clothing, and NPC's is getting them to STOP wearing my sims' clothes, especially the npc children wearing specially made and colored clothing for MY sim children!

Good luck to you!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.