Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 9:33 AM Last edited by fireflies : 15th Mar 2008 at 2:50 PM.
Default Cereal Food Tutorial Updated.
I See many people are still asking how to recolour Food?
Well since the other tutorial is to old and hard to follow; here you go.

Here is an updated Tutorial for cereal recolouring only..
It will not work for other foods as they need other tabs ticked for the burn states.
Please Read the Tutorial carefully Before trying and please Post your Questions here.
I will not be doing a one on one pm help with this Tut, last time was hectic.

Done with Simple to follow words and pics.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Cereal Tutorial 08.zip (786.1 KB, 688 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:08 AM Last edited by SparkleSim : 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:14 AM.
Thank you fireflies! I'm so glad you created a new tutorial! but so, does this mean you can't change the mesh of this, or can you use this as a possible continuation from PacoTaco's tutorial?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:35 PM
Dude there's a fire nearby. 0.0

I have a frog in my hole in my log at the bottom of my sea.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 12:23 PM Last edited by fireflies : 3rd Apr 2008 at 12:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SparkleSim
Thank you fireflies! I'm so glad you created a new tutorial! but so, does this mean you can't change the mesh of this, or can you use this as a possible continuation from PacoTaco's tutorial?

This is just a basic recolouring of the cereal so no it cannot be used with paco's tutorial,
if you want to clone the cereal with the mesh's so you can alter them?
you need to "untick" the "reference Original Mesh tab" while creating the package file,
This will allow you to play with the mesh file and see your cereal before you play with it in game.
Only do this if you plan on altering the mesh as it makes the package file much bulkier than needed if you dont plan on meshing it.

As for Paco's Tutorial? and recent pm's, i have never used it and have not ever learned anything about foods from him.
My experience with foods have been years in research and this research is only known by one other creator who shared knowledge and studied the foods alongside me years ago.

Here is a tutorial that i wrote and should help in begining to end on basic mesh pulling and animation retaining from start to finish for foods.

http://freya.modthesims2.com/member...ad.php?t=183680
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:33 AM Last edited by fireflies : 4th Apr 2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Package Recieved.
PC.WIZ, Your package had corrupted several of it's files on creation.
I rebuilt the file using my original package, if you want to make more recolours this should work fine in your game to do so,
If you have any other problems please let me know.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:17 AM
Nice tut. I made frosted cheerios and lucky charms.

I have a frog in my hole in my log at the bottom of my sea.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th May 2008 at 11:35 AM
I did everything you said in the Tutorial every thing turns out right but the colour won't stay. from far away the Cereal is still the maxis one and the when you get up close the Cereal is the colour I made it.

Do you know why that is?
Instructor
#8 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:05 PM
xienta84, you probably didn't updated mipmaps. Either do Update All Sizes after importing a texture, or use nVidia DDS utilities to import texture. It's a common recoloring problem, nothing food-specific, so see the general recoloring tutorial for more details.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:25 PM
thanks. I Just installed nVidia DDS utilities because it un-stalled after I re-installed my sims 2 games and when instaledd the ne PE version for K&B SP
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th May 2008 at 3:52 PM
Thankyou Jasana_BugBreeder, I try it with the cheesecake and the colour stayed the re-colour i made. Now I know how to re-colour the maxis made food
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 8:22 PM
Just wondering - on "the tricky part" do you enter the name of the object you're making or just "cereal"?

He who forgives is worthy of friendship - and has probably been bribed.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:25 AM
one quick question, this is th same basics, for the wedding cake?
I whant to make a cake cloning the weding one,but it is deformed,do I folllow this tut,or is diferent?
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 12:00 AM
Thank you very much !!!
Good morning !

@ fireflies :
I just would like to tell you :
"thank you very much for this new version of the tutorial" (for latest version of simPE) !

I don't speak english well but thanks to your screen captures, tutorial was very simple and pleasant ! So, i made a coca can with juice can recolored and it runs : not possible without your english tuto.

So... That's why I just would like say "thanks" ! Bye !
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:42 PM
Umm when Im on saving the picture it dosent have the export or import option or the picture
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:48 PM
Nvm I figured it out
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:23 PM
Ty Mine worked ^-^
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 9:37 PM
My person keeps standing in front of the fridge and doing nothing. I followed all your steps (for cereal) and then I got a little stuck. When you say to reverse "Food-Cereal-Menu" and "Food-Factory-Cereal" (or something like that, not sure that's right, but it is similar) if your person just stands there doing nothing, what do you mean?

I followed your instructions exactly, and now I would just like it to work. Thanks!

-Leander
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oleander25
My person keeps standing in front of the fridge and doing nothing. I followed all your steps (for cereal) and then I got a little stuck. When you say to reverse "Food-Cereal-Menu" and "Food-Factory-Cereal" (or something like that, not sure that's right, but it is similar) if your person just stands there doing nothing, what do you mean?

I followed your instructions exactly, and now I would just like it to work. Thanks!

-Leander

I'm having the same problem, and I followed the instructions step by step. I thought I had enough background in SimPE grrr.....what happens if say, we reversed the numbers incorrectly (but not the last five)
THANKS
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 10:02 PM
^
Totally confused about that too. What does that mean? I know this is old, but can anyone help?