Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#201 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:06 PM
@Menaceman44 - Yeah, it's just that world and it's only when it's classified as a city.

@simsample - I put the one you put up for dl in it, not any one I created. Could you give me a step-by-step, just to make sure I'm not skipping something?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

bakafox, I don't really understand the wild animals yet! For example, custom worlds that were created before Pets are having wild animals show up correctly (indicating that no spawners are needed) and yet Appaloosa Plains has lots of animal spawners. So I'm not sure whether placing a wild animal spawner in a city (on a lot, perhaps) would make wild animals spawn there or not.

Thanks for the quick & easy file SimSample!

As mentioned in the "Spawners not in CAW thread" (I'm repeating here for folks who read this thread but not that one) The bird/snake/lizard/rodent spawners do work in ANY kind of map but are far more localized, and are for the 'catchable' kinds of animal- the ones Sims can decide to keep as pets.

The 'really wild' wildlife like deer and wild horses are the currently more random and not-in-cities-apparently things that will show up on their own.
Retired
retired moderator
#203 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:32 AM
As far as I could tell from the XMLs it's only deer that don't turn up in cities. All the other strays, including horses, do. :/

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
As far as I could tell from the XMLs it's only deer that don't turn up in cities. All the other strays, including horses, do. :/

Question: Is that an XML that can be set individually for each world or will it be a global change? I would love to just have raccoons spawn in my city/suburb world.
Test Subject
#205 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 12:59 AM
Hi simsample, now that i've got pets I seem to need more space than bridgeport can provide, so ive downloaded(started to) a few worlds, and since seeing ur post i always want a world with city status, and some worlds are magnificent and huge, but they lack this code. I use a mac, so im ready to receive bad news on this, but i still have a glimpse of hope lol... CAn i modify my downloaded worlds to have a city status? and how?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#206 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 12:15 PM
Hey Goga44, you can certainly do this on a Mac! S3PE will run using Mono, on both Mac and Linux.

Peter has a note about this in the S3PE download thread:
http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=189.0

You should also read this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580

I hope this helps!
Test Subject
#207 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:27 PM
Hey! I was just wondering, if deer and wild horses don't appear in the cities, does that mean the unicorns don't appear as well?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#208 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:04 AM
Curlykatz, Unicorns should appear in cities, or so I've heard.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#209 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 1:50 AM
New Information:

The CAW tool can now be modified to enable world type flagging from within the program. Please see this tutorial for details.
Field Researcher
#210 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 6:39 PM
Was thinking today, I now need to root around at some of the mods people have made for 'naming rules' and also to filter out some CAS clothing and things- as it occurs to me that with the ability to make vacation worlds (and even easier now with modded caw when it works) it might be possible to REALLY theme vacation worlds using some similar scripting/filters... to add to overall effects.

Just something I thought I might bring up here, in case there are people working on that as a part of all this process too...
Forum Resident
#211 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 6:47 AM
Yeah, that was one of the first things I thought of, since I've got a theme world in the works I wanted a custom name list for (in my very rare spare time). However, just so people don't waste their time - the default Vacation worlds don't actually have a filter on costumes. They are pre-populated with set sims, which were dressed for their World. If you have a Story Progression mod on, and/or play a multi-generation legacy game, you'll notice that successive generations of Vacation World residents show up in random regular clothing. I frustrated myself greatly looking for the non-existant link between WA 'ethnic' clothes and their respective Worlds before I realized that.

They do have name lists, however. The WA lists of names were pretty darned short, but I figure EA didn't think we'd spend all that much time in the vacation worlds and so wouldn't notice the repetition (or lack of costumes later on....).

Vacation or Town, it would be interesting to package a Themed World with it's own name list. That would take away the frustrating default part of making a default override name list. Of course, the names are all found in the STBL inside DeltaBuild0.package, and not an .ini file. But I have to wonder if we can't package a STBL override with a world anyway.... I would assume it would be similar to importing recolored Rabbithole _IMG files - but I've been awake far too long today to think that clearly right now. Good thing I have the day off tomorrow. So many new options to play with!
Mad Poster
#212 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 12:21 PM
I swear I found files that defined the look of foreign Sims. Or maybe they were files that got abandoned in the final build of the game but are still in there anyway.
There was one for each of the destinations. I can't say I remember it listing clothing options but I did see hair and eye colour mentioned.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#213 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 1:18 PM
This is a very interesting line of research! I will definitely look into this, especially the STBLs.

Can you remember anything about that file, Menaceman44?
Locked thread
Page 9 of 9