Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 11:32 AM
Default Lot edges visible in game, like dotted lines
Hi!

This has never happened before to me, but while in game, the edges of lots show as kind of dotted lines. Tried on two different computers, but the same in both. What could cause this? Please help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 12:55 AM
This happens sometimes when you level the terrain after placing a lot or if you place a lot that is not level onto level terrain. The way I fix this is to click on the Lots menu, select the lot, click on level lot, and then click on conform edges. This will put the lot edges up or down to match the world terrain or vice versa. If possible, it's best to have all the terrain leveling / smoothing done before placing lots to avoid this problem. Good luck with your project!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 11:28 AM
Right, if you alter terrain near the lot conform the edges. And if you alter more than a little it is best to delete the lot and place a new one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
This happens sometimes when you level the terrain after placing a lot or if you place a lot that is not level onto level terrain. The way I fix this is to click on the Lots menu, select the lot, click on level lot, and then click on conform edges. This will put the lot edges up or down to match the world terrain or vice versa. If possible, it's best to have all the terrain leveling / smoothing done before placing lots to avoid this problem. Good luck with your project!

It's very strange, cause every lot i have placed have this problem. I conformed edges of all lots just before saving, and this is driving me nuts.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 3:27 PM
I had a similar problem with my big world. A little touching of the ground spreads like waves
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 4:15 AM
Sometimes it's like there is a cascade effect. I've found it helps to start with the lots that need to be conformed, then end by conforming at least a couple of lots that are fine. If it doesn't work, you may have to delete the lots, replace them, and do no more terrain editing near them. Good luck!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 2:39 PM
I wonder if this is similar to the chunk boundary tearing I had? In my case it seemed to be caused by some kind of corruption to the terrain texture database.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=478610
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Right, if you alter terrain near the lot conform the edges. And if you alter more than a little it is best to delete the lot and place a new one.

Yes, this- if you do terrain editing anywhere near the lot, delete the lot and undo- a fresh new lot will be in its same position.

It just saves on effort fight in lot tearing- which is real something that can be minimized, not avoided.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Yes, this- if you do terrain editing anywhere near the lot, delete the lot and undo- a fresh new lot will be in its same position.

It just saves on effort fight in lot tearing- which is real something that can be minimized, not avoided.

I've started noticing the same thing in my world and I've deleted and undone the lots. It's not edge tearing, it's more like you can see the background through a tiny sliver of a gap. It's more noticeable if my weather is foggy or overcast (since I guess the fog coverage is lighter?). If you rotate the camera, the gap completely disappears and the lot looks level.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I've started noticing the same thing in my world and I've deleted and undone the lots. It's not edge tearing, it's more like you can see the background through a tiny sliver of a gap. It's more noticeable if my weather is foggy or overcast (since I guess the fog coverage is lighter?). If you rotate the camera, the gap completely disappears and the lot looks level.

I know what you mean- I see that from time to time in the world I made that I'm playing. But the image in the first post looks worse than that to me, although it could be a resolution thing.