Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:45 PM
i wish some one in beta testing could make me a coffin so i can see it. plz
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atlanteay
anim8or is way easier since the options are easy to use and understand and blender is a little too complicated for beginners.

cool, i was looking for a nice little easy to use 3d program, now thanks to you i got one ^^
i'll be able to make some objects when that mesh tool come out :p
woohooo!

check my simpage for stuff like halflife 2 sims and my WSF robot! : click!!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:56 PM
i love the tv! Now my poor sims can watch tv!!! or my teen sim in the basement.........thatd be neat...or in the attic!
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 8:39 PM
Hi I was wondering if there is an expected release date for this tool looks great, Thanks for the Hard Work.
Test Subject
#105 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:09 PM
Back on the first page, they said that it SHOULD be released "no later than february." But that's just an estimation.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 10:12 PM
Hope this question is in the right place and I don't sound too stupid. In Sims1 there was the problem of object id conflicts with user created objects. Will there be the possibility of a similar problem with user created objects for Sims2? If so, would someone PLEASE make a program to check for and correct the "bad" objects. If I remember correctly Rick Haelle had a program like that for Sims1.
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#107 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DBCAB
Hi I was wondering if there is an expected release date for this tool looks great, Thanks for the Hard Work.

We don`t have a release date, but expect a version soon , while there is much more work to be done in adding new features , like animation. The current functions/features of the program seem to work as intended. The main problem is a lack of tutorials, and we don`t want the support tasks to take up all our time and stop us working on improving the program and adding new features.

Starting from today, some new objects will be released in the beta testers section, so we can check for any problems with objects created with the Mesh tool.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 1:35 AM
Ive been thinking about it and when you edit body meshes, how well will the clothes conform? I know in Poser if you edit V3 or M3 body mesh the clothes will only confrom to a point. Are the sim clothes conforming at all or are they just set to use the 3 body meshes? So what if you want to make a gigantic penis for your male sims, wont it stick through the pants? Or am I just looking at this in Poser mode and its not simulur at all?
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#109 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 2:11 AM
Clothing won't conform at all. The clothing meshes replace the body mesh rather than go on over it like they do in Poser. So If you make a nude sim with big breasts and then put a shirt on her, she's going to have the default breast size again until she takes it off. Every clothing mesh would have to be editted to match or you'll have that weirdness.

RG
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Clothing won't conform at all. The clothing meshes replace the body mesh rather than go on over it like they do in Poser. So If you make a nude sim with big breasts and then put a shirt on her, she's going to have the default breast size again until she takes it off. Every clothing mesh would have to be editted to match or you'll have that weirdness.

RG

I was thinking about this earlier. I don't believe there are different meshes for fit and fat sims. So there must be some sort of deformer that can work on meshs. Unless there is a bone in the gut. Anybody???

Alchemist
#111 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 3:12 AM
Certain underware and swimsuit items are the exception to that. They are merely textures applied on top of the mesh (the speedo swimsuit for one).
For the ever popular male appendage item, when it would be able to be added to a mesh, will present issues because the 'ken doll' appearance is much more like a clothed male anatomy than a textured over anatomy.
To illustrate this, a textured over appendage would look like a limp one in a colored condom hanging out of a hole in an identically colored swimsuit.
The female anatomy has fewer problems in this area.
I believe the cure for that would be to then create a swimsuit with a mesh that is shaped like a ken doll, which will replace, I believe, the underlying anatomical features. Ditto for undies.
Or, just pretend the guy's a nudist & give him invisible suits and undies.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#112 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 11:08 PM
How would you change the body mesh of an individual sim? Would you just have clothing with different meshes?
Alchemist
#113 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fleabay
I was thinking about this earlier. I don't believe there are different meshes for fit and fat sims. So there must be some sort of deformer that can work on meshs. Unless there is a bone in the gut. Anybody???

Good guess!
There are a total of 65 joints and animation points for a standard skeleton.
And yes, one of them is right in the center of the belly, and has all the belly mesh points associated with it.
There is also one that sits midway between the tops of both thighs, lined up with the body center, that I have been wondering about.
<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#114 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 2:06 AM
Old lady hips?
Alchemist
#115 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 3:06 AM
Old lady hips?

I guess I was dancing around the description a little too much. It's right at the forward part of the crotch area. It's defined like all the other actionable points, but I haven't seen anything at present that seems to use it. Not that the animation stuff is very well understood, at least here. While the action areas are in the gmdc, what drives them is elsewhere.
Some of the stuff is in the CRES file. If you go looking for the afbodynaked_cres and peek into it with a hex editor, you see that 'fat_belly' and 'pregnant' are two actions that are in there. I am pretty confident the spot I identified is what is modified. What happens between the two is a little hazy... oops, I have another incoming call on my crystal ball. :-)
<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#116 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miche
Two pictures of a tv, one of the beta tester made based on the tv in sims 1.

please! up load that tv it is so totaly awesome
if it relly works that is :D
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 7:56 AM
wes, I found these as model bone names. You've probably seen them already but the first one didn't come up in a search so I figured I'd post them anyway.

r_hand_grip
l_hand_grip
plumbob_grip
glasses_grip
hat_grip
r_earring_grip
l_earring_grip
neck_grip
r_bracelet_grip
l_bracelet_grip
r_ankle_grip
l_ankle_grip
r_ring_grip
l_ring_grip
spine2
pelvis

Alchemist
#118 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 11:45 AM
wes, I found these as model bone names.

I think THOSE refer to the 'action spots', as opposed to the 'bones' that would be used for IK animation,
There are 65 total points altogether. I don't think the belly and the grips are used to move the body, like a thing or hand bones, but rather as targets for effects, such as mesh mods for fatness, and perhaps to align the face, hair & clothes with the rest of the body.
Thanks for putting the list together, though. I could use it, but haven't had time to compile it myself.
<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#119 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 3:36 PM
Default sorry to be so dumb on this
but i've searched and cannot find an answer.when you export the mesh from simpe,where does it put it?haven't been able to find it.once again sorry,i'm new to this kind of stuff.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 3:59 PM Last edited by pinksuki2k : 27th Jan 2005 at 4:01 PM.
I have a question for anyone that is somewhat experienced in creating 3D objects meshes. I took a 3D/Multimedia class in high school, but we learned NOTHING and the teacher was ass, so I pretty much had to teach myself to create basic objects and models in Poser 3DS Max. I was wondering if my level of experience is enough to create objects with this new prog? Just curious how easy the prog is and is it something users can easily learn or adapt to. But I'm sure someone will eventually create a tutorial and I learn very quickly... :kami:
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#121 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 4:12 PM
Most of the beta tester find the mesh tool very easy to use, some do though have problems. Though most of these are problems with getting the details for the package right, in SimPE. ( A few are also with certain 3d programs which create obj files which aren`t in the format the mesh tool wants them, like Cinema4d seems to have problems where by it either won`t export normals or inverts them.)

So there is no simple answer, it just depends on the person and the 3d program they are using.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 6:20 PM Last edited by fleabay : 27th Jan 2005 at 6:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
I think THOSE refer to the 'action spots', as opposed to the 'bones' that would be used for IK animation
SimPE had displayed a text section listing these as "model bone names". I noticed a couple more in a different section with l_thumb_grip and r_thumb_grip. I'll see if I can find them again.

And I forgot these altogether:

root_Grip
L_ShoulderTarget_surface
BellyTarget_surface

The thumb_grips are listed in the 'Resource Node section' filetype.

Open the 00001 character in the N001 neighborhood and look in 'text lists'

MTS2 Hot Pepper
#123 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 6:35 AM
I hope this program will encourage people to make different bodytypes 4 men n women...
Test Subject
#124 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
I hope this program will encourage people to make different bodytypes 4 men n women...

Making the meshes isn't the problem there. But getting them into the game is definately the trick. You definately cannot use the Milkshape 3D plugin to turn them back into Sims 2 file format. You lose all the animation abilities that way. My teens looked really scary, as in arms perm stuck out like a scarecrow dummy! EEK!

Quote:
Where ever you go, there you are.

- Buckaroo Bonzai
Page 5 of 6