Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 10:01 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 12th Dec 2006 at 8:17 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Default (Can't grab new object in game) New Problem: object isn't recolorable
Hi!
I made this sideboard by cloning a dining table, then adding a new (recolorable) subset for the tablecloth (which worked fine...). Then I added a subset für the handles to make them reflective, but somehow their texture doesn't show up (I checked for typos already, but maybe I missed something...).
I tested the sideboard in the game and found out that I can't grab it with the hand-tool after placing it.
I'm just beginning to make objects and have really no idea what could be wrong, so it would be great if someone takes a look at it.

Hek
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:35 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 12th Dec 2006 at 8:17 AM. Reason: removed attachment
Selber Hi :D

Your package is fixed - though you should try to reduce it's vertex/polys, it's quite high.
I added missing subsets to the GMND, added another needed MMAT and that's it. Compare with your old package If you add more textures within this package just add the correct names to the tabledining subset in the GMND, in Items.
If you still have questions about the changes/steps feel free to ask. And one suggestion: try Boblishman's shadow tutorial out to create a shadow which fits the shape of your sideboard.

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 12:08 PM
Vielen Dank, das ging ja echt schnell..ähm, ich meine:
Thanks, this was really fast!

But I do have some questions though:
I think I know why I didn't add another MMAT:I followed IgnorantBliss' turorial and it said that if I didn't want the new subset to be recolorable I should stop after step 4. Adding a new MMAT is step 6. ^^

About the GMND: How did you add the subsets? (at the Edit blocks tab). Maybe I'm blind...

Oh, and another problem: the sideboard now doesn't seem to be recolorable...
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 7:31 PM
OK, I can answer your question about adding the subsets in the GMND:
In Edit Blocks tab you just have to choose the kind of stuff you want to add (cDataListExtension, cAmbientLight, whatever) and click "Add", "Übernehmen" and switch to Content tab to edit the new blocklist.

Your sideboard doesn't seem to be recolorable at all. I removed the MMAT again (added because in first checks only the appearing metal was clickable) and did a testrecolor, didn't work. Added 1 recolor each for the recolorable subsets to the package, didn't work. Tried adding tsMaterialsMeshName to the GMND (changed several settings for it) - didn't work. Tried adding Text Lists - didn't work. I don't know why so it's time to ask experiencered modders for help - the unrecolorable package doesn't make sense to me neither, sorry. Maybe I'm just addlepated that I don't see the reason, maybe it's just above my skills, dunno...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:17 PM
hm, I see...
Nevertheless, thank you for trying (and your explanations)
Part-time Hermit
#6 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:25 PM
None of the subsets are recolorable because the MMATs don't have the right GUID in them. Copy and paste your new main GUID (0x00222D0D) to replace the current value of objectGUID in each MMAT, then commit and save. But you can only have 2 recolorable subsets, so adding the third one is not going to work, unless you make it a slave subset to one of the other two. As it seems you didn't want it recolorable in the first place, you can leave that as it was in the original package you posted. But the MMATs for the other 2 subsets need to be fixed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:36 PM
It works now! Thank you!
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 8:52 PM
*DOH!* This happens when you put the cart before the horse - I expected again (Repeating the same error still... *doh!*)

Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved