Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 13th Feb 2012 at 4:31 PM.
Default **Updated** Firepit - Same project, new issue
I'm sure anyone reading this already knows what I'm doing since I've posted about it in almost every forum by now... But I've cloned a fireplace to make a fire pit sims can sit around but I don't want them catching on fire.

I think I've fixed it so it doesn't happen. This is what I did:

Under Function - Main (Mod by Numenor) I clicked on the line Function - Main - Main Tile and then clicked view BHAV and imported as private.

Then under the new Function - Main - Main Tile that was created I made the the true line that pointed to Sub - Try Burn point the the line after it.

I think it works! But since I don't really know what I'm doing BHAV wise, the only thing I have to go on is if my fire pit starts a fire in game (I've had the fire going continuously without issue). So my question is did they way I altered the BHAVs really stop it from creating fires or did I just hit a lucky streak playtesting it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 10:42 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 13th Feb 2012 at 4:32 PM.
Default Same project, new problem
I'm trying to create a BG compatible version of this firepit that also has the roast marshmallow interaction but I can't get it to work with just the basegame. The package is cloned from Numenor's fireplace template, the Roast Mashmallow BHAVs are from pacotacoplayer's campfire and the marshmallow stick is cloned from the Uni bonfire. So far it seems to be at the point it requires any expansion pack to work--I think. When testing, it has worked with all expansion packs installed, with just Uni installed and with just NL installed. With just the BG installed I'm getting a bad gossub tree number error when trying to use the roast marshmallow interaction.

I've done the steps to make it BG compatible and have gone through each and every line of the BHAVs multiple times to check to see if I missed a node but I can't find anything. Can anyone take a look at this for me to see if I've missed something? Or is it simply that this can't be made basegame compatible?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:41 AM
Was the "Interaction - Roast Marshmallow" BHAV, at some point in the past, an 0x8009 format BHAV? Unfortunately, just changing the format code from 8009 to 8007 doesn't always make them base game compatible, and causes unexpected "Bad Gosub". If that's the case, then I've had some luck re-creating the BHAV line-for-line into an empty 8007 clone.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:53 AM
The format was 8009 so I'll try recreating it to see if that works. Thanks so much for the information.