Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 3:55 PM
Default breast bounce-problem
hi
when i first heard about windkeepers aniamtion sucess
i tried hair
i heard it works for accesories
and first thing to pop in my mind was breast bounce
now i did this
i used my old mesh
and
i extrated swimwear
and breast part was assigned as follows

spine1
spine2
clavicle

i wanted to give it 3 assignemnts as well
so for left rbeast
i did
56 spine2
22 c_hair
and 22 r_hair
for left breast
56 spine2
22 c_hair
and 22 l_hair

and exracted
( i didnt fix underweighted bones-i forgot)

and
extracted gmdc
repalced
exported it as .smd
9it ahd 2 groups-i used a modified hulaskirt -that i made tiem ago)
i exported both groups one by one as .smd
body and body_alpha (thought bod_alpha ahs nothing to dow tih it)
and imported as .smd
in pop
i chose 3 bones per vertex
and replaced
now saved
and checked in game

i was happy that breasts were animated
they could move
but

breast wwerent on original position
i am confused
just assignemnt is different
place is the same

no i need help
can it be possible for breast to show coreect is i assign to
c_hair and _(l or r) _ hair but instead of 22-some smaller amount?

or if i move the breasts down wards
so as they move upward they go to origianl position?

any help is appreciated
Screenshots
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 4:15 PM
Frankly, if you want to be breaking new ground, then it's your job to keep experimenting and experimenting until you get something that works, or doesn't. You should have done 5-10 tests on your own with different assignments before coming here confused. (You've done this before, which is why I'm mentioning this)

"Bone Assignments" control the location and then future animation of the vertices assigned to that bone. It is no surprise that by assigning breasts to a head bone, that they are going to be pulled towards the head.

Maybe if you used a very very low number on the animation bone and more properly anchored the breast where it should be (there was a reason breasts were assigned to those THREE bones, for optimal animation!) you might get something working. We've already been exploring that not all hair meshes might even share the exact same locations for the animation bones, so you might discover that if you change hairstyles things change again.

The real problem with this whole idea is that however the head is positioned and moves is not directly related to how your sims' breasts should move. So inherently, whatever animation you do get is going to look really odd a large portion of the time.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 5:38 PM
rite-...i will come up with something soon
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 10:48 AM
Another problem is the farther a vertex is from the bone it is assigned to, the more exagerated the movement will be.

The bone is kind of like the hinge on a door, when you open a door the part close to the hinge will move only a small distance but the opposite side of the door goes very far from it's original position.

The same thing will happen with vertex assignments. This is the reason for example that the ankle movements can get weird if you make very high heels, and with those you are only moving the ankle a short distance.

The "hair" joints are much farther away, so you can expect the movemnts to be very exagerated if you assign the breasts to the "hair" joints.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 10:48 AM
Or unless someone can edit bone positions. Because I'm really looking forward to flowing and bouncy dresses or garment that responses to the sims' walk.

~Charlie

I Do not take ANY requests!

Visit my TSR FA site!
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 3:13 PM
To do what you guys are asking for would require not simply moving the bones, you would need to somehow add new bones to the skeleton, and then alter the various "walking" related animations to operate them.

Not totally impossible (nothing is impossible) but this would require very advanced hacking and animating abilities - you would probably have better luck asking for this in the Object forum, or in any forums where hackers post.
Alchemist
#7 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OwaizooDE

i was happy that breasts were animated
they could move
but

breast wwerent on original position

This is a very original experiment.

The animation of the vertices is based on the RELATIVE position (distance and 3D direction) between the vertex and the bone(s).

Because the body and the head are different mesh models, the original distance/direction between the head bone locations in the GMDC and the ones in the model used by the game can/will be different.

This will introduce the same kind of positional distortions that happen when, for example, you move a bone in the leg from it's original position.

As a guess you might try adjusting the bone positions of the c_hair, r_hair and l_hair bones in your GMDC to more closely match the ones in the head used in the game (you can note the original positions with model information and select and move the bones one at a time). You may still have issues when the mesh is then used with a different height/size character than the one designed for.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 10:35 AM Last edited by OwaizooDE : 28th Aug 2006 at 6:21 PM.
hmm i guess i got u-i will try this...thankyou

EDIT
so i was wondering where od i find tutorials for making animations and
moving bones.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:32 PM
I actually made some moving cloth meshes, if you use 10-20 weigh values the movement is small, but present, and it’s not good idea to use it on a big surfaces. I’m still experimenting on this. The key thing is – it’s a HAIR animation, so it looks not to bad on light fabric, but breasts is something entirely deferent, and heavy – thy aren’t jelly, or fabric, or air balloons under the top Those animation bones move with the wind… Do you really want the breasts that move with the slightest breeze h? LOL
About the misplacement – sometimes it appears, sometimes not, I can’t pinpoint what I do differently, but it can be avoided without moving the bones. I just need to figure out what I do differently when it’s not present
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:54 PM
well just wait..i will take long...but i wont give up and will proudly bring animated breasts soon.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 10:30 PM
animated breats....i swear that only occurs on heavy women and some extreme action....? i wouldn't want my sims' breasts to be bouncing when they sit down...it's just not right.

~Charlie

I Do not take ANY requests!

Visit my TSR FA site!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 11:17 AM
lmao-neither would i want that when they sit...but mm i just would like it when they walk-like in PINKS song called stupid girls..the girl who is in bowling alley and she throws a balll-its a wonderful scene.