Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 3:34 AM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 14th Aug 2017 at 2:22 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Glitch when My sim turn in a Werewolf
Hey guys, how everyone is doing? Soooooo, I have a small glitch that its really breaking the mood of playing with my werewolf sim, everytime that I turn him into one, he change the outfit and its really dumb, that happens when I turn him back to a normal sim as well... I try use the Dresser mod of Nrass, and I even try to change him in the cas, cure him and turn him back to normal, even making a clone or a new sim and nothing works... Plase Help me... sorry for my english too

Here the Images
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:22 PM
Moved to help!

Hmm I've had this issue before after packing werewolf sims with Porter, although... I think I managed to fix it by resetting my sim through Nraas? I'm not sure if you've tried that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Moved to help!

Hmm I've had this issue before after packing werewolf sims with Porter, although... I think I managed to fix it by resetting my sim through Nraas? I'm not sure if you've tried that?

Yes I did, doesn't work
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 1:20 PM
Does this also happen with other werewolves, or just this one?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Does this also happen with other werewolves, or just this one?

well for now its just this one, you think I lost my sim ?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:33 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 19th Aug 2017 at 12:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Thequesh
well for now its just this one, you think I lost my sim ?
Not necessarily. If you still have the *.sim file from the SavedSims folder you can try to replace the broken Sim in-game with the SavedSims version, provided that this one is still working correctly. What you need for this is MasterController and the Cheats and Integration modules:

Click on the Sim in your game and then use MC's "Edit In CAS". At the bottom left of the CAS screen you will now see the button that allows you to choose Sims from the Saved Sims bin like in Create a Household. With that you can replace a Sim in CAS with a Sim from the bin. Click that and select your original werwolf Sim. Click the Agree button in the selection window and then Agree in the CAS window.

From my experience this breaking of the werewolf special outfit is often caused by modifying the werewolf in CAS after you play it, especially when you use the EA cheat "Edit in CAS" or the stylist station. To prevent this from happening I always use MasterController for this and always with the Integration and Cheats modules installed, and for werewolves in particular I always only use MC's "Edit In CAS", never "Stylist".
I also have a mod that prevents Sims from autonomously using the Magic Mirror from Supernatural to get a special outfit, because that broke some of my werewolves, too.

ETA: But before you do this I'd ask you for a favour: click on your Sim with MasterController installed and go Basic/Remove Outfit. At the bottom there should be an entry that says something like "Ui/Caption/ObjectPicker:Supernatural 1" and might show just a floating head. That's your werewolf appearance. Do you just have one and what does the thumbnail show?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Not necessarily. If you still have the *.sim file from the SavedSims folder you can try to replace the broken Sim in-game with the SavedSims version, provided that this one is still working correctly. What you need for this is MasterController and the Cheats and Integration modules:

Click on the Sim in your game and then use MC's "Edit In CAS". At the bottom left of the CAS screen you will now see the button that allows you to choose Sims from the Saved Sims bin like in Create a Household. With that you can replace a Sim in CAS with a Sim from the bin. Click that and select your original werwolf Sim. Click the Agree button in the selection window and then Agree in the CAS window.

From my experience this breaking of the werewolf special outfit is often caused by modifying the werewolf in CAS after you play it, especially when you use the EA cheat "Edit in CAS" or the stylist station. To prevent this from happening I always use MasterController for this and always with the Integration and Cheats modules installed, and for werewolves in particular I always only use MC's "Edit In CAS", never "Stylist".
I also have a mod that prevents Sims from autonomously using the Magic Mirror from Supernatural to get a special outfit, because that broke some of my werewolves, too.

ETA: But before you do this I'd ask you for a favour: click on your Sim with MasterController installed and go Basic/Remove Outfit. At the bottom there should be an entry that says something like "Ui/Caption/ObjectPicker:Supernatural 1" and might show just a floating head. That's your werewolf appearance. Do you just have one and what does the thumbnail show?

Yes I already try that, I tried to mess around with the master controller options, and it doesn't work, I even try in another save file, and another world..

Thanks to everyone for the answers, but I fixed the problem using a new version of the mod Hybrid, it's a completely new version, I think there's only one release month, and this new version repaired all the errors related to werewolves, not just the exchange But also the custom face change. I think all these problems are the cause of EA's abandonment to The Sims 3, because from what I see most of these problems the Nrass mods can fix. It's a real shame, but good that there are solutions for now. I think that's one of the main reasons I do not spend a dime on The Sims 4.

But thanks to everyone for the answers, really and if anyone has the same problem, please inform that the latest version of nrass's Hybrid mod is the solution, and it is available here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Hybrid.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:21 AM
Yes, the new version of Hybrid (v10) that fixes this was just fully released last month. Probably most folks know how to find us by now, but here is a slightly better link as the OP's seems to have a punctuation mark caught up in it that makes it lead to a page not found error.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Hybrid

I think what was confusing the OP (and quite possibly others) is that some of the fixes the mod provides are for occults in general, even the single kind, as its purview is not necessarily restricted to actual hybrids.
#9 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:44 AM
@igazor. Well, I will hijack this thread now to ask a question here instead of heading over to NRaas Industries and risk my own thread to be buried under Chatterbox. Back then twallan implemented some protection of the werewolf special outfit into MasterController. I know this because I was among those who requested it. Are these still in place or have they been migrated over to Hybrid?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
@igazor. Well, I will hijack this thread now to ask a question here instead of heading over to NRaas Industries and risk my own thread to be buried under Chatterbox. Back then twallan implemented some protection of the werewolf special outfit into MasterController. I know this because I was among those who requested it. Are these still in place or have they been migrated over to Hybrid?

In this case, afraid I have no idea. Probably only Chain can answer what actually went wrong here and why he had to fix it by way of Hybrid.

As for posts getting buried in Chatterbox, that's not exactly something we aim to achieve. Usually one of my colleagues or I notice questions on the general use message board going unanswered and bump them after a few days or a week (if the OP doesn't do so themselves). Sometimes we miss some of them, and sometimes although not very often they escape our notice if they are posted on a more obscure sub-board. Of course we can't force someone with more inside knowledge to answer, but this question seems pretty simple for those who have that knowledge.
#11 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:03 PM
Oh I was just playing grumpy old man, don't worry. I rather meant that threads in subforums get buried under Chatterbox not IN Chatterbox. It's been a year now that my two threads have gone unanswered.