Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:05 AM
Default WCIF... A House with room for a very large family and pets (of course :) ) that isn't extremely crammed together
This is my first post ever so I will try to follow the rules if I don't please feel free to let me know or else I will forever be THAT kind of newbie.

I am looking for a house for a large family and naively that I could just hop on the sight and find one but there are literally over 1000 houses. So what am I exactly looking to find? I dont mind if there isnt the specific rooms I just need a layout that fits for these items......

- A house for a large family and animals dogs and cats and horse (so a barn?)
- The basic rooms needed ie kitchen, dinning area, living room ect.
- specific rooms is collection room
- aquarium room
- small pets (Critters) room
- room for making alixers

If you find anything like this please let me know till then ill be sifting through all these houses
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 4:32 AM
Hi there, welcome! I'm not sure if I've seen a house that includes all those specific things, it's a pretty detailed list, but you might find some of what you're looking for here: http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_FamilyHomes.html

The other option is that you could create your own house, which is often what I do. It can be really rewarding and it gives you the opportunity to make something that's exactly what you want and can be tailored to your family's needs. Before you build, here's a few things I usually consider:
- Do I want a basement? If so, I usually avoid putting the house on a foundation. You can have usable stairs down to a basement through a foundation, but the measurements and setup for it usually annoy me enough that I don't bother.
- How many stories? I tend to think that for functional play, more than two or three is just a hassle. Also consider using more than one staircase or making it a wide one if you have a lot of sims so that way they aren't forever waiting for each other to get off the stairs before they can go up or down.
- For functional play, I usually try to think in zones/segments of the house and make sure there's enough room for sims to navigate easily without route failing. (ie. making hallways at least 2-3 squares wide, not using 'MoveObjects on' too much, leaving space in the middle of rooms for sims to have access/paths)
- Make sure your bathrooms are at least 3x2 squares. No matter how usable the layout seems, sooner or later a 2x2 bathroom will end in route-fails and tears, lol.
- If not sure how/what to build, I reference a plan I like from www.floorplans.com or www.houseplans.com

Hope some of this helps you