Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 3:34 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Aug 2017 at 3:45 PM.
Default Missing files from Vitasims
I was going through some Vitasims items today, and ended up redownloading most of the child clothes (via some archive sites). Some of the outfits and/or meshes are unavailable, though.

I've already tried the Wayback machine, and the Booty doesn't have any Vitasims clothes. I tried looking at Simscave too, but couldn't find much.

This one (and another using the same mesh) I've got the texture for - but the mesh linked on Vitasims was the wrong one for both the outfits. Does anyone have a working mesh?

The links for these ones didn't work at all (and I'm not sure about the meshes). These and a few others go to "file/page unavailable" pages.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
This site archive seems complete: http://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/V....com/sims2.html

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
This site archive seems complete: http://archive.tehsims.com/mirror/V....com/sims2.html
Some of the clothing links on this archive work but unfortunately most of the links to children's clothing are dead.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
Some of the clothing links on this archive work but unfortunately most of the links to children's clothing are dead.

Gah, that sucks. I'm sorry -- I had no idea! I hadn't downloaded any kids' clothing from it.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 4:04 AM
I've already gone through that archive plus with the wayback machine, but these particular download links are dead or not working.

Actually, most of the links did work, but not for maybe around 10-ish outfits, and of course a few of them also have mesh links on sites that are also dead. I'm hoping someone might have downloaded them back when Vita was still up.

It's also possible that some of the links never worked, because I'd downloaded quite a few outfits back when Vita was still up, and so far I've not found any of those that don't work now.