Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:43 PM
Default Sims 4 Apartments
Does anyone know where I can find downloads for apartments in in the San Myshuno area?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:34 PM
Technically, you can't. EA didn't make apartments function like normal lots in a sense that you could download new apartments from the gallery.

Alternatively, players have created workarounds in the form of rooms, but you'll need to look for those yourself.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:42 PM
Thinking about apartments in TS4 always makes me sad. I didn't think it was possible to do worse than TS3's apartments...and those weren't even really apartments until the right mods came out :/

The Receptacle still lives!
dodgy builder
#4 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Thinking about apartments in TS4 always makes me sad. I didn't think it was possible to do worse than TS3's apartments...and those weren't even really apartments until the right mods came out :/

Yes, it's a joke.

I made a house to be placed on a lot that is the top of one of the highrises here . I hope it works, no one told me otherwise.

I guess that's the options you have. Hole houses as penthouses, or rooms to functions as apartments in apartment houses.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 1:43 AM
The apartments and lack of do suck. Use the gallery to your advantage for apartments. I replaced the culpepper house with a 5 story building, 4 levels above ground, one under, tons of space for sims. Lots of good stuff and honestly? Duplexes are the best!
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 3:10 PM
Techninally you can download entire apartments and there are actually thousands of them in the gallery, but you got to remember to fill in the gaps in the walls and add the doors yourself, this had been purposely done this way so Maxis thinks it's just one big "room", and not an entire apartment.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 3:20 PM
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 1:39 PM
Sometimes if is more than one floor or balcony you have to download them separatedly like parts and "mount it together". I tried to upload my apartment at landgraab building like that. Part 1 is the bottom floor. Part 2 top and 3 is the balcony area and you just match the limits of the apartment with the limits of the big "room".

(but don't worry it has all the doors, is just there is a trick to upload rooms with doors: you have to make the game think is just one big room; you use the delete wall trick to delete one piece of room wall and then just extended it again with the"extend all arrow", so with this trick the game thinks the rooms are not separated).

Just look for ROOMS and not lots and the title in gallery like this ----> Landgraab VII etc or the name number of the apartment you are looking for.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:19 PM
There is no simple way to use the gallery and apartments together. The best way is to search whatever apartment you are using as a hashtag in the room section of the gallery. Will you find a lot of shit? Yes, will all of the different pieces be together? No, usually they won't. It's also impossible to visualize the room since you are given one viewing angle.

Apartments in Sims 4 are shit. Not "the shit" just shit. Terrible. They took one of the most unpopular ideas from Sims 3 (building inside a shell) and then jacked it up a notch and made the shell part of the world itself so the player had little to no control over how or where it's used. They didn't even integrate them with the gallery, which should tell anyone and everyone that the feature, and the pack it came in are nothing short of the shittiest, laziest, most uncreative content to come out of that studio in quite awhile.

Sorry for the rant, but City Living is a rip off at any price level.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 9:09 PM
Building inside of a shell would have been fine if the apartment system actually worked appropriately without it.

I was thinking it could work like Tomb Markers, where it hides the unused apartment depending on which family is active. It removes the used family and replaces them all. You knock on the door to visit, and that family spawns on the lot within the apartment.

That's too hard, apparently. The University Life apartments were no better. TS2 nailed it, like it does most everything else.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
There is no simple way to use the gallery and apartments together. The best way is to search whatever apartment you are using as a hashtag in the room section of the gallery. Will you find a lot of shit? Yes, will all of the different pieces be together? No, usually they won't. It's also impossible to visualize the room since you are given one viewing angle.

Apartments in Sims 4 are shit. Not "the shit" just shit. Terrible. They took one of the most unpopular ideas from Sims 3 (building inside a shell) and then jacked it up a notch and made the shell part of the world itself so the player had little to no control over how or where it's used. They didn't even integrate them with the gallery, which should tell anyone and everyone that the feature, and the pack it came in are nothing short of the shittiest, laziest, most uncreative content to come out of that studio in quite awhile.

Sorry for the rant, but City Living is a rip off at any price level.
While I think San Myshuno is really beautiful and immersive, I was very annoyed at how they just made apartments forcefully only there. Plus only few of them have balconies. I understand they had problems with camera zoom focus etc for apartments like they said BUT why so few/ugly and same buildings choices?

I like one of the buildings right by the side of a playable one in arts quarter, full of balconies, has ivy on top of it, in the center of the map that clearly already has rendered shells per apartment floor and why couldn't they give us that one too, oh no, lets give these super ugly ones instead without balconies at all. "They will love this!" Who make such decisions in this version of sims?

Like the buying clothes in Get to Work, does nothing to your sim, you can't have an extra set of costumes in a wardrobe and just pick and change to it like sims 2. So... WHY WOULD I TAKE MY SIMS SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES IN THE FIRST PLACE?! Makes no sense.

I enjoy playing the sims 4, I even made my 1st mods and cc for this version of sims, but I wonder who is in charge of such bad design decisions from the gameplay/player point of view.

Is like they put no passion at all in the EPs. I feel the team for GPs put much more attention to gameplay design and details, the EP game design team should be either put to SP team or just go for more background work because clearly the EPs are lackluster in The Sims 4.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 3:48 PM
There is no passion for EP's, or if there is it's being put in the wrong area. For example City Living was met with a lot of harsh criticism for it's overall lackluster selection of content, blatant repackaging of existing content, and underdeveloped features being the selling points. At the same time this was happening SimGuruGrant was bragging to a group of Sims players about how the development team went way over budget on the world, and he was so proud of what they made. That told me exactly what I needed to hear to figure out why EP's are so shallow - the people in charge focus on the aesthetic and not on functionality. To them as long as it's pretty it doesn't really matter if it does nothing, or adds nothing to the pack players are being charged $40 for.

They need to get some new management in there who can look at a feature and see what exactly the community is wanting. Had anyone on the team looked into what players were wanting with apartments, I doubt they would have halfass shoehorned them into that EP.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:15 PM
There is no passion for EP's, or if there is it's being put in the wrong area. For example City Living was met with a lot of harsh criticism for it's overall lackluster selection of content, blatant repackaging of existing content, and underdeveloped features being the selling points. At the same time this was happening SimGuruGrant was bragging to a group of Sims players about how the development team went way over budget on the world, and he was so proud of what they made. That told me exactly what I needed to hear to figure out why EP's are so shallow - the people in charge focus on the aesthetic and not on functionality. To them as long as it's pretty it doesn't really matter if it does nothing, or adds nothing to the pack players are being charged $40 for.

They need to get some new management in there who can look at a feature and see what exactly the community is wanting. Had anyone on the team looked into what players were wanting with apartments, I doubt they would have halfass shoehorned them into that EP.

I know. At least give us a choice of the shells, could even be repeated shells I don;t mind (if is so hard to make zoom focus right in sims 4 and we can't build our own apartments like sims 2).

But it shows lack of passion. Even Get Together showed some slackness, unfulfilling vibe.

I liked Get to Work, at least was ambitious, sure I get annoyed at the shopping part, but at least we had 3 careers, some very cool like doctor and scientist, aliens with their own cool planet, lots of baking items, photography skills and some retail, etc.

But, since then, I love the GPs, some SPs but EPs are all so disappointing. The festivals are so boring and empty (except Flea Market, that was well thought out and feels like a city thing), the buildings mostly are ugly, no balconies, no variety, no roommate feature like sims 2, etc. No shopping malls, no grocery shopping, laundromat, no real elevators, no escalators (to replace elevators) etc, it looks like a big city but doesn't feel much like one.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:31 PM

It's not particularly pretty either, IMHO. The only thing that makes TS4 any prettier than TS3, or TS2 for that matter, is the better lighting. Without that lighting, San Myshuno would fall apart like a house of cards and all that would be left would be, well, nothing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#15 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
It's not particularly pretty either, IMHO. The only thing that makes TS4 any prettier than TS3, or TS2 for that matter, is the better lighting. Without that lighting, San Myshuno would fall apart like a house of cards and all that would be left would be, well, nothing.

TBH, I don't find the lighting all that stunning either. :\

Now a game like Yonder!. That game has incredible lighting and a gorgeous aesthetic
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:28 PM
Well I find more aesthetically pleasing than Bridgeport or other "night life" pack towns for sims. Many agree. Sims 3 had very ugly sims imo compared to sims 4 and sims 3 best looking worlds imo were usually the ones with nature like sunlit tides and so on.

Bridgeport looked very dull and more like a fading past industrial town. Looked cramped but in a weird non city way (I lived in cities all my life, so I know how it feels).

San Myshuno looks like a city all right but has nothing to do besides boring festivals and some food carts (why not real food stands like hot dog and ice cream? beats me).

Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:54 PM
Building an environment that player looks at is far different than building an environment that player only has to look at.

Worlds in TS3 are malleable; You can pick up virtually everything on the ground and sling it around haphazardly at will. The majority of buildings can be constructed top to bottom, down to the color of cabinet handles. Alternatively, there are rabbit holes for Sims to enter. Bridgeport can be torn down in it's entirety and rebuild to be a modern metropolis, an eco friendly hub, a low income slum district, or a trendy shopping district. Quite easily in fact.

Worlds in TS4 are static, or can't be interacted with, or seen. Beyond the one or two active new lots, San Myshuno will always look the same. A player can't even modify the world with other builders to look similar to San Myshuno, with moveable bits and bobs. The apartments are fixed. The festivals are fixed. It's incredibly beautiful, but is a complete far cry from what a world in the Sims should be.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:52 PM
Bridgeport doesn't look like a city; San Myshuno looks like a city, but not one that exists. San Myshuno doesn't look like a city that could exist. Now in my mind, it's pretty clear what Bridgeport is supposed to be...a city like Chicago, New York City, Toronto, Pittsburgh, maybe Melbourne or something.

Plus, Bridgeport looks pretty good on my end.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#19 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 12:58 AM
San Myshuno problems is that it have fixed angles and world map that is as clear as mud, its a pretty backdrop and its all it is ... a backdrop.

Bridgeport seems to be very condensed city that just looks fake but functions as one as San Myshuno doesnt work as a city, it works as a Hollywood backdrop, a lot of the problems with Bridgeport not really working as a city come from TS3 limitations when the world come out, most of it ended up as rabbit holes as San Myshuno doesnt work as a city period since despite coming out after Dine out, Get to Work and Get Together it uses none of those packs/expansions as part of the world design.

Bridgeport at least allowed packs and expansion lots to be added and expand itself as San Myshuno simply lacks the space and its too restricted to be expanded, also its features cannot be really be added to other neighborhoods unlike City Living were you could add apartments outside Bridgeport, City Living ... the majority of its features are restricted to that world, it adds little to the rest of the game and little can be added to itself.

Parenthood is more a expansion that City Living.
Theorist
#20 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:10 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 11th Aug 2017 at 1:25 AM.
In my opinion, growing up in what people would consider a very small city, but for me it's the biggest city I've ever seen! I think San Myushino looks very fake and unrealistic. It looks to me like Oasis Landing and Bridgeport to me. The spice district is the only thing I can recognise as possibly being a real city. With the old brownstone/brick buildings by the waterfront from 100/150 years ago. That's a city. What the fuck are all these awkward, ugly metal skyscrapers doing in my city? I want to tear them down and rebuild it all to look like a proper city. But ofc I can't because EA wants me to play in their city, not mine. The whole game just feels like it belongs to someone else. You buy it, but still don't feel like you own it. Like borrowing someone else's video game and playing their save file instead of making your own...

"What is this... Oh god where am I? What is all this stuff? Why on earth would you put that there it should clearly go over here. Why does this look like this, it doesn't match that other thing. Oh my god where is everything. WHAT?! Why is it all the way over there. Holy crap, this place is a mess! Oh god the hotkeys! Why would you set them up like that? Jesus, what are these camera strings? WHY IS THE MOUSE WHEEL INVERTED?! That's it, I quit."
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:29 AM
San Myshuno would be amazing if 80% of the city wasn't just decoration. Bridgeport may be ugly but at least the entire landscape is open for you to either play in or edit to suit your needs. I've seen people rebuild it from the ground up and make it look wonderful.

I'd take an ugly city that I can make pretty over a pretty city, where only a VERY small portion of it is explorable, any day. Thankfully I don't have to make Bridgeport pretty since I can just download a player made city. Those tend to look better. And that's another thing we desperately need back. Player created worlds. I wouldn't be so bummed about how disappointing San Myshuno is if I could just make my own world.

Really? That's the last thing I'd compliment TS4 on. I hate the way lighting works in this game.

The Receptacle still lives!
Theorist
#22 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
San Myshuno would be amazing if 80% of the city wasn't just decoration. Bridgeport may be ugly but at least the entire landscape is open for you to either play in or edit to suit your needs. I've seen people rebuild it from the ground up and make it look wonderful.

I'd take an ugly city that I can make pretty over a pretty city, where only a VERY small portion of it is explorable, any day. Thankfully I don't have to make Bridgeport pretty since I can just download a player made city. Those tend to look better. And that's another thing we desperately need back. Player created worlds. I wouldn't be so bummed about how disappointing San Myshuno is if I could just make my own world.

They heard people asking for something like this, so they made Newcrest. I guess they didn't quite get that that's not how it works...

These guys seem completely incapable of understanding their player base to even the tiniest degree. It's like they've got cloth ears. x.x

"What, you want to be able to design your own worlds? Here's a pre-designed map with no buildings. That's what you wanted, right?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:40 PM
The funny thing is, my Bridgeport is now 50% decorative as well. I really don't mind the non-functional decorative buildings, but I do mind that when there's just too many of them.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 8:53 PM
The devs actually don't understand what players want.

Remember when asked about constructing apartments from the ground up - basically what happened in TS2 - and one of the gurus asked what the difference between a normal lot and an apartment would be?

Are the staff members forbidden from using the Sims wiki, or something?

Page 1 of 3