Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:25 AM
Default Neigbourhood bug...
Hi,

In the main map menu, when I want to change district, it's loading, and then it stays on the first neigbourhood, I c'ant change, somebody knows about this bug ?

Thank you !
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 5:19 PM
How many neighbourhoods do you have? Are you running the basegame or EPs?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
How many neighbourhoods do you have? Are you running the basegame or EPs?

I have all expansion, but I can't know how many district I have, because when I click on next, it does'nt change...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:15 PM
The way to check that you actually have some neighbourhoods there is to look in the game files.

For Sims 1, that will be [Install location]\Maxis\The Sims. If you didn't change the default path, then the install location will be C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86). The folders for the neighbourhoods are named Userdata, Userdata2, Userdata3 and so on.

Sims 1 is a little different from Sims 2, 3 and 4 in that it was written when there was no real concept of multiple users. Therefore the userdata and save files for a game were usually in the installation location. That was just fine and dandy for operating systems like Windows 98 but for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 there is a little thing called UAC which makes it difficult for programs to write userdata to the 'Program Files' and 'Program Files(x86)' folders.

So, if your neighbourhood folders are present but the game still will not read them, your best bet is to uninstall the Sims 1 and expansions completely, and to reinstall them into a non-UAC location. I made a folder on my hard drive specifically for my Sims games, so I installed Sims 1 to C:\Games\Maxis\The Sims. It works fine on my Win7 machine, as well as my Win 10 laptop. Note- if you do reinstall, also be sure to empty your virtual store- delete C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims (adjust this path to match the one where you had it installed to).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 4:39 PM
Thx you very much for the answer !

I will check it as soon as possible
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:39 AM
Sorry for the indiscretion and the semi-necroing but do you have Complete Collection or The Sims 8 in 1? (Not sure if it's allowed to talk about it).
Because 8 in 1 has a lot of known problems, one of them being that instead of having 8 neighborhoods you're only stuck with one.

BTW, a tip: You might want to install EliSims or some other kind of neighborhood manager program (EliSims worked ok here using Windows 7) It's easier to create/delete neighborhoods with it than messing with the games files sometimes.