Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 9:41 PM
Default How to make Sliders/Edit Bone Data
I have no knowledge on how modding The Sims 4 works (besides making very simple mods such as increasing the maximum household size), and I would love to learn how to make slider mods or edit bonedata.
An example would be EVOL_EVOLVED: http://modthesims.info/m/9059435
I've been looking around here, and most of the threads don't really make sense, and they don't say where to start/what tools to use.
Does anyone mind making a full tutorial describing the complete process on how to make these mods for beginner/amateur modder? I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you -Mudstep
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 3:59 PM
Custom sliders in Sims 4 beyond default replacement bone deltas is still new which is why there's so little available knowledge. I've made a tool to make the necessary resources which is still in beta test but about ready for prime time, and I intend to release a tutorial or two as well. Hopefully this will happen within a week or so.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Custom sliders in Sims 4 beyond default replacement bone deltas is still new which is why there's so little available knowledge. I've made a tool to make the necessary resources which is still in beta test but about ready for prime time, and I intend to release a tutorial or two as well. Hopefully this will happen within a week or so.

Thanks! I'm excited for this!
Do you mind adding an option to toggle simpler names for the Bone Delta files in the tool? Like a naming convention like "BOND_upper_lip" or something?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 2:17 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by simpler names - the actual names of bones are reasonably clear, like b__R_LoLid__, b__R_UpLid__, b__L_LoLid__ and b__L_UpLid__. If you're looking at a tool that only shows the hash of the bone name, like '0x45AD34EE' for example, the tool uses the understandable name.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm not sure what you mean by simpler names - the actual names of bones are reasonably clear, like b__R_LoLid__, b__R_UpLid__, b__L_LoLid__ and b__L_UpLid__. If you're looking at a tool that only shows the hash of the bone name, like '0x45AD34EE' for example, the tool uses the understandable name.

Oh ok, thanks