Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 5:14 PM
Default Recent issue with stylist career and no collectibles
I have several MTS and NRAAS mods which really helped with my game tremendously but I'm starting to notice some current issues I didn't have before. (Don't know if it is a coincidence) I am also using a custom world which started out completely empty. My stylist career never gets calls anymore client makeover. I have to go to the salon and hope a customer might show up. Often I have to use the Master Controller mode and "Invite" option, otherwise I could be standing there all day waiting for a customer.
Also I have no insects, no gems, and only SPECIAL seeds around town (I don't get fruit and vegetable seeds to find). and butterflies only at the science facility. I tried the buydebug and placed more spawners around but get nothing.

I have mastercontroller
career mod
overwatch
woohooer
upgrade times
decensor
add lot size
register (to get someone to run the consignment store--no one was there either)
passion and romance
more VIP Check in

I'm wondering if they are interfering with each other possibly? Not sure what to do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the calls only start at level 3 of the career. Before that, you need to wait for customers at the Salon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 12:20 AM
I used to get calls to come to the salon from clients. No longer get them.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 2:33 AM
The stylist career is glitched and sometimes stops working properly.

The collectables should start to generate after you have placed spawners, but it can take a few sims days.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:30 AM
The stylist career is also very much dependent on a multitude of factors like:
- world routing: if Sims can't get to the Salon quickly the job will drop.
- lot routing: if either on the customer's home lot or the destination lot there is something that prevents easy access to the lot the job will drop. An example is when lots have fences directly at the lot border. When a stylist is called to a lot they need a place first where they can arrive outside the house before being invited in. If the lot is fenced in and with a gate all directly at the lot border then the game can't find a place for the stylist to arrive. (This is the same for the firefighter career and to some extent the ghost hunter, too)
- population 1: a lot of stylist jobs are tied to what happens to the inactive population during a day. A promotion will prompt a stylist job, a new romantic interest will prompt a job, a fight with another Sim can prompt a job. So, if nothing of that sort happens in your town then your stylist will be jobless.
- population 2: the inactives have to be free and available for them to prompt jobs.

Therefore it could very well be that it's your world and not the career that is at the root of the problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 6:20 AM
Default Things are a little better.
I removed the NRAAS register mod and one of my sims was able to perform stylist jobs and it seemed fixed. It might have been interfering with something. Another Sim however, can't do the job. This sim can go to work. Clients will now show up at the salon but I am not given opportunities for jobs. They stand around or start playing instruments. I do a friendly introduction but under fashion all I get is discuss fashion, compliment fashion sense, or insult fashion sense. I don't get the assess needs or offer makeover option. I can click on the station and give them a makeover, but it's not a requested specific job so I get paid but no credit or ability to take a picture and add to portfolio. Can you only have one Sim do this job?
Still having problems with collectibles. Rarely get an insect or a collectible rock.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 7:09 AM
Which world are you playing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:12 PM Last edited by gdwitch : 7th Aug 2017 at 4:23 PM.
I'm using a custom empty world downloaded from here at MTS. Bigger Builder Island. I hate Twinbrook so dark and dreary.
Inventor
#9 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:57 PM
I have the world, which I use for building and testing. I was under the impression however that the world's routing wasnt optimal, as its primary use is building? Could that be the issue?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 7:21 PM
Builder's Island and Bigger Builder's Island aren't meant to be played. BBI doesn't even have lots, and placing lots in Edit World plays havoc with world routing. They are both as minimally equipped as possible to make loading quicker, too, because they're meant to be used by builders.
I use them both for building and testing things and the smaller one also for making Sims. When I'm done I switch back to a "proper" world. But I did let it run for a while several times, and already the spawned tourists had route failures every few minutes, the horses got stuck and my own Sim had difficulties too. They are real not worlds for playing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 12:46 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Other than these recent glitches, the island has been fine to play with. I wanted a completely empty world where I could put only the sims I wanted and only the houses I wanted. Oh well. Thanks for sticking with me. Is there anything like this that's playable?