Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:07 AM
Apartments, and nightlife/community lot options would be my top choice, then university/college, though I see how they could half-ass that one if it were to be included in the base game. Weather would be nice mostly because it is a very basic feature of real life, and it'd be a good idea for EA to include it in Sims 4 because lots of people want it, but I personally don't care much about it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 1:01 AM Last edited by VanillaBean14 : 26th Jun 2013 at 8:06 PM.
Apartments or seasons. Everything else is kind of in the background. Generations should just be a part of the base game, with some extra interactions added on per EP (but the most important/obvious ones should be in the base game).

I don't think that EA will give us anything, though. The best thing we might get is either grey skies or basic apartments. But one can dream, right?

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Test Subject
#78 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 11:58 AM
The only thing I wanted in the base game of Sims 3 was weather, and I wanted pets to come out next. the entire Sims 3 was such a disappointment. not to mention the fact if I added even 10 custom content it would take over an hour to load just the base game. and I have a decent computer! by the time these two got released I had stopped playing. I will not be buying the base or expansions If there is no weather in the base game. EA stop being such evil money hungry !#n!!#* .
Sockzz!
#79 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:53 PM
I like the features of generations and I would like to see that they spend a lot of time and attention to the gameplay instead of adding it in a expansion pack later on.
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 7:14 PM
Seasons, I think.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 5:01 AM
Ideally, the base game has noticeably lower hardware needs (supporting the idea of basic weather and other basic elements that could be elaborated later), as this would create player interest more easily. People would not have to upgrade to play a game they haven't used yet, and instead would upgrade later to improve the experience. (I see this a LOT on Steam, and it's especially relevant to teenagers who will have their own income during the product's life but risk alienation at the first stage.) Elements to include: hobbies / Generations interactions that don't increase the load, basic weather such as rain and seasonal lighting states (with selection setting available), reasonable extent of basic CAS items before crazy stuff most won't use (why would they want us to think they're ethnocentric anyway?), etc. It should include a small default island world (for the base game itself) as well as a big landlocked one that can be upgraded / expanded outwards with all EP stuff. EA - do not be afraid to release a fully functional game that people will tell their friends to buy and desperately need the expansions for a good reason!

This structure allows for customers to better choose expansions based on their wants and needs. The EPs would exclusively contain content that is relevant to the pack. I know they don't want to do this, but I still hold out hope, because while the company needs to make money, it does not need to bully customers into spending tonnes elsewhere on hardware they don't want just to play the base game.
Instructor
#82 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 9:46 PM
Pets AND seasons/weather.
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 7:05 PM
EA knew what they were doing with releasing World Adventures first. The fans would be clamoring for new content and likely to buy the first EP solely because it's the first EP. So why not throw out the wild card first? A smart business move.

I hope the EP order is more sensible this time around. Scrap out or re-do nonsensical ones like Showtime. Release normal-themed ones first then get to the fantasy, whimsical ones. There is no reason we should get weather and university so late and completely ignore a Business EP.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#84 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 8:11 PM Last edited by rkalanu : 26th Jun 2013 at 8:23 PM.
When TS3 came out, I thought the first two expansions would be:
  1. something OFB-like that would open up downtown rabbitholes;
  2. a "traits" pack that would add additional traits and expand existing ones.

Those were two glaring deficiencies in the base game that I thought they'd want to correct right away.

Then when WA came out, I thought: there are three tiny icons for the worlds up there. There's a lot of room to the right. Maybe they're going add new ones with new packs?

So, expansion packs for TS4? I have no idea what'll be in the base game. Even if I did, I'd have no idea. But whatever they are, I want them to focus on actually improving and expanding core gameplay, not on bagatelles like treehouses and acrobats. I know people hate it when they put junk like that in the store ("that should have been in an EP!") but if they put extras like that in the store instead of an EP, I could pick what I want, and what I don't. And that kind of stuff, I don't.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 7:00 AM
If anything I think we need more store content. The only reason I don't suggest moving everything onto small digital downloads (fairly priced) is that some people depend on buying the physical discs and don't have a connection. I'd love to be able to download the aspects of EPs I want without the bloat, even if it ends up costing a little more. Honestly with the EPs I've had for 3, what I wanted the most was to be able to delete content from them because it sucks and makes my game bigger than it needs to be. What if I want Seasons, not festivals, or the clothing from Supernatural but not the new life states? This is hypothetical, but most users get screwed over so much by not being able to pick and choose. In most cases (such as outfits and objects), the other EP content would not be needed to make them work, and as such they get illegally cloned out instead of being available for five dollars or whatever. Set expansions with no customisation are behind the times, and why should the company care if I play without certain features as long as I paid for them?
Mad Poster
#86 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 7:14 AM
Pets, or better still, have pets in the base game

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 4 of 4