Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:09 AM Last edited by BenC0722 : 24th Mar 2011 at 1:21 AM. Reason: Update
Default "Big Park" vs. "Small Park" Precendence?
I'm asking this because of a problem I once encountered in a world I created once. I hope to avoid this problem in my next world, which I'm currently creating.

While playing, you may notice that sometimes you're granted the ability to attend a chess tournament or take part in a "neighborhood grill-a-thon." It always takes place at a park. Thing is, sometimes it takes place in a lot that's not logical. For instance, in the last world I created, my Sims (active family) were filthy rich and lived in the high-end part of town. But these interactions/opportunities tended to take place in the parks I placed near the middle-class part of the town. Basically, at parks that aren't the closest/most logical for the active family.

The problem seems to occur when multiple lots are designated as "Big Park," and I think "Small Park" too (not entirely sure).

I would either like these events to take place at the parks closest to the active family, or at only one place (the main City Park, for instance).

I suspect the former will require a mod (something where I'm not yet well versed in), so is there anything I can do to make these events take place at only one lot, without only have one lot as the "Big Park" type?

Or is having only one "Big Park," and setting the other lots as "Fishing Spot" the only way around this problem? No, that's not the solution.

EDIT:

Whoops! Using "Fishing Spot" isn't an option either. I should have realized that sooner. However, my original question still stands.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:20 AM
I believe they can take place at any park lot, or beach, which contain a grill. So if you don't want the opportunity showing up at certain parks, try to avoid the grills.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puzzled5543
I believe they can take place at any park lot, or beach, which contain a grill. So if you don't want the opportunity showing up at certain parks, try to avoid the grills.

So it doesn't happen at the same lot every time? Interesting. I haven't paid enough attention to it, since I usually had my Sims do other things. Although it's true that in my worlds I place grills on every Beach, Fishing Spot, and Park.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:43 AM
What i have noticed, it doesn't matter what type of community lot you have. If you have a chesstable at the business lot, the chess tournament event can happen there. If you have grill on the criminal rabbithole lot, the grilling event can happen there. So don't put these items to lots you don't want the events to happen
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:26 PM
Yes, I had the grill-a-thon take place at an abandoned mine lot I built because there was a grill there. I believe I set the lot as "visitors allowed". So it seems object specific, not lot specific.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu