Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 8:25 PM
Default Testing game mechanics
I'm sort of bored, so I thought of doing some kind experimentations on stuff for tracking/recording results or whatever. If anyone has a question pertaining a game feature, I could test it out in my game and provide the answer by discovering it in practice. Hopefully this thread flies and doesn't end up dead.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 11:58 PM
I would like busking for tips tested. How much does full creativity and charisma help it? is there a difference to just full creativity/full charisma, and none of either. I am writing up a challenge and I'm not sure how much these help or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:12 AM
You think charisma has an influence on how much tips busking sim receive? I can see it testing by having three Sims (one with max charisma, other creativity, third both) perform for tips on identical instrument. Will have the chance to test stuff out tommorow though.

Alchemist
#4 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
You think charisma has an influence on how much tips busking sim receive? I can see it testing by having three Sims (one with max charisma, other creativity, third both) perform for tips on identical instrument. Will have the chance to test stuff out tommorow though.

In the Bhavs, I only see tests for Creativity. Will be interesting if you see anything else in play.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:37 AM
Sims with low charisma get other sims indicating they are stinky, while sims with high charisma swoons, so charisma is doing something but I wasn't sure if it got them more cash or just the animations. Sorry if this is a boring thing to test over, but I originally had down that charisma was needed in my rule set but now I'm not so sure.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sims with low charisma get other sims indicating they are stinky, while sims with high charisma swoons, so charisma is doing something but I wasn't sure if it got them more cash or just the animations. Sorry if this is a boring thing to test over, but I originally had down that charisma was needed in my rule set but now I'm not so sure.

Anything for SimScience, I say!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 8:59 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Apr 2019 at 3:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Anythings will do. I just want to preoccupy myself with stuff to give me a reason to play. Can't wait to return home.

So what I'm gonna do now is have three Sims do their husking sessions alone on the piano for a in-game week before switching them. I'll set up the conditions (via testingcheats) so their field of max skill (necessary for the experiment) varies. One will only have high creative skill, other charisma, and the third both. The room they'll be performing will be absolutely minimalistic (with nothing more than a empty room with a piano) and would occupy full space of the lot, so that customers won't be distracting by anything else. Also, the lot will be set as a home business. On second thought, I should set the test in a community lot setting so that creative skill doesn't alter.

Test results will be posted here shortly
Alright, so trying out with a Sim on a community lot I build for her to busk a piano. Motive decay is off and the only skill point she has anywhere is for charisma, that is set to 10. For some reason, the lot only brings one Sim at a time Probably due to the lot being object-bare with the lot only containing piano in a empty hallway. Anyway, the Sim gets only tipped once from "entertained" Sim before being heckle by them. Some just get stuck to Greet the Sim in the queue instead.. I'm now waiting till an in-game week passes in the community lot the performer is staying, so I check how much tip she has earned from playing.

Hopefully the number of visiting Sims doesn't severely disrupts the experiment's results, making it incomplete/inaccurate representation of said analysis. Though I'm up to do another take, by re-doing the lot so it has community essential'ish objects (public bathrooms, bbq or even maybe a lounge to care for npcs needs).