Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#8151 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 3:39 AM
And now the stakes have gotten higher. It's not going to be too hard for them to figure out that Charon and Jude were warned, and who probably warned them.

And I echo the "Get well soon."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Instructor
#8152 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 8:15 AM
I hope you'll get well soon, Bloo ^^

And it was a good update, Nat and your little explanation make sense :D

Bloodbath isn't always needed and I think the way the plot flowed made sense ^^
Scholar
#8153 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 1:16 PM
I regret having to disappear yet again, so soon after I last did, but I really do have a good excuse this time.

Also, it turns out poor Dayna has glandular fever. It's made her very sick and exhausted so that's why she hasn't been back yet.

TL;DR real life fucking sucks.
Lab Assistant
#8154 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 4:31 PM
Oh gosh that's awful. I send my love to you guys. I hope things get better. I've had some similar situations with some of our dogs in the past so I know how you feel. Take all the time you need. I hope you feel better too, Bl00

I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
Scholar
#8155 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 6:28 PM
Oh Nat, I'm so sorry. We had to have our dog put down recently (bladder tumor) as well, take your time
(Get well soon, Bloo!)

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Site Helper
#8156 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 9:52 PM
(((hugs)))

Take all the time you need. (And ignore the inevitable people who say "but it was just a dog..." Family members are family, whether they have two legs or four.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#8157 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 9:59 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes, guys. Hanging in there, but still feeling very wiped out from the most basic of tasks.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
And ignore the inevitable people who say "but it was just a dog..."

I will be more than willing to cough on anyone who pulls this shit.
Scholar
#8158 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A_Visionary
Oh gosh that's awful. I send my love to you guys. I hope things get better. I've had some similar situations with some of our dogs in the past so I know how you feel. Take all the time you need. I hope you feel better too, Bl00

Quote: Originally posted by Lady_Chaos
Oh Nat, I'm so sorry. We had to have our dog put down recently (bladder tumor) as well, take your time
(Get well soon, Bloo!)

Thanks both of you <3 And I'm sorry for your losses, too.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
(((hugs)))

Take all the time you need. (And ignore the inevitable people who say "but it was just a dog..." Family members are family, whether they have two legs or four.)

Thanks Ghost. <3 You're absolutely right.
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I will be more than willing to cough on anyone who pulls this shit.

Good. Fortunately, nobody I know would say anything like that to me, but if they did I would probably blow up on them.

I finally got this post done. It's neither past nor present, but another one of those posts I'm slotting into the index. (I think it'll go at number 217, I need to update the blog again) Remember I did the one with Jude and Seth? Well, I finally decided to do a post about Jude's cage fighting. This was a lot of work and I know it's not fully authentic, but I made the most of the tools available to me despite a few technical difficulties. Hopefully this storyline is now a bit fuller than before.

Robin and Pen are BL00DIEDHELL's characters, not mine.
Scholar
#8159 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 8:20 PM
Instructor
#8160 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 9:04 AM
Oh, my condolences for your loss, Nat, it's always hard to lose a family member, even if it's an animal :c

(Sorry I'm being late for that ^^')

I hope you and Bloo will be better ^^

Now, I liked this update ^^

Jude did well for her first fight in this arena :D

Penelope and Robin look cool and Eli seems interesting from what the duo said about him ^^
Scholar
#8161 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 11:26 AM
Great chapter, Nat! I was a bit nervous for Jude, but she can certainly hold her own. (And it's good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't always bother to shave my shins.)
Mad Poster
#8162 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 9:22 PM
I hear that! I can't be bothered these days haha.

And thanks, Linesa. Getting there slowly but surely!
Instructor
#8163 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 8:22 AM
You're welcome, Bloo ^^

And it's good to hear you're getting better little by little ^^
Mad Poster
#8164 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 11:46 PM
So like I said before, I wanted to do a little bonus wedding post of scenes that didn't get included in the thread, from the first time Nat and I roleplayed Quinn and Indigo getting hitched (back in May 2016, Jesus). This is stuff that either we changed our minds on, couldn't include because I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to effectively screenshot it, etc etc. There's a difference in the included characters as well, since at that point a lot of the poncey upper class social circle didn't exist. So, non canon, but amuses me all the same and thought would be worth sharing.

Scholar
#8165 Old 5th May 2019 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by linesa
Oh, my condolences for your loss, Nat, it's always hard to lose a family member, even if it's an animal :c

(Sorry I'm being late for that ^^')

I hope you and Bloo will be better ^^

Thanks I'm hanging in there.
Jude did well for her first fight in this arena :D

Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
Great chapter, Nat! I was a bit nervous for Jude, but she can certainly hold her own.

I think in actuality the fight lasted longer than I depicted, with the same result obviously. These things are hard to show off in screenshots. And it helps that Jude's in good hands with Seth and Pen. She can certainly fight!
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
(And it's good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't always bother to shave my shins.)

Same, I don't do it regularly. My hair is quite blonde anyway so it doesn't stand out much unless I've been swimming. But if I'm swimming, nobody's looking at me anyway. :P
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
So like I said before, I wanted to do a little bonus wedding post of scenes that didn't get included in the thread, from the first time Nat and I roleplayed Quinn and Indigo getting hitched (back in May 2016, Jesus). This is stuff that either we changed our minds on, couldn't include because I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to effectively screenshot it, etc etc. There's a difference in the included characters as well, since at that point a lot of the poncey upper class social circle didn't exist.

So true. Actually, there's a few more characters that ought to have appeared in the actual canon post, namely Rochelle's husband and Cecil's family, who I've only really developed recently. I'd like for them to start appearing soon!

Anyway, I can't guarantee my activity for the rest of this month, as I have deadlines yet again. Posts are in development though.

This one is a past post.
Scholar
#8166 Old 5th May 2019 at 3:04 PM
Scholar
#8167 Old 5th May 2019 at 7:14 PM
Hmm... Tate's idea of what "the right thing" is may be a little fuzzy. I don't suppose he'd recognize a right thing if he saw one. Not unless it was paraded down the street with placards saying "Behold the Right Thing", and accompanied by a band playing "Right Things are Here Again".

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#8168 Old 5th May 2019 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Hmm... Tate's idea of what "the right thing" is may be a little fuzzy. I don't suppose he'd recognize a right thing if he saw one. Not unless it was paraded down the street with placards saying "Behold the Right Thing", and accompanied by a band playing "Right Things are Here Again".

"Everything I do is the right thing, because I'm Tate motherfucking Farrington."
Instructor
#8169 Old 6th May 2019 at 8:40 AM
Good chapter, Nat :D

And I think I remember what is the "right thing" he did to that woman :/
Scholar
#8170 Old 19th May 2019 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda

Good chapter, Nat :D

And I think I remember what is the "right thing" he did to that woman :/

You're right to be wary about his idea of the "right thing" to do. 😬

Anyway, this has been a big, busy month for me and will be for another couple of weeks yet. And unfortunately, Dayna's got another external fault with the internet that might take five days to fix. Fate is certainly against this thread right now.

Past post today, next one will switch back to current for (hopefully) four updates.
Scholar
#8171 Old 19th May 2019 at 9:34 PM
Instructor
#8172 Old 20th May 2019 at 10:33 AM
That's a good night prom, Nat :D

Logan and Raya are a cute couple ^^
Lab Assistant
#8173 Old 20th May 2019 at 5:18 PM
Aww that chapter was sweet! I love romance.

I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
Mad Poster
#8174 Old 22nd May 2019 at 8:55 PM
What do we think, guys? Any chance of me being able to actually stick around for longer than five minutes without something going wrong?

The net came back yesterday, thank God, but I decided to wait until I actually had something to share before posting. So on that note, since Sunset Valley's gang has taken on more prominence in the story as of late, here are the intros to my characters!

Robin Drennan
Not very sociable and slightly enigmatic, Robin is one of Seth and Penelope's cage fighters. They don't talk about themself very much, and generally tends to have a grumpy demeanour, though they're often a source of amusement by roasting Eli.

They've already made a very minor appearance in the thread already, as I decided to include them in my pride post since I already knew it was virtually guaranteed they were going to appear properly at some point. They're the one sporting the ace colours. Also agender, but I'll be buggered if I could find any CC to represent that, sadly. And of course, they made their first proper thread debut during Jude's fight.

Penelope Benedict
Probably a bit of an outcast amongst the gang, purely due to not being obvious gangbanger material. That's not to say she's a loner; she's fallen in with a small core group of fellow gangsters and become close friends. However her vivacious, bright personality and cut-glass accent does make her stand out. Especially when alongside grumpier, gloomier people like Seth and Robin.

She's very much a maternal figure, always welcoming people with open arms to talk to her if they should need or want to. Given the chance, she spoils her friends rotten and loves making people feel happy. Though she tones her personality down a bit when at the gang hideout, for the worry that she'll draw more attention to herself for being soft, especially since some of the other bangers haven't been very welcoming straight from the off.

Tracy Nguyen
Like Seth, Tracy is one of Blake's lieutenants. Though unlike Seth, he does whatever Blake wants, without question or hesitation. Not that he's a mindless sheep, incapable of thinking for himself. He just understands that to get anywhere in the gang, the boss' word is law.

Considering himself a tough guy, Tracy enjoys commanding fear in those further down the ranks. He's also pretty sensitive about having a "girl's name", and making a joke about it is a sure-fire way to end up losing a couple of teeth.

His sense of morality is basically non-existent, rather unsurprisingly for someone who hangs out with charmers like Austin and Blake on the regular, and his loyalties lie only to himself and the gang.

Eli Crain
Oh boy, there's always one, isn't there? The person who says "hey, watch this!" before doing something completely unfathomable to anyone with common sense.

Eli is a walking contradiction in that he's both actually quite smart, but at the same time painfully stupid. Though the moments of intelligence tend to take people by surprise, because despite existing, that side of him is very well hidden. As Pen and Robin were saying before meeting Jude, this is a person who took a floation device for a swimming pool, rode that motherfucker down a flight of stairs and broke his ankle.

He's basically r/holdmybeer in human form.

Eli has a bit of an ego, though he tends to play it up for laughs. He also has a strong sense of loyalty to his friends, and with carrying out every silly, impulsive idea that enters his head, ends up frequently being a source of schadenfreude related entertainment.
Scholar
#8175 Old 23rd May 2019 at 1:01 AM
That's a good night prom, Nat :D

Logan and Raya are a cute couple ^^

Quote: Originally posted by A_Visionary
Aww that chapter was sweet! I love romance.

Thanks! Prom was one of those posts that definitely needed rejuvenating. It looks much better than before, and I'm glad people liked it.

Now, to add to BL00DIEDHELL's post... I actually wrote this up aaaages ago and forgot I went into so much detail. So today I polished it up a bit and took the pictures for it.

So, the gang. The most suitable and relevant place to begin is with a man we already know well. Stanley Cooper, who hails from the city of Miniopolis and doesn't need a picture, moved to Sunset Valley around twelve years ago. He'd say he wanted a breath of fresh air, but others would suggest that the prospect of putting some distance between himself and his mother may have also been a motivating factor. He established Cooper's Consignment with some help from the Gallos, and looked into forging some business deals with local people.

This led him to the gang led by Blake McIntyre, where stolen goods were easy to come across. Stanley, who at this point was well into the phase of life where he made poor decisions, wanted to join them outright.

Blake is the kind of man who likes to rule by fear. Maybe it looks stupid that he wears a denim jacket with flowers on, but nobody's going to say shit about it. He has no qualms about using violence and intimidation to get his way. Being brutal has let him be successful and he wants to keep it that way. He's in charge, and that's that.

The first friend Stan made was a young Seth Masters. He was also new to the gang, and the two were initiated at the same time. For Stanley, this meant attempting to burgle the Landgraabs. Of course, we know how this ended — in prison time.

But during his sentence, change happened. Rozalina Petrova was once a member, as being in charge of the stolen goods business. She became disillusioned with the way Blake was running things and some of the things he was getting up to, so she branched out on her own, taking some others with her and creating her own, female only business. After Stanley's sentence was completed, he chose to do business solely with Rozalina. Due to Gallo intervention, Blake backed off. As you've seen, Roza is a flirty, no-nonsense kind of woman, but also with a nurturing side. She's very passionate about protecting women and can be an intense person in general.

Now, for a couple of young members you don't know yet...

Billie Novak snuck into the background of an earlier post. Like Pen, she's a little out of place. Despite the tats and the piercings, she's quite a girly, friendly kind of person. How did someone like her end up in the gang? Well, when you're left to the mercies of the foster care system and aren't lucky enough to find a family, and you have nobody to guide you in life and few prospects, where else do you end up? Doing deliveries for Blake.

Cole Stephens is Billie's long-time best friend. They're purely platonic friends and will remain so. He's a bit of a poser and would like to be a tough guy. He's mostly grounded in reality though, and is good for a laugh despite being a little on the serious side. He works as a bookie at a gang-owned betting shop. Billie and Cole were in the year below Heath and friends at school - they also snuck into a post there!

Other prominent members and affiliations include:

Susannah Landry, who runs a brothel. Fun fact: she once had a brief fling with Blake, but their relationship is purely professional now. They still get along well, though.

Landon, whose surname remains hidden for reasons. He's one of the newer, younger members. He's a car mechanic, which in practice often means painting over and repurposing stolen vehicles. Only appeared a couple of times so far with Seth. He tends to be quite a cheerful, laid back kind of person. His personality is an odd mixture of sports fan, car-loving bro and camp gay, the latter of which he tones down significantly around certain people.

Austin Donovan, everyone's favourite drug dealer and all around scumbag. As we know, he was in a five year relationship with Nyla which resulted in the birth of their child Felicia, who he doesn't know about. Originally from Bridgeport.

And Seth again, as he is now. He's been through a few looks over the years, some of them more embarrassing than others. At present, he's the promoter of the MMA cage fights that Jude participated in, after spending a few years fighting in them himself. Over his twelve year gang career, he's done a bit of this and that, but is happy now in his current role. Definitely one of the senior voices, respected by many. His early life is still a mystery to most people — Seth likes to keep that firmly a secret, opening up to very few people about his past. He's grumpy, often moody and doesn't look after himself as well as he should, but deep down he has a kind heart.

Now, I know I shouldn't let this crew steal too much of the spotlight, considering the already huge cast. However, some of them do play a key role and have strong links to existing characters. While (my side of) the story still undoubtedly centres around Tate and his deeds, given that he is now coming to use the gang for his own purposes, they will make appearances. And honestly, I'm rather attached to some of them.
Page 327 of 332