Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#51 Old 30th May 2007 at 9:09 AM
Deadbeat, you must convince bodyshop to export your adult sized clothing at 1024x1024. If it's doing that, that's as good as it gets.

To have clothing look good you need to make your version as sharp/crisp as possible, so that when one zooms in it still looks pretty sharp.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:31 PM
The numbers in mine were already zero. When I tried to change it to capital O, Body Shop would not open at all. I have a fairly new Imac.

So I dunno what to do. I do have the blurring problem.
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 4:31 AM
I have a MAC and I changed the numbers for the original game and all the expansion packs, and I also followed the directions for MACs, however in the bodyshop settings the numbers were already set to zero. My skins that I have made since are still pixellated and blurry. Is there anything else I can do?
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 8:41 AM
Thank you callum, for saving my sanity. I think EAxis did this in their war on custom content makers, if I put Beosboxboy's "EA Sucks Big" in consideration. Look here, if anyone is interested in Beosboxboy's opinion:
http://s95147669.onlinehome.us/beosboxboy/
Field Researcher
#55 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:07 PM
I'm a little confused! (smiles sheepishly)
Let me explain...

When I go into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\CSConfig and right click on the "Globalprops" to open it in notepad it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cGZPropertySetString>
<!-- app may produce warning and/or skip additional property sets that do not match revision -->
<AnyUint32 key="propertyRevision" type="0xeb61e4f7">5</AnyUint32>

<AnyBoolean key="animationLOD" type="0xcba908e1">false</AnyBoolean>
<AnyUint32 key="antialiasingQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
<AnyBoolean key="autoCentering" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>

and so on....

I don't see a ''# UI Options anywhere.

What exactly am I looking for? And what do I change?

I am completely lost on this!!

Thank you!

Oh! I have the Sims 2 Deluxe version, as well as Uni, OFB, Pets, Seasons, and BV, does that matter?

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Field Researcher
#56 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:09 PM
I have another question!!

When I open up an exported skin file in Paint.Net it says the body is 1024x1024, but the face and hair are 512x512, is that normal?

I am relatively new to skinning, so would most appreciate anyone's help!!!

Thank you!!!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#57 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:40 PM
puppetfish - Those texture sizes are completely normal.

And regarding your other question... hit ctrl-F to bring up find and type in "UI Options" to jump to that part in the file.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#58 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Aligeth : 18th Nov 2007 at 2:37 PM.
Hmm.

I have a male child outfit I've started, including mesh and texture.

Now, I noticed that when I went to work on the texture, these .bmp texture files were 512x512.

I'm certain some of my other children things were 1024x1024, so I was puzzled, but figured there must be some reason for some being different and went on with my texturing.

But, when it came time for adding nice fine details, once I applied them and zoomed in, in Body Shop, I was appalled to find how ghastly they looked. A mushed up muddied mess. Made me sick!

Then I came here to look for suggestions and found this thread.

I went in and did all of the file changes suggested, and then went and began a new project of the same little original male child outfit.

Hmm...it was still 512x512.

What is up with that? Are some just stuck that way?

The outfit in question in listed under Everyday outfits, and is the little short-pants black suit with long white socks and chunky boots.

Its name is cmbodyjacketshortsboots.

In the meantime, I just re-linked my mesh to a texture I knew was 1024x1024 and reworked the texture.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#59 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 5:13 PM
You need to follow the recommendations in the beginning of this thread... at least I think it's this thread - and get your bodyshop to behave again.
Sometimes it breaks when someone installs a new EP.
Only toddler clothing is 512x512. The rest are 1024x1024.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#60 Old 9th May 2008 at 2:18 AM
Default Confused
Ok, I was really bored and I was searching around the site and I came across this. I too have the same problem and I was happy that there was a solution. But I'm kinda confused. Do you do the thing for both CSConfig and Config, or just CSConfig?
I did the CSConfig, but I haven't tried it out in the game, so I have NO idea if it worked. Its kinda late and it takes FOREVER for the game to load, so I'll play the sims tomorrow. So, if anyone knows the answer to my question before then, please answer!
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th May 2008 at 10:10 AM
Oh my guacamole. Thankyou so much!

I've edited the csconfig files, and it didn't work, and it was by pure chance that I came across that post about editing the in body shop files for mac.

AND IT WORKS NOW!

Oh I am so relieved, I thought I would turn emo for a second there. Now I can have fun producing more high quality textures!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou! All it takes is patience and research to find the answers to your problems on the internet.

P.S Macs don't get any cool programs =( Someone become a programmer for macs and make stuff for us!! *demands*
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 2:24 AM
callum91, I love you! You saved my game!!! Thank you so much for that. I was looking for help in another thread that someone started with the same issue, so I left her the link for your answer. You're like an angel! Thanks!

Happy simming time
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 9:48 AM
Default Problem
I have windows vista. I opened everything just like it said, changed it, and now vista won't let me save the file! I seriously dislike Vista, it has all these stupid little safegaurds that make it impossible to do things. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 8:58 AM
Callum91, I love you too! I was looking for this everywhere and it works now!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 7:23 PM
Default No Face Instructions Didn't help
I had the no face problem. The fix didn't help me but I left it so I could see better details. I may try to make these defaults on my own later on down the line.
Page 3 of 3