Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 1:06 PM Last edited by lidiqnata : 29th Jan 2016 at 11:03 AM.
Default Monthly Themes - January
We received candy-sweet goodies in the past month,don't forget to check them all out in the tables! This month's theme, I think, could outrun "Maxis Makeover" in entries - Books,Movies&little more....

January Theme - Books, Movies & TV Shows
Something colorful to start January with - anything you read in books,seen in a TV show or on big screen qualifies. You have a favorite TV character,but never had the guts to create by yourself? A dress you saw in your favourite movie,that you never seem to finish for upload? An awesome movie decor or scene from a movie, made into a lot? Let your imagination run free and have fun with it! We just have one rule:
*Please,mention in your posts,what you used from where,otherwise we won't know whether it's related to the theme. Entries with search tag,but no mentions, don't get a sticker. So please, add a line or two saying "I saw this, in this movie" and don't forget to add the search tag - themetv.

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see help above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the end of January will receive an achievement sticker (this includes 31rst) - anything uploaded after that date will not compete. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:themetv. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.
  • Add a brief explanation to your upload(a line or two),so we see exactly where you found,what you're sharing for the theme

If you have a question about something that is not included in the description above - feel free to ask! If you have other ideas on content that would be in the spirit of this theme, don’t hesitate let us know All currently in the queue,will be added once approved,so don't forget to stop by if we somehow miss you!

December Theme - Winter Wonderland

Sims 2 entries
ZarathustraHallelujah Square - Little Christmas Village - NO CC
MichelleElder Male Outerwear Recolours
CatherineTCJDWinter Wonderland Christmas Tree Farm
HoneywellChristmas Tree
lidiqnata*Sweets Shop*
HoneywellSummon Santa w/ CC Christmas Trees
allison731Christmas Cottage
lientebollemeisNew food: The Winter Theme Cupcake Set
maxonSixteen Christmas Cards for MogHughson's Postal System
JawusaWinter Wonderland - A Festive Mountain Vacation Subhood For Your 'Hoods - No CC
N_Fluen$eWinter Town Square
ArtemidaWinter Hat (default + custom)
ArtemidaBundled Up Beanie (default + custom)
ArtemidaMyos M05 (default + custom)
ArtemidaBeanie Loose (default + custom)
gummiluttPeggy 7204 Pooklet'd
gummiluttSau MYOS F18 Pooklet'd
Karen LorraineConcert time! (Christmas)
XxCTxXChristmas Reindeer Nightie
ankoyumeDROP OUT YOUR JACKET INDOOR - part 1 - Maxis Content Recategorizers
JawusaSanta Claus Hat Converted For Females
Naksu123Sweater with skirt - full outfit for AF and TF!

Sims 3 entries
attunedPonderers Pond
C-chanWinter Knick-Knacks

Sims 4 entries
RayanStarFirst Winter Cottage - 4BR/4BA
artruiForestgreen Shade Awning
artruiSnow wall effect
artruiSnow wall effect 2
artruiSnow wall effect 3
artruiSnow wall effect 4
artruiSnow floor effect
artruiSnow floor effect 2
artruiSnow floor effect 3
artruiSnow floor effect 4
DeontaiTarget Australia Christmas Apparel 2015 Collection
SimmillerPre-Strung Tree of Lights Multicolour Recolours

Those who haven't receive a sticker yet(not in the queue) - post here. If we made a mistake of some sort - comment here,so we can edit it. Happy simming!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 3:23 AM
Oh boy! That IS a great theme! Can't wait to see the contributions *crosses fingers for Great Gatsby-things*

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Banned
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 11:47 AM
Ooh, if someone makes something related to Due South (if anyone knows what that was anymore), that would make my year.
Theorist
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 7:45 AM
As someone who hasn't watch TV or seen a movie in over 5 years and nothing in the books I read would be suitable, I doubt very much if I will be able to participate this month.
(Unless I can stretch the truth and say I got the idea for the LACK pink cars from a Barbie movie. )

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 8:23 AM
@Michelle ,you can do bodyshop recoloring and not to mention you build lots Don't let that sticker fly away that fast. There are many fun things that could be created,feel free to do something from 5 years ago
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 8:32 PM
So, if it's not too late, one can hope for Harry Potter or Hunger Games ...
:D

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 5:57 AM
Is this the part where my love for Pitch Perfect and my lack of being able to use anything is fulfilled? -fingers crossed for ts2-
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 11:18 PM
Yay motivation to finish those Pokemon wallpapers (Gave up because weird lines kept randomly showing up and I'm too lazy to troubleshoot things)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:41 AM
May it be a Flemish TV series? Like W817 or should it be international so that everyone recognises it?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:40 PM
As long as something like a link,picture,video or text etc. is provided to show and explain it it can be anything from anywhere!
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 7:10 PM
Does a movie camera make the entry? Cuz i have made one!!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 7:49 PM
@aaTmaHira This sounds pretty interesting and fits the theme,so can't wait to see it
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:18 PM
Can it be something like cupcakes of smurfs e.g. (I already made those so it's not going to be smurfs but something else, but it's the same idea)?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:14 PM
Yes,it can as long as it's been seen on tv/big screen etc.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:26 PM
Kind of in keeping with aaTmaHira, can other elements of the production process for film be included too? I'm putting together a broadcast network affiliate lot (which I'll upload eventually regardless of whether it fits with this contest or not), and while it's absolutely TV-themed, it's not one that's ever actually been on TV!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
Yes,it can as long as it's been seen on tv/big screen etc.

The characters (like the smurfs) have been seen. But not the actual cupcakes.
But I'll make them anyway.

Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:43 PM
I know this isn't technically from a TV show/book/movie, but I've been looking for a reason to create characters from Nancy Drew games. Would they count, or no?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cottoncandyfaery
I know this isn't technically from a TV show/book/movie...

Haven't you read the books? I've got the complete original series (as well as the PC games LOL!)
And, there was a ND (with the Hardy Boys) TV show back in the 80's. So - YES!!!
I love Nancy... just sayin'
I've already got her and the gang in my game - but, I can't wait to see how you make her/them.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Haven't you read the books? I've got the complete original series (as well as the PC games LOL!)
And, there was a ND (with the Hardy Boys) TV show back in the 80's. So - YES!!!
I love Nancy... just sayin'
I've already got her and the gang in my game - but, I can't wait to see how you make her/them.

I have read a good number of the books. It was a long time ago, but I did. I asked about game characters because I'm more readily familiar with them (and there's a dress in Movie Stuff that's begging to be used for Charlotte from Ghost of Thornton Hall).
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:31 PM
I might actually take part in my first ever monthly theme. I've already been working on recreating 221B Baker Street from BBC's Sherlock in the Sims 2, just for my own use. If it's any good I'll upload it for this theme.
Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this month from others
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:57 PM
Hello, I only have one question.

If we are using custom content, do we need to link it to the original creator?

EDIT: Don't reply.. I feel like an idiot.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:23 PM
Yes,as per site rules. See upload guidelines for more help
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
Yes,as per site rules. See upload guidelines for more help

Hello, I'm sorry for constantly asking questions.. but I didn't find any help on where to post my contest entry?
Thanks for any help in advance!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 6:39 PM
@Misskinny it's an upload,you upload to queue,with the search tag for the current theme. Once the upload is approved within the time frame,you receive a participation sticker. See the full rules above and if you still have questions - pm me.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:32 PM
Once my entry lets me fix it (I forgot the comparison photo x.x) I'll be adding in my Sim. Heheh...I had it in a folder but I put it in the wrong one...*sweatdrop* Hopefully it'll go through the files soon enough for them to say it needs fixed so it can qualify!
Page 1 of 2