Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 4:50 AM
Hello! I had donated yesterday, but I forgot to put my name in. I didn't realize I could until after I clicked to pay and was looking at the screen as it was loading the next page. Is there anyway to fix that? I just use paypal too much and click through it. >.>
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 4:57 AM
Default Well worth the donation!
I love to donate to this site, this is the best and most used site by me.
I made this my home page.

Although I have cut down my downloads 'cause I reach 12,000 CC's.

Just wondering if the profile and uploads pages will update soon for teen style and the new EP freetime?

ClicknPsycho
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#103 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 9:24 AM
wes - we never said the ads were to anything worth clicking on .

*goes back to being non-constructive somewhere else*

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#104 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 9:46 AM
wes, it's done that way becuase of the way the navbar is constructed - if you'll notice the MTS2 logo in the left also does this, and has done since I redesigned the page.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#105 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 2:12 PM
Congratulations! MTS2 is very close to goal!

I love this site. Tryed to donate twice but wasn't successful without much explanation from PayPal. Credit is OK and I recently used it without problem ...

I didn't see any Help link to contact Paypal. I will try one more time.

My game wouldn't be the same without MTS2.

Thank you MTS2! Big thanks to all Creators!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#106 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:09 PM
I just want to say a big thanks to everybody who donated - you should all have your little hearts now. We reached the goal in only 3 and a half days which is very impressive!

Thank you!

Test Subject
#107 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:09 PM
Glad to see people pitched in to keep the site going. MTS2 makes the game worth playing.
Scholar
#108 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:32 PM
Yes it's done and it's a great news !!! Bravo !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#109 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:31 PM
Hello, I'm a new member but I spent so much time on this site!
I think it's a great site, it's the best one about the sims 2. That's why I donated, I'll definitely keep on supporting MTS2!

I want to thank everyone (Delphy, the creators, etc etc...) who worked and works on MTS2 for bringing us such a great site, for all the cool stuff we find here!

Btw, I also think that the Sims 2 is going to remain very popular even after the release of the Sims 3. I don't think many people will be immediately able to match the system requirements.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:32 PM
Congratulations!
So MTS2 won't disappear for a while?
I love little heart. Very cute^o^
Test Subject
#111 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 4:31 PM
*Sigh*

It was a pretty good run, even though I never even got to make a full family tree in any family because I get bored to easily. I know I should've donated money, but I couldn't trust the credit card companies to shine my shoes...

On a side note, there may not even be a Sims 3 for a few more years. EA's biggest Will Wright-related projects are an online SimCity and Spore, which, in my honest opinion, will be a breakaway for the better.
Test Subject
#112 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 4:56 PM
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but there's something wrong with the takeover ad.

I think it has something to do with the virus i have, but still. When the takeover ad comes on, the page just flashes and makes clicky noises (techincal term ) but when i click "click here to continue" it doesn't let me, it just flashes and clicks more. The only way I got onto here was by getting my friend to send me a link. But i can't get on the downloads page because of the ad.

Help!
Test Subject
#113 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 8:53 PM
I was happy to donate - this is one of the best sites ever Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 9:38 PM
How much money did the site receive, thus far, toward the goal?
Test Subject
#115 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 10:36 PM
compaq2424: I apologize if you are children, however if you are an adult (18 +), could you please use a language we can all understand other than misplaced rage and ambiguous abbreviations? All of us are concerned about MTS2and its potential closing, free content, and the game we love. Remember, this is and has been a valuable and generous resource. But! All of us need to remember that the creators, managers and founders of the site don't need whiners.

Go out and create something to contribute or quit griping about having to help support the costs, a whopping 5 bucks. If you ain't got the cash, make something great and upload it for all of us, just like lots of other very generous and creative people do from all over the world.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Test Subject
#116 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyx Skye
Hello! I had donated yesterday, but I forgot to put my name in. I didn't realize I could until after I clicked to pay and was looking at the screen as it was loading the next page. Is there anyway to fix that? I just use paypal too much and click through it. >.>

I had that same problem too, but I pm'd Delphy about it, I was so annoyed after because of my being to clicky quick lol.

I still got the banner afterwards of course, but I never got a little heart, but as long as MTS2 stays for awhile I am happy
Alchemist
#117 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
you should all have your little hearts now.

I never saw my heart from the first server drive... but that didn't stop me from donating again this time.

Still, I would like to see it there...

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:29 PM
Delphy... Retired? What's the world coming to?

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Instructor
#119 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
I just want to say a big thanks to everybody who donated - you should all have your little hearts now. We reached the goal in only 3 and a half days which is very impressive!

Thank you!

I donated and never got a heart.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#120 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:56 AM
cheapie if you can't post constructively, don't post at all.

migamoo, wes, anybody else: I fixed an error in the updatesingledonaters script so you should have hearts now.

Field Researcher
#121 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:03 PM
Well, guess what? I've *hated* Paypal for years, but I went and donated (am a subscriber now, actually) because it's the least I can do to express my thanks for the wonderful people here and their amazing items and fine tutorials.

Also, if Sims3 is anything like Good Riddance... er, Bon Voyage, *lol* ... I'll pass, and content myself with learning how to create Sims2 content. (For example, I think the potential for binning has only been touched on.) I for one think this game has years of life in it! Go, MTS2!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 3:13 PM
gbreez: I made a donation too and haven't got the icon either, maybe until the next maintenance will appear but as you've said: it's not the icon neither the ads, it's to keep this site running as long as possible
Hope more users will donate even if there isn't a donation drive.
Thanks to all (staff, creators, tutors) for making this great site :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#123 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 11:58 PM
If you did donate and did not get a heart icon, please send details of the paypal transaction to Delphy - he can verify the transaction and set things right on site. Just be patient once you've written to him, it might take him a few days to get to it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:50 AM
Thanks Tiggerypum, I'll do that. I'm more concerned about the donation didn't get to MTS than for the icon itself. I'll send Delphy my confirmation e-mail so we can check that out
Scholar
#125 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:25 PM
Lol DawnKeeper ! Lol shot !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Page 5 of 6