Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 9:40 PM
Default CAW Is Adding Trees On It's Own (!) HELP!
Here is a new one for me. (!) CAW is dropping trees on its own. I have been working on this world for about a year so know it well. It is almost done. I replaced some roads and noticed one of the huge trees now was right in the middle of a road. Deleted it. I also saw one between 2 lots and was able to delete it. Am testing now and had a stuck sim notice in some apartments. Went to look and there is a tree there and in the house next door. I definitely did NOT place these trees.

Hope I have before versions of these lots in an older save. And I am worried about how many other places this was done?

Bad before pic I have.
Any ideas why CAW is now doing this all of the sudden?

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 10:06 PM
I doubt that CAW is plopping trees down on its own, this really would be a first. Possible reasons for the tree mess that come to my mind:

- trees are clustered after saving, and it's more than easy to accidentally select the huge tree cluster (instead of, say the little rock right in front of your mouse) and move the cluster - and thus all trees in that cluster. Are all trees of that kind affected? Have they moved in a "parallel" way?

- certain plants can be replaced by other trees by CAW if the original plant is no longer available (like, after you have removed cc or changed with which EP/SP you start the game).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:13 PM Last edited by daisylee : 31st Aug 2017 at 2:11 AM.
Let me go into CAW and see if I can look. But I am pretty darn sure I did not move a cluster. But let me play a bit and see if I can figure out more and will get back to you. Thank you for the reply.

edit: I was back in CAW and it is very strange. I don't think I moved a cluster as would have seen that and have never done that in my CAW work in the past. Also, it seems like many more trees would be in the wrong place and I just spotted the 3 on the lots that are really in the wrong place.

Bulldozed the lots, trees were gone with them, then placed lots, and bingo trees were back! I think there are gremlins playing tricks on me. So far have fixed the 2 houses but cannot replace the apartments. Will keep at it a bit more tonight, maybe.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 3:15 AM
Sent you an email but I agree with Vincent T. This happened to me when I pulled something (store flowers) out and they were all replaced by big trees! Once or twice, for some reason, some of my store content (Roaring Heights rabbit holes) just didn't load into CAW / EIG. So, I exited without saving, re-loaded the neighborhood into CAW, and the rabbit holes were back. I wonder if something similar has happened to your neighborhood. As a drastic last resort, you might consider backing everything up, and re-installing your store content and/or expansion/stuff packs and/or CAW to get back whatever has disappeared and is being replaced.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 7:10 AM
I've had a bug where a tree or plant would be deposited in the dead centre of my world each time I placed trees or plants. If that lot is at grid zero, this could be the cause! Any trees not clustered will auto cluster on saving, anyway.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 8:26 AM Last edited by daisylee : 31st Aug 2017 at 12:36 PM.
???? It is a mystery. When I purposely moved that cluster to test it was so obvious the whole cluster was moving, that I cannot imagine having done that. I have no CC in the game at the moment other than Nraas mods for testing, As of the moment the 2 bad houses are back. So far the apartment keeps giving me a save game failure. If all I lose with this is that one lot, it will not be too bad.

Hope to be back having fun again soon.

edit: managed to save the apt lot so just have one totally borked lot in this hood at the moment. Will post more tomorrow as too tired now. Um, later today.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 2:40 PM
I've managed to place trees in odd places...accidently...When you double click to put a tree on your cursor, after placing, another tree will be on the cursor. If you don't hit the escape button to drop it, it remains on the cursor to be placed accidently. Perhaps this is what happened? Just a guess on my part.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 10:59 PM Last edited by daisylee : 31st Aug 2017 at 11:45 PM.
That makes sense if the tree is not placed on a lot, but these are on lots. Totally odd.

I also have one lot that is just nuts. The values have a negative for the contents, sims placed there at the start of the game to be the played family drop way up a hill far away on a street where the lot is not. The lot is down on the beach along with 3 other beach houses. The school bus came in that same spot instead of at the closest road. So the teen did not go there. Checked the lot front. Have bulldozed and replaced the house at least 3 times. Have nuked the lot in CAW and replaced the house. Have nuked the lot in CAW and built just a foundation in the game and tossed on some furniture. Same thing. I finally placed a different lot elsewhere in CAW and want to try the house there. If the house works there it will show a lot in that location is the issue and not the house. Shall see.

Here is a pic. Sim is up in hills on culdesac. Problem child lot when just tossed on some things is down on beach. Can place sims in the other beach houses fine including the one even farther away. There is a road at the beach level that sims use from the other houses, just not this one for some reason.

edit: the house does not work elsewhere and the location does not work for anything. Will lose a fave house I think and prime location for a lot, but so be it.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 10:39 AM
I wonder if the sims drop on that street because there is no road to that beach house? It's a routing issue, perhaps? Once again, I'm just guessing as I'm not a Caw expert. I remember there were a few routing issues when I played this world.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 6:29 PM
For the problem about the sims being at the top of the hill:
-Which direction is the lot facing? Make sure front of lot is on the sand side.
-Can you show us the routing around that lot? Might be that there is not enough clear space in front of the lot- I'm noticing rocks and trees nearby.

For the lot value problem:
-What is the price of the base lot? Does it have a negative value by any chance?
-Do you have hidden room markers in there anywhere or level skip markers? I noticed that these can play with the lot value.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 7:46 AM
That one lot/house is driving me nuts!!!!! I have checked and redone the front of the lot at least 3 times. The routing is absolutely fine. There are no markers on the lot. Sims land properly in the other beach shacks so no road is not an issue for them. And in the other ones the bus and taxis and so on will come to the road at the lower level and not up the hill.

I will try with moving those trees and rocks just to test. Also, I wondered at one point if there was a problem if a lot was placed over a wave marker. I need Sherlock Holmes to solve this.

Thank you for the replies and I will keep checking.

I will check the lot value in CAW. I did not place these lots originally and should check that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:09 AM
If you can post a picture of the routing, we could take a look.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:08 PM
Assuming that this is still the same as in the version you gave me for testing I had a look at the routing in CAW but couldn't find any issues (except for the usual, but nothing that would explain this behaviour). To me it seems that there is just not enough space to place anyone directly in front of the lot, even if it looks like it. Not sure why not. After I added some more space to that little terrace it just worked fine.

The problem with the schoolbus remained but this happened at the other lots, too. It seems like this is regular game behaviour - the game would calculate the closest road for the schoolbus - linear distance.

As for the strange price, after selling the boat everything was fine again with the prices. Don't know either why. Maybe the boat was bought with some mod/cheat? Or the lot was de-valuated with NRAAS?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 5:51 AM
Thank you for the additional input. I have finally pretty much given up on that location and have placed a warning that the bus will not come to the lower road. As said, maybe the game uses linear for the bus but not the cars and taxis and bikes for some reason? This IS Sims so we know it is quirky. At least the students will bike to the bus, so that is good news.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Here is a new one for me. (!) CAW is dropping trees on its own. I have been working on this world for about a year so know it well. It is almost done. I replaced some roads and noticed one of the huge trees now was right in the middle of a road. Deleted it. I also saw one between 2 lots and was able to delete it. Am testing now and had a stuck sim notice in some apartments. Went to look and there is a tree there and in the house next door. I definitely did NOT place these trees.

Hope I have before versions of these lots in an older save. And I am worried about how many other places this was done?

Bad before pic I have.
Any ideas why CAW is now doing this all of the sudden?

I have no idea how to help but I have to say I love the look of this world, those houses are adorable, is the world Redwood Harbor? If so you must make them for mysimreality!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:08 AM
Thank you. Yes, I got an OK from MySimRealty to use Redwood Harbor and redo it and release it. I have done major changes in including adding more islands, etc. I hope to get it finally done soon.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Thank you. Yes, I got an OK from MySimRealty to use Redwood Harbor and redo it and release it. I have done major changes in including adding more islands, etc. I hope to get it finally done soon.

Thats awesome! Hope it all goes well