Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:52 AM
CAW won't launch EIG?
So, about some time ago, everything worked fine as, and suddenly, a few days ago when I tried to go to EIG, CAW just reloads my world and then nothing happens. It just won't launch EIG anymore. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th May 2013 at 12:39 PM
Can you open EIG in a new, empty world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2013 at 12:41 PM
Nope, it does the same thing to a new world too.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th May 2013 at 1:00 PM
You could check out AuntieLynds post here. That may be of help if you have a lot of stuff in your DCCache folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:23 PM
All the files I have in my DCCache folder:
dcc.ent
dcdb0.dbc
dcdb0.ebc
dcdb1.ebc
missingdeps.idx
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:39 AM
You need to check the total size - if it's over a 1GB it might be part of your problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:42 PM
The total size of the files is 69,9MB.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th May 2013 at 11:43 PM
Hmm, that's probably not it then. I'd suggest removing any recent mods or CC you added, and see if that helps. Also make sure that you don't have any sims 3 files open in any other program. If you've tried a factory reset, or reinstalling CAW, then I'm all out of ideas. I'll leave it up to someone more capable to answer.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:51 AM
At the top of this caw section is a list of things to check. You can also try the LAA trick. I often minimize both CAW and EIG as it loads. Less work for my comp.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:16 AM
After the last patch, I had a few files that hung up the system. They only slowed the loading of the full game for regular play, but completely killed EIG. This was probably a rare issue, but if the other options don't locate the problem, give Process Monitor a whirl.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:31 AM
The exact same thing is happening to me, I've been searching the net for days trying to find some info on it. This is the first thread I've seen where someone is actually having the same problem as me. It looks like its going to work then it just reloads the world like nothing has happened. I've tried every single fix mentioned so far and still no luck. i know you can install your world and do editing from the actual game but it seems like a hassle to have to go back and forth and I'm sure I'd have to at least once.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:56 AM
I tried many things and still no luck.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:47 PM
Have you tried pulling your entire Sims3 folder out of your Documents? It will generate a new, clean folder. Make a copy of your world to test going into EIG, or use one of your backups as any installed content you've used in the world will drop out.
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:56 AM
Yep, still no luck :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jun 2013 at 8:51 PM
Same here. :/
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 1:26 AM Last edited by aminovas : 28th Jun 2013 at 4:11 PM.
Others are posting on this issue, I hadn't seen this post... http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=503474 .

Edit: I solved this issue for myself by installing a different version of the base game available for DD on Origin associated with a non-bundled pre-2012 version of the base game. More details at link above.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 12:24 PM
Nothing's working out.