Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10751 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 1:09 AM Last edited by igazor : 12th Nov 2019 at 8:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Spamaccount
Meanwhile I'm also beginning to suspect that either Overwatch or ErrorTrap have some unintended interactions with the Uni world.

"Uni World: Where the Unintended Happens Every Sim Day" should have been its tagline. But feel free to approach us on a different thread or, even better, at NRaas if we can be of assistance there. I've never had any trouble with those mods in Uni World although I sure have to work with StoryProgression a lot to get things to move forward there in the ways that I want them to.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#10752 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Spamaccount : 24th Sep 2017 at 4:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
"Uni Word: Where the Unintended Happens Every Sim Day" should have been its tagline. But feel free to approach us on a different thread or, even better, at NRaas if we can be of assistance there. I've never had any trouble with those mods in Uni World although I sure have to work with StoryProgression a lot to get things to move forward there in the ways that I want them to.

I've come to think that more than any other EP, Uni was so rushed it had no business being released in the state it was and, thanks to to how quickly the team had to move on to ITF/TS4, is still in. That said, once I can look into things some more I'll definitely swing by NRAAS and try to see what's going on. I remember that I still have another file I need to ask around there about whenever I can stomach looking at it again.
Mad Poster
#10753 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:53 AM
If we're going to rank the EPs in order of "What the heck were they thinking releasing things this way?!" as a metric, I would have to say that Generations wins the prize. Not that I would want to get rid of it as it does have redeeming value, but it's also one bugged out, unnecessary scenario after another and almost just barely enough content to even warrant being called an EP (compared to the other ten). This is ancient history now and a little before my time, but as I understand it the development of Pets was experiencing delays so EA rushed Generations forward before it was fully baked just to get something to market.

Not that any of that helps Uni World run any better, just making conversation in the meantime.
Lab Assistant
#10754 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If we're going to rank the EPs in order of "What the heck were they thinking releasing things this way?!" as a metric, I would have to say that Generations wins the prize. Not that I would want to get rid of it as it does have redeeming value, but it's also one bugged out, unnecessary scenario after another and almost just barely enough content to even warrant being called an EP (compared to the other ten). This is ancient history now and a little before my time, but as I understand it the development of Pets was experiencing delays so EA rushed Generations forward before it was fully baked just to get something to market.

Not that any of that helps Uni World run any better, just making conversation in the meantime.

Gotta agree with you on Generations. I'm glad I bought it with World Adventures instead of separate, because there's not much to it. I am thankful to have it because so many of the items I've gotten attached to (mostly the couches and chairs, oddly enough?) on using, but it does feel unfinished.

I'd give my opinion on Uni but I don't have it. ;w; I do think the world looks really nice though.
Mad Poster
#10755 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:55 PM
Generations just feels like a collection of stuff that potentially could've been in the base game, but wasn't for EA reasons. It's not a bad pack, but it's very disjointed and it's clearly not as well defined as a concept as the other packs.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#10756 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Generations just feels like a collection of stuff that potentially could've been in the base game, but wasn't for EA reasons. It's not a bad pack, but it's very disjointed and it's clearly not as well defined as a concept as the other packs.

Exacly! It's not bad, and it's one of those odd packs where it doesn't add much but it's not a terrible pack. It feels more like a mod collection tbh.

Although I'm one of those oddballs who likes the imaginary friends lol.
Mad Poster
#10757 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 11:25 PM
Today I encountered my first mummy in-game and learned that they are fickle.

I have never been much of a WA adventure player. My sims vacation in those worlds sometimes, go shopping, pick up new skills and make friends (or more) with the natives, etc., but I only half-heartedly send them into the tombs to look around and maybe collect some stuff. I got bored with the adventure quest chains too quickly years ago. Still playing the same game now, generations later, and I decided to do this up properly with my current household in Al Simhara. This is not my main legacy style household or even directly related to them, they are back home and comfortably wealthy by now. This one has led a rough life in and out of severe poverty for ages, so I thought it would be a treat for them to become adventurers and work though some of the adventure chains without getting carried away about it. So with collected relics including canopic jars coming out of their ears already, while helping themselves to the contents of chests in a room with an ominous looking sarcophagus, the mummy came out and started wandering around. He looked really happy, or at least as happy as a mummy can look, to be free for the moment even though I don't think I did anything directly to trigger this. I couldn't interact with him, so tried to ignore him. The mummy fixated on one of my sims, became his instant enemy, attacked him, and beat the crap out of him. That surprised me because the sim is Level 6 athlete skilled (older teen, almost a YA), but I guess that's not enough to "win" a first run-in like this.

But the entire scene was tempered by attraction hearts flying around the screen and the mummy proclaiming that they appreciate sims like mine who have worked hard on perfecting a craft (or some such Seasons patch related nonsense). To be fair, my sim is very attractive and charismatic. He befriends anyone he meets almost right away and has some finely honed seduction techniques already -- I know this doesn't really mean anything in this case, just kind of going along with it.

My sim passed out from his injuries, the mummy went back into the sarcophagus, my other sim on the scene is just standing there looking helpless, and that's where I saved and quit. What exactly am I supposed to make of this? Is there really no hope for an earlier than May-wayyy past December romance here?
Alchemist
#10758 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 11:44 PM
I learned (Or rather, just noticed, after years of not paying attention) that puppies/kittens/foals who learn new traits will retain those traits as permanent traits when they age up.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#10759 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:44 PM
igazor, when you next load up you may want to check if your attacked Sim has contracted the mummies curse or not.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#10760 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
igazor, when you next load up you may want to check if your attacked Sim has contracted the mummies curse or not.

Great, so he'll be all broken-hearted and about to die of the mummy's curse at the same time. What kind of abusive relationship did EA really have in mind here?

Just kidding, thanks but yes I know about the curse and what to do about it from reading the game guides. I was just having fun with the odd timing of the attraction hearts in the middle of the scene and was surprised that my sims couldn't interact with the mummy at all, but I guess the ones that aren't freed entirely from their sarcophagus are just there to guard things and aren't meant to be messed with.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10761 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 7:32 PM
I guess your Sim found the mummy stunning - in the most literal sense.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10762 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:38 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 26th Sep 2017 at 9:41 PM.
I just discovered that even the pigeons that fly around as an effect in all worlds are different in Midnight Hollow: they're pitch black.
Field Researcher
#10763 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 1:18 AM
Today I discovered (it might be old news, but I didn't know about it before today)...
We can add unhidden/uncharted islands from Isla Paradiso to other worlds via Edit Town.

Using cheats to unlock hidden islands, choose your favorite(s) and save a copy of the lot to your Library/Bin.
Place an empty lot in the water, at least the same size as the island, then add the copy. You can then edit the island any way you wish. If you rotate the lot, check for spawners that likely duplicated during rotation.
This will probably work with other small islands as well.

I did an in-game test after placing Plunder Cove in Sunset Valley:
My Sim had to be directed to the beach first, then I used 'Boat Here' to get her to the island. The action dropped from her queue when I tried to get her to the island directly from her home lot. It's possible that I put it further out in the ocean than I should have, I'll need to check on that.

Plunder Cove (64x64) IMO is the most low maintenance island with little or no sculpting required.

Cheats used, in-game Edit Town mode (need to be in a game with an active Sim, easy to start a game just to grab copies of the islands):
testingcheatsenabled true <enter>
discoverallunchartedislands <enter>

If you want to return the island to its hidden state, here's a link to nikel23's create a hidden island tutorial. At the end of the tutorial, nikel23 provided a download link for the required Uncharted Island Marker (awesome).
http://modthesims.info/t/506296

Same info, but with screenshots in my signature link.
Alchemist
#10764 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:04 PM
The Sunlight Charm gets rid of the "Mourning" moodlet.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#10765 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:35 AM
I discovered what raccoons dream about:

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#10766 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
The Sunlight Charm gets rid of the "Mourning" moodlet.

Then the "Stone hearted" lifetime reward is worthless if you become a level 8 Witch....

And steel bladder worthless at level 6.
Alchemist
#10767 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Then the "Stone hearted" lifetime reward is worthless if you become a level 8 Witch....

And steel bladder worthless at level 6.

Apparently, the Sunlight Charm can also cure the "Sore" moodlet sims get after the "Fatigued" one runs out. It doesn't quite get rid of it, replacing it with the "Fatigued" moodlet instead, which doesn't have any negative effects once it runs out!

Also, sims' Energy motive goes up during the graduation ceremony at uni.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#10768 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 10:50 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 6th Oct 2017 at 1:46 AM.
I discovered that when you can grab and delete distant terrain in Edit Town/World Editor, the edges around the world look like landscaping for an old train set (the kind on a platform, assembled mostly for the Christmas holiday).

I was poking around the University world converted to a home world and the highways in and out of town caught my eye. I can grab the overhead highway signs, what happens if I try to grab the actual highway? Ooops!
Scholar
#10769 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee

OMG I needed this. I've only played isla paradiso once back when I was a baby simmer and I put subway stations on every island just so I could visit them "quicker" and walk around them for like 2 secs. This is a great discovery.
Field Researcher
#10770 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 1:48 AM Last edited by LeeAlee : 6th Oct 2017 at 8:56 AM.
Sweet baby jeezus, I never thought to add subway stations to IP. Thanks @pretenshus !

I learned that we can have default and default replacement worlds, both at the same time. Simply add the creators name at the beginning of the replacement .world file and add it to ...Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game Data > Shared > NonPackaged > Worlds.

This worked for me this morning when I downloaded a default replacement and learned the replacement would override the original world. I like having more options, so now I have both.
Scholar
#10771 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:33 PM

Here's a potato photo of the islands that can be saved, edited, and placed as lots in their own tiny world
Mad Poster
#10772 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus

Here's a potato photo of the islands that can be saved, edited, and placed as lots in their own tiny world

Realized just now that I probably thought of the idea to use lots to add islands or modify a world's coastline long before Island Paradise had it's island lots.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#10774 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:13 PM
I've always found it a pain that there has to be a 1-tile gap between lots, and that because of that the lot terrain always matches up with the world's terrain at the edges. If the 1-tile gap weren't a thing, they could've made it so that directly adjacent lots could join their terrain level rather than the world's, thus allowing islands or lakes larger than 64x64.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#10775 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I've always found it a pain that there has to be a 1-tile gap between lots, and that because of that the lot terrain always matches up with the world's terrain at the edges. If the 1-tile gap weren't a thing, they could've made it so that directly adjacent lots could join their terrain level rather than the world's, thus allowing islands or lakes larger than 64x64.

This. I've always wished that would be possible...
Page 431 of 490