Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 2:50 PM Last edited by GothLeather : 14th Aug 2005 at 12:05 AM.
Quick Sim Resurrection - (something awesome for the Curious types)
Well, the deal is, some days ago I was fooling around with the Tombstone of Life and Death; I discovered that I could add to my family sims that had already died, but would disappear displaying the "This sim has died on another lot" message. So, I decided to play a bit with the Tombstone's options, and suddenly... Voila! There she was! One of my dead sims, resurrected and without disappearing!

I tried doing the same thing over and over and always worked. The process I followed was:

1) Click on the Tombstone's option: Add Neighbor to Family, and click on the first name of your dead sim.

2) The sim would disappear, but after her face was removed from your family AND BEFORE she disappeared completely (Pause!) Click on "Add *sim's name* to family", or, if there are guests at your sims' home, click on "Add to family..." and select the dead sim's name.

3) The sim has disappeared from the lot and from your family faces, so now, what you have to do is just click on "Get Family Member..." and select the dead sim's name again.... and... There you have it! Your sim doesn't look like a ghost, but has come back to life! (at least for a while...)

NOTE: The effects of this trick will only last until you re-enter the lot. When you do so, the dead sim will look like a white ghost and will be performing the last action you ordered him/her to do. After he/she's finished, it will disappear, and you will have to repeat steps 2 and 3 to bring it back.

NOTE 2: The dead sim must NOT be lurking around your house as a ghost while you do this, or the method won't work.

So, what's the deal with this?

Well, unlike other ways of Sim resurrection (non-EP), this method doesn't remove the Dead Token from your sim's memories, so it would be like playing with a sim that's really dead!

I made an experiment where my dead sim, Arianna, got in love with another sim, built skill points, went to a community lot, talked to sims she had scared, and even tried to cry at her own grave.

The red ghost you can see here is Arianna, she died in a fire with her mother and her brother...

As you can see in this pic, she's very much of a ghost, and it's also a proof of the method, because the teen sim who's been scared, had already become an adult when I first used the trick.

When you bring sims back, they look like any other sim. To see the cool ghostly stuff, re-enter the lot......

To take pics like this...

Or this...

These "revived" sims won't have their relationships or skills gone even after disappearing again. Only what was before the dead token is gone, for the exception of memories, personality, and fitness. Though, everything will be gone if the sim dies again in its revived form. (so, they can have 2 tombstones)

Also, when you order a revived sim to cry at his own grave, he'll act indiferently, as with an unknown sim; but, another sim who gets in love with him after the revival, WILL cry instead of just sighing. Don't worry, this doesn't cause any crashes.

The only disadvantage of this trick is that you'll have to repeat it everytime you want to have your sim back or to take another snapshot. Maybe this is better if you're like me and like to have a Cinderella-like sim story where the sim goes back to dead at a certain time? (Maybe this could be useful to make a cool hack!!)

BTW, sorry if this thread isn't in the right section, it's just that I couldnt find a more specific place where to start it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 3:44 PM
That is magnificently awesome. Storywise- it opens a whole lot of possibilities. Thank you for sharing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 4:24 AM
Feel free to post any problems you may have while doing the trick, so we can test this method on various game versions.

Also, don't forget to put your ideas on how you will use this on storytelling
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 10:14 PM
I can't find any problems...

Story Ideas:
1) Ala "Ghost"-- you know that movie with Demi Moore. It could be very romantic.
2) And of course, ala "Charmed"-- bring back the dead or summoning the devil/dead/ or other worldly beings.
3) Very useful for fortune teller, witch, astral type of sims.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 10:28 PM
^ twobey .. I love Patrick Swayze in ghost.. heh .. lol

im not obsessed .. o_0
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 9:24 PM
This sounds like fun! I just have one problem......where or how do I get the Tombstone of Life and Death?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 2:33 AM
You have to press Shift+Ctrl+C (in the neighborhood view) to open the cheat console, and type in:

boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true

Then, enter to your lot, and Shift+Click your sim, and various options will appear. Go to Spawn, and then click on Tombstone of L and D.

When you activate this cheat, you enter to the game's debugging mode; it's recommendable to use this only to get the Tombstone, since it can be dangerous to play with it enabled, because the game displays error messages, that when pressing the incorrect button, may delete your sim, and can also get you stuck in the game without being able to save or exit.

So, to disable that mode, you can either restart the game (preferably) or type in the cheat console:

boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled false
Inventor
#8 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 9:21 PM
LMAO! This is great!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 9:30 PM
Wow I just passed by this and I thought this was a fantastic write up. I've never played with such a cheat, but I was curious. After they've been resurrected, do they still days left (i.e. if they died before they should) or are they forever in this semi-transparent state?
Inventor
#10 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 10:21 PM
Daysies, here is the info you need:

Quote:
NOTE: The effects of this trick will only last until you re-enter the lot. When you do so, the dead sim will look like a white ghost and will be performing the last action you ordered him/her to do. After he/she's finished, it will disappear, and you will have to repeat steps 2 and 3 to bring it back.

And congradulations on your new post as administrator!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 4:53 AM Last edited by GothLeather : 17th Aug 2005 at 4:58 AM.
Yeah, just as like what the quote above here says, you'll have your sim back as long as you reenter the lot, but it will look like any other sim when you have him/her "alive". To see your sim in its transparent appearance, re-enter the lot, though, it will disappear after quitting his/her task. (And then the "This sim has died on another lot" message will be displayed again.)

I think it's useful to use this cheat if you're into storyline making, and also, for example, for taking cool pictures that could fit your sim story, or even for making tv program movies.