Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 1:19 AM
A Pleasant View -- Chapter 25:The Storm that followed the calm
Chapter one: Pleasantview

Lucy Burb angrily played her violin as her mother stared warily at her. She wasn’t feeling much up to asking her to leave, so she just endured it,
simply closing her eyes to avoid it.

“Look Lucy,” her mom began, “it’s not as if you won't make new friends here.” Jennifer hated how her voice sounded condescending. She really was not trying to make this situation much harder on her teenage daughter.

Lucy continued to play her violin, ignoring Jennifer. This was not an argument she wanted to go through again, especially not since it seemed impossible to get her very strict mother to understand that she had no real friends. It was not that that bothered her. Instead, it was the fact that the move had taken her from a high school she had actually enjoyed being in.

Jennifer shrugged, not knowing what to say to her silent daughter. She loved listening to her play her violin beautifully but it seemed that once she had hit her sixteenth birthday, she had become the most difficult person to deal with. Gone were the days where she’d tumble through the front door, give Jennifer a kiss on the cheek, and report her daily activities at school. Gone were the days where they stayed up swapping secrets and having late night snacks. She was so secretive these days about almost everything. Jennifer withheld a sigh, but felt a heavy weight settle upon her chest. She wasn’t a bad mother, she made this move because her brother, Daniel Pleasant, had told her about this wonderful neighborhood. She knew it wouldn’t be long before the city life took a toll on her family. The decision to move to Pleasantview was the best she could have made.

Then why do I feel so bad? She wondered.

“Lucy, you’re going to have to talk to me. Especially since I plan on inviting your uncle over for dinner. It is going to be our first night in this new house and I thought it’d be nice if he told us some more about this neighborhood, don’t you agree?” Again she was met by silence.

“Okay, I give up, if you want to be stubborn about this, you can go right ahead. I’m done for today.” She started walking away from her daughter, then stopped. “If you want to join us for dinner, you are more than welcome,” she said over her shoulder. “But don’t you bring that attitude with you.” With that said, she walked away.

Lucy continued to play her violin while staring off into space angrily. She hated making her mother fight her for everything, but it wasn’t the same anymore. She felt like there were too many boundaries set for her. What did her mother know anyway? It wasn’t as if she had to worry about finding friends with same interests or a person at least that was actually interested in her that she actually liked, let alone enjoying the high school she had been forcefully transferred into.

All her mother did all day was make stupid plates, she fumed, wondering how she was so different from both her parents.

Jennifer trudged down the stairs. It wasn’t as though she were trying to make life hard for her daughter on purpose.
She wished she’d known how much of a rift this would cause between them.

‘And what if I had known?’ She asked herself silently. ‘Would it have made a difference? Would I have continued to wait and see
what kind of an affect the city would have on my very influential daughter?’

“I’m guessing things didn’t go too well up there,” Her husband’s voice snapped her back to reality.
She didn't realize she had reached the bottom of the staircase and was just standing there.

She walked to over to where John was sitting, typing away furiously at the computer and stood directly behind him.

“I don’t know what to do,” she sighed. “I feel like she’s just declared war and I’m the enemy.”

“She’s a teenager love,” he said as he continued to type. “Are you telling me when your parents did something you weren’t too fond of, you made it that much easier for them?” He chuckled.

“No, I guess not. But she isn’t angry with you, I’m the only one getting this kind of treatment.” She hated how her voice sounded so defeated. “Does she hate me? Am I a bad mother?” Her voice caught on the word hate and she held back a sob.

“Aww love, no” John got up and hugged his wife. “You’re just a mother of a teenager.”

“Stop saying teenager like it explains everything.” She cried.

“Well its true. Only teens go through this very rebellious stage. And the only reason she isn’t angry with me is because she never had that special bond with me.” He said comforting his wife.

“What does that have to do with anything?” She sniffled.

“Hmm,” he tried to think of a good way to explain it to his overly sensitive wife. “She trusted you to understand her the most because she shared that special mother-daughter bond with you. When you made the decision to move here and rip her away from whatever it was she clearly enjoyed in the city, it was like you stopped understanding her.” He grimaced; not knowing if she understood. “Does that make sense to you?”

She nodded. “I understand, I’m the mother of a teenager.” She said quietly.

They both looked at each other and burst out laughing.

“I told you!” He grinned from ear to ear and stroked her cheek. “You’re not a bad mom, you’re just experiencing the lovely stages of a teenager.”

Jennifer smiled at him, enjoying his affectionate caresses. “I love you, John. You always do make me feel better.” She sighed happily. “You think she’ll ever be that sweet little girl we once knew?”

“Hah!” He guffawed. “Yeah right, I think its just turbulent sailing from now on. We still have yet to experience the ‘I want independence’ stage of her life.”

She made a face but said nothing. Truth was, she just missed her little girl. Looking at John, she broke out into a smile again. She felt lucky to have a husband who helped pull her through these moments. It was always like he knew the right things to say to get her back to her normal blood pressure. She enjoyed the fact that he was a writer because it mostly meant having him home with her and that meant a more stable version of herself.

John studied his wife’s face wondering what she was thinking about. “How about you go call that wonderful brother of yours and invite him and his family over dinner tonight like you originally planned to.” He suggested, gently nudging her to get her attention.

“Oh right,” she said more to herself than to him. “I was supposed to call Daniel.”

John walked away as she picked up the phone. “Tell him to leave his drama at home, this is just supposed to be a nice family get together dinner,” he said over his shoulder. “Not a trashy episode of the Jerry Simmer show.”

Jennifer rolled her eyes in exasperation and dialed her brother’s number. Sure, he was a pain with all the complaining he did about his wife and one black sheep of a daughter. But didn’t everyone have problems? Anyway, she thought, he was bound to patch things up with her in no time.

“Hello, Daniel?”…
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 4:13 PM
Chapter two: Pleasant isnt always so pleasant

Daniel listened to his sister talk over the phone.

“Its great that you’re in Pleasantview, Jenny” he said smiling.

“I know, I know,” she blabbed into the phone, clearly excited. “I just wanted to invite you and the family over for dinner tonight.”

“Are you sure you can handle the company? Maybe you guys should rest and we-”

“Daniel,” Jennifer interrupted. “I want a family dinner tonight, please don’t say no.”

“Fine,” he sighed and listened to her babble on some more.

He was studying his nails when he heard the front door open and close. Kaylynn, the maid, walked by him and into the bedroom he shared with his wife. Daniel was no longer interested in hearing his sister talk about the move so he abruptly hung up on her, making an excuse about the cat being on fire.

He walked into the bedroom where Kaylynn was waiting. They stared at each other with longing until she broke the silence.

“You’re going to have to let me do my work around here sometime,” she teased him. “Otherwise, I’m pretty sure your wife will suspect something’s up.”

Mary-Sue was the last person on his mind as he grabbed Kaylynn and kissed her passionately. She returned his kiss with fervor as she held onto him tightly. He groaned, unable to contain himself. Images of a happier Mary-Sue raced through his head. He remembered how passionate she was until she got the job of her dreams. After that, he was lucky if he even got to see her for longer than an hour a day. He was still very in love with Mary-Sue but he’d no longer admit it. He realized that in life you went after what you wanted, and right now, he wanted Kaylynn.

Kaylynn was the first to pull away and look into his adoring eyes. She had lived all her life hoping to find love and when she did find it, it happened to be with a married man. She was wary of the situation before, but after having an affair with him for over a year, she began to see that he wasn’t lying about Mary-Sue being a cold fish towards him. She figured one day he would leave his wife for her, so having an affair with him presently, wasn’t as bad as it sounded.

Daniel kissed Kaylynn again ravenously. He sometimes couldn’t get enough of her. Sure, she was young but that had nothing to do with why he was crazy about her. Truth told, it was the attention she fed him. Every morning when Mary-Sue was gone, Kaylynn would become his toy, willing to please him in anyway possible. Although he knew the reason for her attraction to him was that he was wealthy, he didn’t care. She wanted him. That’s all that mattered right now.

Half an hour later, they got up from bed with remorseful looks on their faces.

“We cant keep doing this, Daniel” Kaylynn said. “Especially not in the same bed you share with your wife.” She spat the last word bitterly.

“I know but-”

“I’m not interested in being caught cheating with you by your wife and then dealing with the drama this will bring on.” She said quietly, interrupting him.

“Kaylynn, I want-” he began again, only to be cut off by her once more.

“I don’t like the idea of being called a whore. It’s a small town, it wont be soon before word gets around.” Kaylynn narrowed her eyes at him. “And further more-”

This time he cut her off.

“Kaylynn, will you move into this house and live with me?” He said quickly, almost shouting.

“You mean, become your live-in mistress?” She asked, tilting her head to the side and staring at him confused.

“Look, I know its not exactly typical, but unless if Mary-Sue is willing to divorce me, I have no other choice. She wont sign the papers, Kaylynn.” He pleaded for her to understand. “And I wont just give her the house like that, I wont just move out and let her think she’s won. If you move in with me, I’ll treat you as my wife. You’ll be the one I sleep with at night and hell, you’re even allowed to make important decisions around here. As far as I’m concerned, you’re my true wife.”

He was surprised when she put her arms around him and looked into his eyes with a smile playing on her lips.

“I will move in with you, Daniel.” Her eyes were twinkling. “On one condition…”

He grinned, “of course you’ll have an allowance and never have to work again.” He teased.

She leapt into his arms and squeezed him tightly. She couldn’t believe how lucky she was. Sure it wasn’t the most ethical thing to do, but who cared? She had just gotten her lucky ticket out of working and trying to make ends meet. When a rich man offers such a delicious position as this, who would be crazy enough to turn down the offer? She smiled deliriously as she thought of all the new things she could finally buy. Name brand clothes, have a car – or maybe a chauffer since she hated driving. Heck, she’d even hire another maid to clean the house since she no longer had to lift a finger. She suddenly thought of Mary-Sue and grimaced.

“Daniel?” She whispered against his neck. “What about Mary-Sue? Where will she sleep if I’m to sleep in the same bed as you? You say I’ll have the power to make decisions around here, what if she doesn’t recognize that?” She now felt worried about the decision she just made.

Daniel put her down carefully and kissed her gently.

“You let me worry about her, my love.” He caressed her face. “Why don’t you go home and get packed. Don’t worry about bringing to much, whatever you don’t really need, leave behind. You’ll have a new life here, and that means, new things. I will buy you everything you need to be happy. Just be here around eight at night.”

“What’s at eight?” She didn’t really care, but asked anyway.

“We’re going to a dinner at my sister’s house.” He smiled thoughtfully, anxious to see what everyone’s reaction would be. He couldn’t wait.

~

A couple of hours later, Kaylynn had left and Daniel was in the kitchen washing dishes when he heard the front door close. Looking at the clock, he knew that his daughters were probably home and so he called out both their names.

“Angela? Lilith? Would you two come to the kitchen, please?”

Lilith walked into the room. “Yeah, what can I do you for pops?”

He barely contained the urge to roll his eyes. “Where’s your sister?” he instead asked.

Lilith shrugged wondering why he thought she kept tabs on what her twin sister was doing. They both despised each other and could barely stand to be in the same room together.

“She must have some extra-curricular activities she must be attending.” He smiled proudly.

Angela was a straight-A student with only one goal in mind. Perfection. She wanted it all. The best grades for the best college, the best friends she could possibly find, and of course, to be a leader at everything. It wasn’t any surprise when she made captain of the cheerleading squad, nor when she got an acceptance letter to the best private school in town. Angela always excelled in whatever she put her mind to.

Right,” Lilith rolled her eyes. “Or…she might be with Dustin, teaching him what she learned in science class today on the human anatomy.” She snickered.

“Shut it, Lilith.” She knew which buttons to push. “Anyway, I just wanted to let you know not to try to sneak out tonight to do whatever it is god knows you do,” he sneered.

When she only raised her eyebrow, he rolled his eyes and continued. “Your aunt Jennifer just moved here with her family, and we’re having dinner with their family tonight. So try to stay in the house.” He narrowed his eyes at her to show her he was being serious this time.

Lilith didn’t notice his glare, she had already turned away and was walking away from him with a smile on her face. She loved her cousin, Lucy. When they were together, they were inseparable like the best of friends. It was a shame that Lucy lived so far before, or else she would have hung out with her everyday. Her parents were never too willing to drive into the city though, so she barely got to see her favorite cousin.

This is going to be fun, she thought happily. She was glad that she had asked Brandi, her employer, for a night off.

Mary-Sue stood outside, watching through the glass of the front door as her daughter walked away from the kitchen area and up the stairs. She sighed miserably. She didn’t know how she was going to approach her estranged husband with the news that she had been fired from her job. Squaring her shoulders bravely, she decided she might as well. It wasn’t as if there was anything on the line. Throughout the years at her dream job, her marriage had become a joke. With every promotion she received, was just another step to the downfall of her marriage. It even got to the point where Daniel refused to share the same bed with her. She would find him early in the morning as she got ready for work, sleeping on the couch. It really broke her heart. She didn’t know what to do but she didn’t think it was fair that he would act this way. She wondered why he couldn’t have been supportive.

“Look whose home early today,” Daniel sneered at her as soon as she entered the kitchen.

She crossed her arms over her chest angrily, “don’t start with me, Daniel.”

“Wow, Mary” he glared at her. “I really don’t know why you even bother coming home anymore. I mean really, you could just build a tent outside your office and live there.”

“Why does it have to be like this, Daniel?” She spat at him. “Why do you have to be a damn jerk?”

Yeah,” he ground out, “I’m the jerk, Mary. I’m the jerk that stays home and manages the family. I’m the freaking jerk who signs permission slips that his daughters bring home and make sure they’re doing well in school. I’m the damn jerk who gives a shit when his wife is completely ignoring her duties at home.” He yelled at her.

Meanwhile, upstairs in her room, Lilith sighed and sat up on her bed, staring blindly at her shoes. She couldn’t stand hearing them fight. If they weren’t ignoring each other, they were fighting. She didn’t understand why two people who were so miserable with each other just didn’t go ahead and get a divorce. It wasn’t as if their relationship was going to get any better at this point. She even knew about the affair her father was having with the house cleaner. Her mother was completely oblivious to this, and she wasn’t about to tell her. She’d already been branded the “black-sheep” of the family. She wasn’t about to give her mother another reason to hate her.

She got up and grabbed her guitar. It was the only thing that helped her block out the angry voices of her parents. She closed her eyes and let her music take her to another place, a place that gave her comfort. She strummed her heart out, not willing to stop, her mind completely relaxed and yet somehow excited. She felt the energy pumping through her veins as her fingers strummed away at her guitar strings. She could feel her dream of becoming a rocker coming true…so true….

RING RING

Her eyes snapped open. “What the hell?” she was slightly disoriented.

RING RING

She glared angrily through her open door and into Angela’s room. Putting down her guitar, she stomped over to her sister’s room and picked up the phone.

“What!?” She snapped into the phone.

Angela’s voice answered, “What the hell are you doing in my room…?”
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:33 AM
Next update will be after I get AL -- In the meantime, if anyone has any feedback, it'd be greatly appreciated. =D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 9:56 AM
I like the story, And youre very good at writing. AAS you know. <3

I just feel that its a bit "boring" like it needs to stirr up. Maybe its cause im too blinded of my own drama story. I don't know, But thats just how i feel.

Yeah i got AL now too, so im toying with that. I'm home sick today so i might actually get something done on my story too. Sorry for my absence. Keep updating. I always read your stories anyways. <3
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 7:23 PM
LOL I know its a bit boring right now, but I figure I'm introducing the characters and laying out their storyline so everyone knows who they are and what they're about, ya know? I promise it'll get a little more "dramatic" soon.

Hope to see you update soon Neeri, missing reading that story of yours. =D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:20 AM
There are several stories about Pleasantview, but so far I like this one the most. You've done a great job of sticking with the Maxis backstories, and even taking it to the next level (like Kaylynn moving in!) in a very realistic way that flows with the way Maxis seemed to intend, and I like that. It's like seeing how the story is supposed to unfold. I'm looking forward to see what you've done with Angela, noone gets her personality right in my opinion (I thought she was just the sweet/ smart/ popular one, not a total slut and evil like everyone seems to always make her).
Anyway, I've enjoyed the story so far!

The best stories come from real life. Check out my Sim story at S2C:
Back To Love
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:23 AM
You're on the right path with this one I think. Keep it up because it's very intriguing!
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:21 AM
Chapter 3: The Broke and the Beautiful
“Actually never mind why you’re in my room,” Angela said into her cell phone. “Just tell me why you’re answering the phone, aren’t mom or dad home?

“Mom and dad are arguing,” her twin sister, Lilith said into the phone. “Do you want me to get one of them?”

“No, no, no” Angela said quickly, wanting to avoid talking to either parent after a fight. Usually, all they did was vent their problems to her and she really wanted to avoid it at all costs at the moment.

Angela looked over at her boyfriend, Dustin Broke, who was standing there watching her. She smiled at him.

“Can you tell mom something for me?” Angela asked while looking at Dustin. “Can you tell her that I’m going to have dinner with Dustin’s family tonight, please, please, please?

She felt dismayed when she heard her sister sigh.

“Oh please, Lilith, I’ll owe-” she started when Lilith cut her off.

“Listen, you’re not allowed to have plans tonight.”

“Says who?” She walked away from Dustin, almost yelling at her sister. “Listen, whatever your problem is, I don’t care. Just pass the message along.”

“Angela, holy shit, calm down. I’m not the one telling you that you cant, dad’s the one who said we can’t go out tonight. We’re having dinner with Aunt Jennifer. Her and her family just moved into Pleasantview and they want us over for dinner. Dad wants us all there.” Lilith reassured her.

“Oh,” Angela sighed. “Fine, whatever, I’ll be home tonight.” She ended her call, walking back over to Dustin she wrapped her arms around him.

“I can’t do dinner tonight with your family,” she sighed miserably, pouting a little. “I guess your mom’s not going to have a chance to meet after all, huh?”

“Hey, hey,” Dustin tried to comfort her. “Don’t worry about dinner, how about I just go in and tell my mom that I want her to come out here and meet the one girl whose been making me so happy lately?”

She smiled at him, “are you sure you want to introduce me to her? You think she’ll like me?”

“Smart, beautiful, and wonderfully sweet – what’s not to like?” He kissed her tenderly. “Just wait out here and I’ll go see if she’s in.” He started walking away, but stopped suddenly and looked back at her. “She’ll be crazy not to like you, baby.”

She smiled watching him go, wondering how anyone could think of him as trailer trash when he always acted like a gentlemen towards her.

Brandi Broke was on the couch, just turning off the TV when her eldest son walked in. She was waiting for one of her sons to come home so she could go to the bakery to meet her best friend. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw him, fearing before that both of her older sons Dustin and Beau, had made plans today to do something else other than baby-sit her youngest son, Bobby.

“Mom,” Dustin started before she had a chance to say anything. “I’m glad you’re home. I wanted you to meet someone today, someone very special to me.”

“Oh?” She was a bit surprised he was ready to introduce her to his girlfriend. Not that she hadn’t known he was dating Angela, the daughter or the second richest man in Pleasantview, twin sister of Lilith who worked night shifts at her bakery. She was surprised that he even wanted to bring her to his run down tiny living space.

“Mom, I really love her,” he said softly, breaking her out of her thoughts. “I really want you to meet her and love her as much as I do.”

She smiled weakly, stunned that her son was already feeling something as deep as love. She thought boys his age were running around, dating everything and anything that moved. For the last past months, Dustin turned from a no good bad boy into a kid who got into private school on a full paid scholarship. She had never been so proud of him.

“Dustin?” She got up and hugged him. “I’d be honored to meet the girl who convinced you to turn around and try to be something better than a street thug.” She kissed his forehead. “I’m sure she’ll be lovely.”

She let go of him and walked out the door, knowing full well her son was hot on her heels. She wasn’t surprised to see a preppy version of Lilith standing outside her door. Walking up to the pretty teen, she extended her hand.

Angela quickly shook her hand, wondering what Mrs. Broke thought of her.

“Hi, I’m Brandi Broke, Dustin’s mom.” Brandi smiled warmly at the girl.

“I’m A-A-Angela” she managed to stutter. “Pleased to meet you, Mrs. Broke.” She added in, wondering why she was making a fool of herself.

Brandi laughed, “oh love, don’t be scared. I don’t bite and please call me Brandi. Really, I’m not really into the whole Mrs title, especially since my husband passed away.” A sad smile played her lips.

“Oh my god, of course. I’m so sorry, I wasn’t thinking.” Angela almost smacked herself. What was wrong with her?

“It’s fine, lovely. I’m sorry I don’t have time to stay and chat more with you. I actually have to start heading over to my bakery.” Brandi apologized. “But please feel free to come inside and hang out with Dustin, I was actually just waiting for him to come home so I could head off. If you can, please stay for dinner.” With that Brandi walked away, heading back into the house.

“Oh…my…god,” Angela whined at Dustin. “I wouldn’t blame her if she hated me. I was like a duck who got his head chopped off and was just running around…headless.” She grimaced.

“Angela,” he was laughing. “Trust me, she’s not judging you. I’m sure she’s happy that I got lucky with someone as pretty as you. Anyway, she was a teenager before too, ya know. She’s told me about the nerve-wracking experience she went through when meeting my dad’s family. Its fine” he smiled at her, finding her too adorable at the moment.

A few minutes later, they were both on the couch, talking to each other when Brandi emerged from her room and hurried out the door.

“Don’t forget to help Bobby with his homework when he comes home,” she yelled at Dustin on her way out, “and also, tell Beau to take care of his damn kitten. I had to feed the poor thing today because there was no food in his bowl.”

“Okay,” he yelled back at her but she was already gone.

He looked over at Angela, who was staring at him. Both of them moved towards each other at the same time, grabbing at one another as their lips met in a rush. Before she knew it, Angela was down on the couch with Dustin on top of her, crushing her lips with his.

“Dustin, I love you,” she moaned as she grabbed him and pushed him upright, still kissing him passionately. She felt electricity sliding up and down her spine as his hand grazed her thigh.

Pulling her upright in his lap, Dustin hugged her tightly. “I love you too, Angela. And I’m not just saying it ‘cause you said it. I really do.”

She felt a lump in her throat as she tightened her arms around him, wanting the moment to never end. She felt like nothing in the world would ever make her feel as good as she felt right now.

“Dustin?” She whispered, pulling back to look into his eyes. “I hope we’re always this happy.”

“Why wouldn’t we be?” He whispered back.

“Just, because, you know how people are after marriage,” she stared into his eyes. “They change, they’re always angry with each other and threatened by each other’s successes. I don’t want us to be like that. I want you to always love me forever, the way you do now.” She gulped, feeling the lump in her throat grow larger. “Promise me you’ll love me like this forever?”

“I promise,” he looked into her eyes, amazed that he could feel so deeply for a person who only came into his life a year ago. “Promise me one thing too, then?”

“Anything,” she said, completely serious.

“Promise me that you’ll always look at me like that,” he whispered, “the way you’re looking at me right now, I want you to always look at me that way.”

“Oh Dustin, I promise,” she said and hugged him again. “Can we get into your bed and cuddle for a bit?” She asked, biting her lower lip nervously.

“Um..my bed isn’t big enough,” he said, clearly embarrassed. “But if you want, we can go cuddle on my mom’s bed. That is, it’s not too weird for you.”

She quickly agreed and they both ended up in Brandi’s room, both stripped to their under garments. Angela was the first to lie on the bed, waiting for Dustin to join. She was nervous wondering what would actually happen if she went all the way with Dustin. She had been thinking about it for a while now and knew that if she were to lose her virginity, she wanted it to be with Dustin.

“So…” she began when Dustin had joined her. “What now?”

He looked at her, “I guess… we can...fool around some?” He started to move towards her when the phone suddenly rang.

“Shit,” he cursed. “I have to get that, it could be my mom.” With that, he ran out of the room.

Walking into the living room, he grabbed the phone just as his brother had walked into the room.

“Hello?” he said into the phone, ignoring his brother’s chuckles.

“Hey Dusty, is your mom home?” asked the voice of Nina Caliente, his mother’s best friend.

Thank you for your comments: Neeri, Treena410, SuzyFaeryGirl. I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I promise there are only 4 more chapters of character introduction -- then after that, the Pleasantview drama will really begin. =D
#9 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:13 AM
I like. Classic ol' pleasanview. :3
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:32 AM
i'm really enjoying this :D
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:42 AM
Chapter 4: Life is Caliente

“Uh, she left the house a while ago,” Nina Caliente heard Dustin say into the phone. “She should be at the bakery.”

She raised her brow, “hmm, that’s strange. I’ve been at the bakery for half an hour now, and I still haven’t caught sight of her.” She was standing in front of the bakery entrance, tapping her foot impatiently.

“Oh…” Dustin murmured.

She was about to ask him where else Brandi might be, when suddenly Brandi walked up the steps of the bakery.

“Never mind kiddo, she’s here,” Nina said, shutting off her cell.

“Lady, you have got to wear a watch,” she teased as she hugged her best friend of four years.

“I know, I know,” Brandi rolled her eyes, “but this time I swear it was not my fault. The kids came home late and then I had to go through the whole “meeting my son’s girlfriend” awkward introduction thing…it’s just been a long day.” She let out a sigh.

“So,” her friend pressed, “what’s she like?”

Brandi suppressed the urge to giggle while she said with a straight face, “Like, oh my god, could he have found someone richer?”

“Pssht, you’re just mad that Remington isn’t rich as well.” Nina teased Brandi about her boyfriend. “Anyway, listen, I can’t help you from here, I actually need to go home to help Dina who’s apparently going to have a melt down if I don’t go home and help her choose her wedding dress. Want to come with?”

“Sure, lead the way,” She said as they started moving in the direction of Nina’s house. “Nina, when isn’t Dina about to have a nervous melt down?” She asked while walking.

“When she’s got more than a few hundreds in the bank,” Nina retorted.

A few minutes later, they were both at Nina and her sister’s house, watching Dina yell into the phone, cursing and spattering.

“I’ll be right back,” Nina whispered. “I’m just going to go change out of this dress.”

Brandi just stared at Dina with wide eyes, nodding absent-mindedly to Nina who had already begun walking away.

“LISTEN TO ME CAROL; I SAID I FREAKING WANTED YELLOW ROSES, NOT WHITE!” Dina screamed into the phone. She listened quietly for a moment before bellowing. “I’VE ALREADY BEEN MARRIED BEFORE; THIS IS NOT A PURITY CONTEST, LADY. I’M TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!” She screamed like a banshee before slamming the phone into its cradle in the wall.

“B*tch,” she muttered, staring at the floor.

Thinking it was safe, Brandi decided to get up and make some coffee. Just as she was pouring the coffee grinds into the coffee filter, Dina came up to her with a sneer on her face.

“Hey, I thought I asked my sister to take the trash out not bring some in,” she spat. “I don’t like trailer-trash in my house.”

Brandi ignored her, when suddenly a voice said from behind Dina, “leave her alone Dina, she’s my friend, and as of right now, I’m paying the bills in this house so I have just as much right to bring friends here as you do.”

Dina whirled around and found herself face-to-face with her sister, Nina. Rolling her eyes, she smiled at her. “Gosh, I was only kidding. Relax.”

Brandi, un-amused, stood there with her arms crossed around her chest, suppressing the urge to rip Dina’s fake over bright blonde hair from her head.

“Anyway,” Dina continued, “I’m so glad you came home, I need you to help me pick out my wedding dress. I’ve narrowed it down to three choices.” She was quiet for a second before she also added, “I need something that’s going to just wow Mortimer and make him realize that I’m the sexiest woman alive.”

“Fine, go change into the first dress and I’ll give you my opinion,” Nina sighed. She wondered what this constant need for attention with her sister was. It felt like from an early age, Dina had developed a need to be the center of attention. She really didn’t understand why, however. Both their parents had given them both undivided attention.

As her sister raced up the stairs and away from earshot, she looked over at Brandi who was pouring herself a cup of coffee.

“I am so freaking sorry about that. She can be a b*tch sometimes, I know. It’s nothing new.” She gave her a sympathetic look.

“Its fine, Nina,” Brandi said heading over to the table with her coffee cup in hand. “Its nothing I haven't endured before. And anyway, it is considered trailer trash to be living in the part of town that I’m living in.” She shrugged.

“Listen, you and Skipp had it hard back then. And anyway, the reason you asked me to come over to your bakery today was so that you could finally find a new place, isn’t it?”

Just as Brandi was about to answer, Dina came down the stairs, walking up to her sister.

“Well, how do you like this one?” She asked seriously. She knew how good she looked, but for the wedding, she wanted “sexy” rather than just “good”.

“It’s a bit too casual for me, sis.” Nina said sipping her coffee. “Try on the next one.”

Glaring at her sister for a moment, she turned on her heel sharply and walked away. Both Brandi and Nina heard her stomping angrily up the stairs.

Nina got up, got her portable computer, and brought it into the kitchen, plopping it down on the kitchen table.

“Okay, so from how much you told me you’ve saved up in the bank and the selling price of your current house, I have a few options for you.” Nina smiled when she heard Brandi’s sigh of relief.

Brandi felt lucky she had a friend who was in the real estate business. Knowing that if it hadn’t been for that fact, most real estate companies would’ve probably rejected her. Nobody thought a woman coming from the trailer trash part of town, was serious about getting a house, especially when they immediately assumed she was just dirt poor.

“Okay,” Nina said suddenly. “I just made an appointment for you to go see this house with me tomorrow. It’s really nice, and in your price range. It’s got three bedrooms.”

Brandi’s mouth fell open. “How on earth can I possibly afford a house that has three bedrooms?”

Nina winked at her best friend. “It’s called the perks of having a best friend in this line of business, darling.” She grinned.

At that point, Dina had returned wearing another dress cut far too sexy to be a wedding dress.

“Uh…” Nina started before her sister could say anything. “I can see the outline of your bra, geez Dina; you want to give the old geezer a heart attack before he even says, “I do?” It’s just a bit too much, sis.” She raised her brow. “You realize if he has a heart attack and dies before writing out his will along with his soul, over to you, you won’t be getting anything.”

“Hey,” Dina protested weakly, “that’s not why I’m marrying him.”

“Okay, sure honey,” Nina, said before fixing her eyes on the computer. “If that’s what you tell yourself so you can sleep easy at night, so be it from me to call you a liar. Go and change into the last one so I can give you my final judgment.”

Dina ground her teeth as she whirled around and ran up the stairs. Sure, she was marrying the guy for his money, but did her sister have to announce it to the whole world? She felt embarrassed, knowing that even Brandi Broke was judging her.

Changing into her final wedding gown, she walked over to her mirror before rushing downstairs to show her sister the gown. Staring at herself, she realized how drop dead gorgeous she was, how a man would be lucky to have her as his trophy wife.

Dina remembered that fateful night as she was out shopping, how she had met a witch who had changed her entire life.

“His death is a blessing,” she had hissed. “You will be rewarded for murdering him.”

Dina had stared at her with wide eyes, trying to move past her.

“You will meet your late husband’s married rich brother-in-law. His wife will be killed and you will become his fiancé. You will be the most rich and beautiful woman of Pleasantview. You will have it all my dear; I will make it true for you.” She whispered. “Just tell me that your soul is mine and I will make it all happen.”

Before Dina knew what was happening, she had given a witch ownership over her soul for the sake of wealth and fame. However, she came to regret it in time when nothing happened for a few years and over time, she forgot the encounter with the very scary witch.

Then, while at a very fancy restaurant, as she was getting ready to spend the last of the money Michael Bachelor, her late husband had left her after his death, Mortimer Goth came over and introduced himself to her.

After talking to her a bit, he offered to buy her dinner if she allowed him to dine with her. She agreed and within half an hour, after the dinner was over, he was on his knee, opening up a small velvet box before her eyes.

She had slipped the ring on, staring at it for what seemed like an eternity, when she realized he was still on the floor, staring at her adoringly.

She remembered screaming yes and hugging him with all her might. It was the beginning of a new life for her. A new life that she thought she wouldn’t have gotten had she not killed Michael. Mortimer Goth was married to Bella Goth whose sudden disappearance left him devastated. All of Pleasantview seemed to know about it, especially since the search for her body hit the town like a tornado. After a year, the search ended, and Mortimer Goth became known as the unattainable wealthy widower of Pleasantview.

Looking at herself now, she was amazed that soon she was going to become Mrs. Goth, if Mortimer ever finalized the plans for the wedding that was. What the old witch had predicted had come true. She was indeed his fiance...but that was it. She was only his fiance for the moment. She scowled. She hadn’t been able to get in touch with him for days; it was almost as if he was avoiding her.

Nina had gotten another cup of coffee and had just sat down on her chair, when her sister walked in. She inhaled sharply.

“Oh my god, Dina,” she felt the tears burning her eyes. “You look beautiful.”

Nina put down her coffee cup and stood up, hugging her sister. “You look like a million dollars in that gown.”

Dina pushed her away and shook her head. “No, no, no, I want sexiness, not beautiful. Thanks but no thanks for your help sis, but I think I know which dress I want to wear.”

Nina rolled her eyes and sat down. “Whatever, stop asking for my advice if you’re just going to ignore it anyway.”

Dina was about to snap back at her when suddenly the phone rang. Walking over to it, she picked it up and held it to her ear, hoping that it was Mortimer.

“Hello, Morty?”

“Where the hell is my father, you tramp?” Asked the furious voice of Alexander Goth.

Thank you: HyjaClinton and QueenofRad for your comments. Hope it’s not too boring. Heh.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 7:09 AM
I just love what you've done with the characters. I'm happy that the Brokes are getting a new house, and that Nina is cool, and not some mindless drone for her sister to manipulate.

Back To Love
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:48 AM
Chapter 5: The Gothliest place of all

Alexander Goth was livid when he heard Dina Caliente scream at him for calling her a tramp.

“Well, if the shoe fits might as well wear it, right?” he snapped at her. “Now put my father on the phone, I don’t want to waste my time hearing you screech.”

When he heard a large clatter, he realized she had hung up on him.

“God, you’d think if he was going to marry a woman half his age, he’d at least marry someone that wasn’t a stupid cow,” he muttered to himself.

Walking over to the living room, he looked at the fish swimming around in their tank. He leaned over and decided to feed them.

“You guys are my only friends now,” he said, watching them swim to the surface to gobble up their food. “Just don’t start dating stupid bimbos on me.”

“You really shouldn’t talk like that,” Cassandra’s voice said from behind him. She was sitting in front of the fireplace with a book in hand, her eyes flickering from left to right on the page.

He sighed and sat down in a chair near the sofa, watching his sister intently. “You realize because of that slut, he missed the biggest moment in my life today at school, right?”

“Alex,” she chided softly. “That’s really not a word I like hearing in this house. In fact, a young man of your age and class, shouldn’t be saying those things let alone thinking it.”

But he was thinking it, he thought. He was always cursing Dina Caliente for ever walking into his father’s life. He didn’t even know how it happened, how they suddenly were just engaged. He hadn’t even heard about the woman until a couple of months ago, when his father, Mortimer, just announced he was getting married to a woman named Dina, who he declared happily was a twenty five year old woman. If you could even call her that, he thought bitterly.

“I agree it wasn’t right of Mortimer to miss your big debut at the science fair, or miss the moment where you got first prize, but you know what, I still don’t want to hear that kind of language from you ever again.” Cassandra continued. “Just be a good kid, okay? I’ve got enough on my plate to worry about.”

Like how she was going to have to slowly break to Mortimer that she was engaged to Don Lothario, the notorious town playboy. However, it wasn’t as if she could help who she fell in love with and had he not loved her back, he wouldn’t have proposed to her. Or so she kept telling herself.

“I’m sorry Cass, I’ll behave,” he said meekly when all of a sudden a very livid Mortimer came in and walked over to where they were sitting. He glared angrily down at Cassandra who was looking up at him in shock.

Not even looking at Alexander, he said “Alex, go to your room now. I need to speak to you sister.” He spat out the last word.

“No!” Alexander shouted, jumping up and standing in front of his father. “Why the hell would you miss my science fair, the first one I actually got first place in, for that…th-that slut?”

“Boy, if you ever call your future step-mother a slut again I will whip you,” Mortimer threatened. “Just get the hell out of my sight, I really couldn’t care less about your stupid science project. Build me a rocket, or be the first to discover aliens. Then give me a call. As of right now, you’re as pathetic as those sedated lab rats I use for my experiments. Stop whining and act like a man for once, if your mother were here to see you now, how ashamed she would be!” Mortimer bellowed at him.

Alexander whirled around and ran from the room. Running up the stairs and into his room, he stopped in front of the painting of his mother.

“Would you mom?” He asked, his voice cracking, “would be ashamed of me for not acting more like a man?” He held out his hand to her, wishing he could feel her again. Wishing she were in the room with him.

He let out a sigh, his shoulders dropping. His dad was right, he was as pathetic as those drugged lab rats. He wasn’t a man, just a pathetic little kid.

“Oh god,” he started sobbing. “Mommy, where are you?” He wailed. “Why did you leave?”

Downstairs, hearing Alexander’s sobs, Cassandra got up and shouted at her father.

“What the hell is wrong with you, Mortimer? How could you say that to your own son? How did Dina Caliente – or whatever her name is, become more important than your own family?” She spat at him.

“Listen, darling, never mind that. You want to tell me about the rumor that’s been going on around Pleasantview?” He shouted at her. “Or should I go down to the most disgusting bar in town and hear it from the drunkards there?”

“What are you talking about?” She crossed her arms across her chest, wondering if word had gotten around that she and Don were engaged.

“Don’t act innocent and pure now, daughter dearest. I know about you and that low life scum, Don, being engaged. How could you do this to me? I despise the man and you go out and make a mockery out of me to the entire town?” He looked at her with an awful sneer, and tried to walk away saying, “you disgust me, Cassandra.”

She stepped in front of him, blocking his way. “Listen, Daddy dearest” she spat back, her voice ripe with sarcasm “that is not the issue at hand. At least when Don and I got engaged, I didn’t just completely turn my back on this family.” She snorted. “If you can even call it that anymore.”

“You’ve babied that boy enough for the both of us and now all he does is whine over the stupidest things, why should I even bother?” Mortimer growled.

“Because he’s your son!” She shouted at him. “Because I’m his sister and not his mother. You’re his parent, act like it for godsakes!”

“If you don’t break off your engagement with Don Lothario, I will disown you and Alex,” he threatened. “Then neither of you will be my problem.”

She stared at him. “You are disgusting, Mortimer.”

“I’m serious, Cassandra. If you go through with the wedding, not only will you nor Alex no longer be allowed in this house, but I will not leave you a single cent in my will.”

“I don’t need your money, Mortimer.” She said and then walked away, leaving him with his mouth open. She felt satisfied when she saw the shock on his face, the realization of what he’d just said, hitting him like a punch.

She went upstairs to find Alexander. Opening his room door slowly, she saw he was scribbling away madly into a notebook.

“Hey Alex,” she said softly as not to scare him as she walked over to him and stood behind him.

He held the book close to his chest, taking care not to let her see anything. “Hey Cass...”

“I just wanted to apologize for what Mortimer said down there. I want you to know, that he’s wrong. Our mother would be so proud if she knew how much you’ve accomplished while still only in high school! I’m proud too, you know?”

He slipped the notebook into an empty space in his bookshelf and turned around to hug her tightly.

“I love you, Cassandra. Thank you for being a good sister.” He smiled. “I know he didn’t mean anything he said, I think he’s just under a lot of stress. I don’t think I helped much when I just started yelling at him.” He said apologetically.

Cassandra smiled while hugging, realizing that even if Mortimer did go through with his threat, they’d be alright because Alexander was such a great kid. She loved her brother so much, happy that he had turned out alright from her raising him after their mother, Bella’s, disappearance.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Mortimer decided he needed to heavily sedate himself from the family drama, and so he poured himself several cups of alcohol and proceeded to drink them while in front of the fireplace.

“Where the hell did you go, Bella?” He slurred, closing his eyes to down another gulp. The alcohol burned its way down his chest and before he knew it, he was numb.

After making sure Alexander feeling better, Cassandra went into her room. Staring at her phone, she decided to give Don a call and tell him about what her father had just said.

Picking up the phone, she dialed his number and waited anxiously to hear his voice.

“Hello?” Don asked on the other end, his voice thick from sleep.

Thank you for the comment Treena410. I’m really glad you’re enjoying the story. I hope you continue to read as I get ready to add more drama to the story =D
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 10:56 AM
Chapter 6: The Town's Lothario

Don Lothario quickly cleared his throat when he recognized Cassandra’s voice over the phone.

“Oh hey, baby” he said as sweetly as he could.

“I’m sorry, did I wake you, Don?” Her voice sounded suspicious. “I thought you were supposed to be at work right now.”

“Oh yeah, um…I got off early today from work. I was exhausted so I came home and just took a nap.” He quickly said, hoping it would ease her mind.

“Hmm…well anyway, I’m sorry for bothering you, but I was wondering if I could come over to talk to you. I need to tell you something.”

“Now is not the best time, my love.” He prayed she wouldn’t press the matter more.

Cassandra’s voice went up a pitch. “Why not, Don?”

“The place is a mess, Cassie.” He lied. “Its really just disgusting.”

“Oh I don’t care, Don.” She sounded relieved. “Listen, I’m going to just come, I’ll be there in half an hour.” With that, she hung up the phone.

Don turned around and looked at the woman sleeping in his bed. He hated the part where he had to kick them out of bed. It was always such a drama-filled moment, as if they were surprised he was doing it.

He woke Kaylynn up. She was different; she had been a routine romp for him. They’d meet every other week for some fun. However she was no different from the other girls he slept with. When he was done with her, just like all the rest, he let them know they weren’t welcome to stay.

“No offense, honey,” he looked at the confused look on her face. “You have to go, my fiancé is on her way over here.”

Kaylynn stared at him dumfounded for a moment when suddenly it hit her that he was throwing her out like a cheap whore. She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him with a look of disgust on her face.

“Are you serious, Don? You’re just going to kick me out just like that?”

“Did you really think you this was going to become something special, doll? You’re just another woman that spent an hour or two in my bed. Nothing more, nothing less. Just put your clothes on and leave. We can do this another time if you really want it so bad.” His voice dripped with sarcasm. He mimicked her by crossing his arms over his chest.

She waved him off, “whatever, tonight I’ll be with a real man. One whose willing to put a roof over my head and give me everything I want. Unlike you, who’s only good for an hour to two.” She shot back at him.

“Whatever,” he muttered and shooed her away.

As she put her clothes on and ran down the stairs, he waved to her, shouting, “Good luck to the man that has to put up with you for more than an hour or two anyway, honey!”

A few minutes later, just as he had just finished putting on his clothes, the front doorbell rang.

“Damn that was quick,” he muttered, feeling relieved that he had gotten rid of Kaylynn as fast as he had.

Walking downstairs and out the front door, he was shocked when Dina Caliente launched herself at him and jumped into his arms.

“Oh my god, Don” she groaned while clinging onto his neck. “I’ve had the worst day imaginable.”

Don was so surprised he didn’t know what to say which infuriated Dina.

“Okay,” she said, wiggling around in his arms so he would put her down. Once her feet his the floor, she started walking through his front door and into his house. “If you don’t want to talk outside, I understand. Let’s go in.” She disappeared inside.

Watching her go inside snapped him out of his momentary paralysis. He quickly followed her inside, shutting the door behind him as he did.

He caught up with her at his kitchen and grabbed her hand, pulling her to halt.

“What is wrong with you?” she asked, yanking her hand away from him and rubbing her wrist. “That hurt. A lot.”

“Sorry,” he almost yelled. “You really cant be here, Dina.”

“What do you mean I cant be here? I’ve had a really bad day, and I thought you out of all people would comfort me, you jack ass.”

“No, I don’t mean it that way,” he started sweating, pleading desperately with her. “Dina, Cassandra is on her way over here. If you want us to stick through with the plan, then we cant be seen together. That was your rule from the beginning so stick to it.” He glowered at her. “If she catches us together, the whole plan will go down in flames.”

Her face softened and she nodded. When the doorbell suddenly rang, her eyes got wide.

“Go upstairs and hide on the roof,” he hissed.

When Dina was out of eyesight, Don walked over to his door and opened it. Cassandra greeted him with a smile, her eyes sparkling with affection. Walking over to her, he kissed her passionately.

He took her hand and pulled her inside his house, both of them stood in the living room staring at one another, holding hands.

“So,” he said, smiling warmly at her. “What did you want to tell me, my love?”

She shivered, loving the way he said “my love” to her. “Can we sit, Don?” she asked.

He led her around to the couch and sat down on the couch. She took the seat next to him and looked at him.

“Can you hold me, Don?” She whispered.

He nodded at her, slightly confused as he pulled her into his lap, wrapping his arms around her.

“What is it, Cassie?” He saw the sadness in her eyes. “Is something wrong?”

His concern overwhelmed her, and she suddenly decided she didn’t want to tell him anymore, not willing to burden him with her problems. Instead, she leaned against him and kissed him with everything she had. He forgot what he was asking her, and kissed her back, matching her passion. He was getting worked up when the phone suddenly rang.

“Oh Cassie,” he groaned. “I have to get that, it could be the hospital.” Leaving her, he stumbled over to his kitchen and picked up the ringing phone.

“Hello?” He mumbled, slightly out of breath.

“Is Cassandra there, Don?” a male voice asked him.

“Who is this?” He tilted his head, “How did you get my number?”

“It’s Darren, you moron, can you just put Cassandra on the phone?”

“Uh…sure,” he growled angrily. He called over Cassandra, mouthing, “you gave him my number?” at her as she took the phone.

She shrugged, remembering that she had given it to Darren, her best friend, in case of an emergency, she suddenly shrieked into the phone, “oh my god, is everything alright, Darren?” Without waiting for him to answer, she crushed the phone onto its cradle and ran out Don’s house.

Don, standing there in the kitchen, was surprised when he felt a twinge of jealousy.
#15 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:01 PM
I'm really enjoying this story :>
I definetly think that it's one of the better Pleasantview stories out there!
Can't wait for an updaaaaate!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:04 PM
Oooooh, Don and Kaylynn! The people in Pleasantview really are all tied together. I wonder what Don and Dina are up to... And it's also good to see Darren in the story. I never payed attention to his story line with Cassandra, so I'd love to see how you play it out. And serves Don to be jealous! Maybe he'll learn a lesson or two by the end...

Back To Love
#17 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:13 PM
This story is really good, i can't wait to see what will happen to Don, it's always intresting watching what diffrent people do with him. : )
Instructor
#18 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 9:21 PM
Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:16 PM
Chapter 7: Dreaming of Obsession
Darren Dreamer was surprised when he found himself hugging Cassandra on the front porch of his house. He had just stepped outside, after she had hung up on him at Don’s house, when she suddenly came running up the steps on his house and flung her arms around him.

“Hey, I’m sorry,” he said to her in a soothing voice. “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

When she just hugged him tighter, he groaned silently, the perfume from her hair wafting up his nose. He breathed her in, not caring who saw, despite the fact that he knew she had just gotten engaged.

“Ugh,” Cassandra scoffed at him. “Don’t ever do that to me again, Darren. I almost had a heart attack when you called Don’s place.” She shook her head. “I thought something had happened to you.” She let out a sigh.

“Want some coffee?” He offered, happy when she agreed because he knew he’d get to spend some time with her.

In his kitchen, they both sat at the table with their mugs in hand, chatting away.

“So, you’ll be very proud of me, Cassie.” He said, breaking out into a sudden grin over his coffee cup.

“Oh?” She looked at him.

“Yes,” he nodded, “I actually was able to get H&M to sign me up as their commercial photographer.” His voice was full of pride.

“Oh my god, Darren!” She squealed. That’s so great! I’m so happy for you, congratulations!”

“Don’t give me all the credit, thanks to you for always being willing to model for me.” He gave her a look of affection. “It really helped to have a wonderful subject.”

She blushed, “shhh, you’re embarrassing me.” Her eyes twinkled. “So do I get to see the photographs?”

“Uh, they’re with H&M right now, they still have my portfolio.” He said quickly.

“Oh,” she sounded sad. “Well that’s too bad then. I would’ve really liked to see them.”

“I have a better idea,” he said, asking her to follow him up the stairs.

He led her to his small studio space and asked her to close her eyes. Positioning her in front of his easel, he told her to open her eyes.

Cassandra gasped. “Oh…Darren…”

“Do you like it?” he asked anxiously, studying her reaction.

She turned and looked at him. “This is…its so…who knew I could be pretty?” She laughed.

“Its your wedding present, Cassandra. I painted it for you.” He said, his voice masking his emotions. “I want you to always remember me.”

“Oh Darren, I don’t need this to remember you, you’ll always be a part of my life.” She smiled at him.

He quickly leaned forward and stroked her cheek gently with the back of his fingers.

“Then don’t marry him, Cass, marry me instead.” He said, his voice husky with desire.

Cassandra took a step back and cleared her throat, embarrassed and slightly uncomfortable.

“Darren…” she said apologetically. “You can’t…we can’t….I’m… I’m sorry.”

His eyes filled with hurt as he sighed and looked down. Cassandra sighed and wished she could rewind time to erase the moment that had just occurred. She knew Darren had always had a crush on her. That crush only grew after the death of his beloved wife, Darleen, who had died of pneumonia. She felt bad that she didn’t feel the same way for him, but it wasn’t her fault she was in love with Don.

“Listen, let’s forget that happened.” She murmured, quickly pulling him into a hug. “I’ve got to get going. There are a few errands I need to run.” With that said she almost ran down the stairs.

Downstairs, Cassandra ran into Dirk, Darren’s single teenage son.

“Hey Dirk,” she walked over to him. “How’s life going? Are you and Lilith Pleasant still an item?”

“Uh no, Cassandra, we broke up like ages ago.” He said, shaking his head. “She wanted to focus on becoming a musician, and since we’re in a band together, she thought us fraternizing would be a bad thing.” He rolled eyes his.

“Oh…well listen honey, if you ever want to talk, I’m here for you.” She said with a smile, then added “you know, my brother Alex could use a friend these days, you two should hang out sometime.”

“Will do,” he didn’t actually mean it. He knew of Alex and that kid was a freak with a temper. He didn’t want anything to do with him.

“Well then, I have to go, keep an eye on your dad for me. I’m glad he got the job with H&M. You should be too, looks like things are looking up for you two.” She said before leaving.

Meanwhile upstairs, Darren walked into his room, not knowing that his son was home. He walked over to his bookcase, and with a quick scan around his room to make sure no one was watching him, he pulled a switch that looked an awful lot like a book. The bookcase started turning and he was immediately transferred into a secret room behind the bookcase.

He stared at all the photographs of Cassandra he had placed on the walls. The room was like a shrine, dedicated to only images and things belonging to Cassandra Goth. He sighed raggedly as he looked at her.

“Why are you doing this to me?” he asked the photograph in a pained voice. “I know you want me, Cassandra. Why are you teasing me like this?”

He walked around to another photograph and stared at her face, growing angry.

“You don’t belong to him, you belong to me!” he shouted angrily.

Dirk, who had come up the stairs to see what his father was up to, heard the shouting and panicked wondering if his father was ok. He ran over to his door and tried to open it but discovered that it was locked.

“Dad!” He yelled, “Dad, are you okay? Let me in!”

Darren panicked for a moment, not realizing how loud he had gotten. He was afraid that Dirk would try to break down the door and find out about his secret place.

He quickly pulled the lever that turned the bookcase around and walked into his room. He looked back to make sure that the bookcase was shut properly.

“I’m coming son,” he said, opening his door and stepping out into the hallway where his son was standing, staring at him suspiciously.

“What were you doing in there?” Dirk asked his father.

“I was uh, yelling at myself for a stupid mistake,” His father lied.

Dirk knew his father well enough to tell when he was lying. “Yeah, sure, whatever,” he said, rolling his eyes. He didn’t feel like dealing with his father’s neurotic moments today.

“I want permission to go out tonight, my band got a gig at the local bar.” He said, angrily. He already knew the answer before his father uttered it.

“You are not going to play at some bar,” his father yelled. “Especially not since you have a lot of homework piled up on that table downstairs.”

“Ugh, you always ruin everything dad. This could be my big break.” He shouted before stomping away from him. He felt miserable knowing that he couldn’t even sneak out. If his dad couldn’t find him at home, he would go looking for him at every club. He hated how he always felt like he was on lock down, especially after his mother had died. His father had become over protective, never allowing him to do anything.

There’s only one thing left to do to pass the time, Dirk thought.

~

The three of them laid in the grass, staring up at the sky. Dirk laying in between his two best friends, Chase Crawford and Lilith Pleasant.

“I don’t understand why he cant just let me go,” Dirk was complaining. “I mean its not like I’m going there to drink. I just want to play my drums.”
He sighed.

“Well whatever,” Lilith interjected. “It doesn’t matter anyway, I can’t go out anyway, I have a family dinner tonight.”

“My mom said I could go,” Chase said cheerfully until they both told him to shut up.

They continued staring silently at the sky as it got darker, when Lilith suddenly remembered that she had to be home before eight.

“Shit, I gotta go guys,” she said in a hurry, scrambling to her feet.

“Fine, get out of here,” Dirk said playfully, hugging her back when she pulled him in for a quick hug.

“See ya boys later,” she yelled, running down the street.

Dirk stood there watching her go and wondering what the big deal about family dinners was.

Thanks to all the comments Nanakon, Treena410, Nicole123, and Prettiammie2005 -- it really helps me know that I’m going down a good path with the story. So thanks you guys. ^__^ I really appreciate it.
#20 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:28 PM
I enjoyed this chapter (especially the new AL objects being put to use ).
This is a very good story
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:50 PM
You know whats funny, Novemberlove? I was actually planning the Pleasantview story around AL -- I was upset when I couldnt use it in the beginning since I started the story before AL came out.

~.^ Glad you like it.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:34 AM
Freaky Cassandra shrine..... I wonder if she'll find it? I'm hoping Dirk and Lilith will get back together, after that hug at the end, and that he will be friends with Alex. It took me a sec to get the title of this chapter, clever!

Back To Love
Instructor
#23 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 7:05 AM
Wow, that Cassie shrine is pretty creepy! D:

Darren, that is the wrong way to go about winning yourself the woman of your dreams! LOL
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 1:17 AM
AH!
this is amazing!
update please!?
#25 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 1:34 AM
Oh
I love this.
<3 so much
Page 1 of 10