Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:42 PM
Question. Where in the world do i find this file? To begin, open Sims4XmlExtractor and in "Combined XML path" choose the .62e94d38 file in the zip you downloaded in the last link. Extract some place and, if you left the default S4PE file naming, look for the file S4_03B33DDF_00000000_784760DD00959DFA inside tun folder.

I've looked everywhere for an hour now and still nothing. Please explain better. Thanks.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#27 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 10:01 PM
Which "this" file do you mean?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Which "this" file do you mean?

Nevermind! I've figured it out finally. But do you know if it's possible to delete all other languages and just use English? Would it mess the game up if i did that?
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 12:17 AM
I have the exact same problem as @Reneva5! I can't remember how to see my game version, but it's updated to the latest patch (Feb 4th). I'm 99% sure the problem is on the .ITUN file, but I'm 100% new to this modding thing (I never made any content to any sims game, actually) and then I can't fix it *shrug*

I'll attach the .package file so someone can see what exactly is the problem and how to fix it.
I also explained it with more details on this thread on the official forum (I'm also much more active there)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  more pt-br names.rar (68.2 KB, 66 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The mod that should be simple but is giving me headaches
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#30 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 9:29 AM
Your XML is throwing syntax errors, probably because of broken tags like in line 7159.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 5:54 PM
I know this thread is quite old but hopefully someone will see it..
I am trying to do this, but the data file tool by velocitygrass has a broken/outdated download link, is there an updated download or similar tool i can use??
Deceased
#32 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BieberFever975
I know this thread is quite old but hopefully someone will see it..
I am trying to do this, but the data file tool by velocitygrass has a broken/outdated download link, is there an updated download or similar tool i can use??

No idea if that program still works but I do have a copy of it. If you want to PM me an email address I can zip that up and send you copy. Seems like I had the source code for it as well, so if I can find that I'd include it.

I think Sims4Studio probably can edit the data files, so that may be the better option. I always prefered the simple skinning knife kind of tools to the mega all-in-one programs, so if I do get back into modding I'll be trying to use the original by velocitygrass myself.
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 6:07 PM
Hey guys
I wanted to add some new names in sims 4 and google send me here.
I did everything that this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou-BgtOsvnA says and everything works like a charm, except one thing.
In my country males and females has different last names. I means the last 2 or 3 letters are different.
In the first file, the file that you can edit with a text editor, i did what i wanted, but in the second file, the file that opens with s4pe program, i can't do it.
To make easier to understand, please look at this picture https://prnt.sc/q7y8am
In the lane that red arrow shows, i want to add some new female last names. I press the right click but there is no options that i can do, and also i don't know any other way to edit this line.
Is there any way to edit this line?
Or at least a way to add at least one female_last_name so i can clone it again and again?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 1:05 AM
It's an XML file, just export it and edit with a text editor.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 10:50 PM
I'm having trouble with the XML extractor. When I go to extract, it'll work until I get an error that says:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

'.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1793799."

I click continue, and the program tries to keep going, but it's just stuck on "Reading Combined XML," and does not progress. I left it running all day, and it stayed stuck. I know this is an old thread, but can someone help me?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 12:08 AM
@evekat Use Sims4Studio instead then. I'm not sure why XMLE is giving you that error but I don't think anyone can help. You could also try repairing your game and trying again.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Page 2 of 2