Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 10:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't tell whether or not my game is corrupted
So I've been playing the game recently and today I noticed that one of my sims had a thought bubble appear with a set of squiggly lines in it. I can't really tell if my game is corrupted because this is the first time this happened and I did a few checks on whether it was or not. For instance, I checked my program files and it stated that the last time they were modified were in 2016 (I'm using the ultimate collection so it was likely installed on my computer back then). Throughout playing the game all these years I don't think I've ever played as a universal npc (If I did then this would have happened long ago along with various other glitches). The only thing I can think of is that I had installed the norodhumble hack today, added it to my game and played a family that recently moved in who had not been visited by Humble at that time.

By the way, the type of bubble I got was this one:

Source: http://modthesims.info/t/536912

Is my game corrupted or not? should I reinstall it, I dunno what to do
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 10:47 PM
Relax. Squiggly lines happen when the game is uncertain what icon to use and therefore uses all of them, cramming them into a small space. It happens to everyone sooner or later; and though one reason for it might be corruption, 1,001 reasons for it definitely aren't! If you haven't messed with your game files, there's no reason to reinstall.

It is possible to accidentally corrupt a neighborhood without corrupting the game, but squiggly lines are no reason to panic even about that. When sims start disappearing or thinking they're cats, or the neighborhood refuses to load, then there's reason for alarm. Practice good game hygiene, back up your neighborhoods frequently, run Hoodchecker periodically, and have fun.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 10:59 PM
Sometimes that will show when a sim's routing is blocked which it could be there and it can also show up for some CC items. So while it can be a sign of corruption it also can be a sign of what I just mentioned.

Playing a Universal would give you immediate widespread explosion of your game not wiggly lines.

Hood corruption is mainly caused by:
Deleting sims, either alive or dead
Moving an occupied lot into the family bin or installing one
Moving sims between hoods (not sub-hoods, actual main hoods eg Pleasantview to Strangetown)
Adding an NPC mod and pulling it which means you are actually doing number 1-deleting a sim.

Good game hygiene means you make backups and run Hood Checker every now and then, so go do that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 11:18 PM
Oh thank goodness, I started playing again after posting this by the way and I haven't noticed anything strange like you've mentioned. I also have a lot of CC so that might be the reason why those lines occoured. I did however, run the Nhood check and it came up with incorrect subjects for only Townie sims. I didn't recognize any of my own sims having any issues through the checker.
Alchemist
#5 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 12:32 AM
there is a program that can detect signs of neighborhood corruption; Hood Checker. http://www.modthesims.info/d/456523...ry-11-2013.html
Inventor
#6 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 2:14 AM
I agree with Jo's assessment. It looks to me like the kid is doing the tail end of the "I'm blocked and can't get through" animation. He couldn't get through the doorway because of the girl playing, which the game probably doesn't any icon for. So it did as Peni said and threw a whole bunch up instead.