Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Essa : 10th Apr 2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Add links
Default Essa : Bonneville

At the beginning, they were 10 sims in four households thanks to dice rolling.

Clockwise, from right to left:
Household Gransbois: Nathan lives alone. I wanted him to be the mayor but the pixels decided otherwise during the meet and greet.
Almost everysim hates him. So he became some sort of hermit who enjoys fishing.

Household Lagrange: this household was made with sims part of an Asylum challenge in my previous hood. Eglantine Lagrange, Marc Cinqmars and Ferragus Bureau wanted to be part of a new adventure.
To his surprise, Ferragus get chosen as a leader during the meet and greet. Eglantine would be the architect since she rolled the want to become a City planner. I didn't know much about Marc ATM. They all gathered hood to build houses.
I was expecting a Marc-Eglantine pairing (like in my old hood) and I got a Ferragus-Eglantine instead (yeah for red-haired babies).

Household Lamour: Aimé Lamour, Ella Ducharme and Emma Saurel.
They spent most of their time gathering woods too. Things are slowly unfolding for them.

Household Thibodeau: Thomas, Gaïa and Stellia are triplets.
It's the household who owns the only book of the hood. No one owns a bookcase.
Thomas took the opportunity to build his mechanical skills with the book and gather iron. He unlocked water and electricity for the town and now is the local repairman.
Gaïa grew crops to later provide fresh food.
Stellia will be a seamstress.

To get a house, sims had to have 100 logs of hood and 25 bags of iron.
ATM, four houses plus a farm were built. The Bonnevillians moved in.

ETA :
Male founders are here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...885#post5186885
Female founders are here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...876#post5186876
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 9:20 PM
Thank you for posting! The Sims sound very interesting, and the hood also piques my interest. I love your usage of ltw's as a guideline of sorts to the sim's occupations. I also implement something similar in my game, although I am rather biased. Your make founder are good-looking though...

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 9:21 PM
So eventually this hood will be built up and now all the founders are on campgrounds? Very interesting and it looks challenging too! BTW your sims are gorgeous!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 9:39 PM
Ooh, this looks like it is quite the challenge ! I am really interested to know what happens next.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 10:11 PM
Me too! I love the idea of starting completely with nothing and having to build the lots.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Thank you for posting! The Sims sound very interesting, and the hood also piques my interest. I love your usage of ltw's as a guideline of sorts to the sim's occupations. I also implement something similar in my game, although I am rather biased. Your make founder are good-looking though...

Wants, interests and hobbies help me to find the fate of a sim. It's not easier with the Bonnevillians though. I'll tell about this later.

Nathan, Ella, Emma are born in game sims from my previous hood.

The Thibodeau siblings are made after Stella Dalle (below) born in my previous hood (I loved her features so I had to have them in my new hood) :

Eglantine, Ferragus, Marc and Aimé were made following this tutorial by Pooklet: http://pooklet.tumblr.com/post/1057...our-townies-are
It's a bit time consuming but it's interesting to do so.

Starting with nothing is my favorite way to play the game.
Thank you all for your nice words about my sims.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:23 PM
//Oh were did you get the eyes//

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:43 PM
She linked to them on another thread, they're here: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=5104.0
Instructor
#9 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:09 AM
Thank you!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:49 AM
Starting completely from scratch and having Sims not do what you had planned for them - love it!
Instructor
#12 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
So, your Sims have to earn their toilets and tubs too? Bummer. I'd just pee by a bush.

Poor sims! Some of us don't like to pee in itchy bushes...like me? How uncouth of you!

Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:44 PM
I absolutely LOVE this hood. The tent city is too great. I've thought of doing something like that, but my OCD forbids it.

How will you proceed? Are you ever going to add new sims in or will you just let these guys entirely repopulate the hood. If you do make new sims, will they have to start in a tent as well?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:47 PM
To tell more about my hood, it started as a BACC loosely based on these rules: http://didilysims.tumblr.com/post/128240853246 and I aim to get an integrated hood.
I rolled a dice for the number of households, the number of sims in each family and if they would be supernatural or not. This is why I only have an alien.

I decided each house would start with a tent, an outhouse, a sink, a camping cooler and a camping stove (part of this set: https://rdnussimaginethat.blogspot....rchives_24.html)

I then made a meet and greet to set some relationships and get to know the sims a liitle more. It was rather boring since sims spent their time birds watching. They socialize a bit and some of them fought a lot and became enemies, especially Ferragus and Nathan (fight for power I guess ).
There was no romance since ACR didn't kick in at the time which made me really sad.
During the meet and greet, Ferragus rolled the want to work in Politics. Since he was the one who made the most friend during the meeting, he became the leader. I wanted Nathan to be the leader.
Eglantine rolled the want to work in architecture so she'd be an architect later.
None of them had Nature as hobby so I had the hardest time to decide who would do what.

Being the most hated sim in the hood, Nathan became a hermit and spent most of his time fishing. He succeeded in befriending Eglantine doing so. She was the only sim showing up a the Cove (bare community beach lot) each time he'd go there.
I then decided to add to the challenge and wanted the founders to earn their home (well kind of). Aimé and Emma suffered the most of the lack of a proper shower while the others easily sponge bathed when they needed to.

I added Rebecca's wood chopping trees to the Lagrange's and Lamour's households and later PBK's miner's rock crafting station to the Thibodeau's family.
Thomas Thibodeau maxed out his mechanical skill thanks to the book while Gaïa started to grow crops and Stellia to sew.

During that time, romances start to blossom but i's another story!
I leave you with some pictures. I barely take pictures though.

Time was difficult for Nathan Grandbois. He was so tired that he couldn't get into his tent and slept on the floor instead more than once.

Aimé Lamour is working really hard.

Ella Ducharme explaining Eglantine Lagrange how much she's longing for a proper house

Happy Thomas Thibodeau

Fortunately nosim got hurt.

Seems that the place is not as safe as it is supposed to be.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I absolutely LOVE this hood. The tent city is too great. I've thought of doing something like that, but my OCD forbids it.

How will you proceed? Are you ever going to add new sims in or will you just let these guys entirely repopulate the hood. If you do make new sims, will they have to start in a tent as well?

@smorbie1
I just realised I didn't answer. Thanks for your nice words.
I plan to add sims later in order to add variety. I just don't know when and I don't know yet if they'll start from scratch or in a proper house.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:39 PM
Aww, poor Nathan! I want to give him a hug and take him out for dinner to cheer him up!

Thomas looks like he's loving his life!

Great pictures, @Essa ! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:58 AM
On the one hand, I feel sorry for your sims, on the other I'm laughing out loud.
This is great. I'll definitely follow this thread.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:28 AM
I really like the settlement camp atmosphere of your neighborhood, Essa, mainly the trade idea. I didn't tried something similiar in my "BaCC" because I would have patience for it, accumlating taxes to build a university already take time enough.

Your sims seems to be having a hard time with it and it is funny in some twisted way, I will keep up it.

About the wood chopping trees, you may be interested in look into this set, the sims can plant, grow and chop down the trees.
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:02 PM
@simsample
Thank you.
Nathan was the one who suffer the most IMO. At the end, he was so tired (lacking comfort and energy) that he couldn't rest. This is when I discovered that sims with comfort in the red can't sleep in a tent.

Being a Knowledge sim, Thomas loved his life at this moment.

@Booney
Thank you. My sims are responsible for their life, not me.

@Rguerra
Thank you.
I wanted to try something new and my previous hood were too advanced for this purpose. Both started as BACC too and getting an uni was the first thing on my list. I used to tax my sims 10% of their funds and it was pretty easy.
Thanks for the link of the giving tree. I'm downloading right now.

When romance started to blossom these were the pairings I got:

Nathan and Ella

Ferragus and Eglantine

Marc and Stellia

Aimé and Emma

I was expecting Nathan and Emma together since they were two bolts. Emma was Nathan's first friend. She was the only one to interact with him during the meet and greet.
I was also hoping Eglantine and Marc to end together like in my previous hood anyway I'm happy with my red-haired couple.
:lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@simsample
Thank you.
Nathan was the one who suffer the most IMO. At the end, he was so tired (lacking comfort and energy) that he couldn't rest. This is when I discovered that sims with comfort in the red can't sleep in a tent.

Ooh, how did you get his comfort up again? Difficult to do without a nice comfy bed or sofa! Is that why he's discussing a nice hot bath with Ella?

Your sims are beautiful Essa- I'm rooting for them all to make it through this! :lovestruc
Instructor
#22 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:56 AM
What adorable sim couples! I love Eglantine's hair Thanks for posting (and making me jealous of your sim making skills )

Check it out ;)
Link Ninja
#23 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 8:07 PM
I'm always so blown away at how pretty your sims are and how good your pics are! I think it's cute that they had a meet and greet and Emma befriended Nathan. So cute!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 8:58 PM
@simsample
I didn't get Nathan's comfort up while he was at the camp. Emma ended to move with him. Will life become easier for him?
Thank you again for your nice words about my sims.

@Emperor Crat
Thank you and thanks for creating this group. I think it was a great idea.
Most of those sims are (or are based on) born in game sims from my previous hood. I also use replacement default faces.

@Charmful
Thank you for your nice words. Doing beauty contests helped me to improve my picture taking skills back in the days.
Meets and greets are mandatory when I start a new hood. It can be pretty funny (well not so funny with the Bonnevillians though).

With 100 logs of woods and 25 bags of iron, Eglantine designed a show home for the Bonnevillians. Since Thomas also maxed out his mechanical skills, electricity and water were unlocked.
I add PBK's fruit trees (I think the set is called "an apple a day" but I'm not sure) since the house comes with an empty fridge.

I aimed for a two bedrooms-one bathroom house. Well it seems that they'll get more space. I told you I suck at building no matter how hard I try.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:04 PM
Great house, and I'm happy that at least someone in that hood got a proper bed.

Page 1 of 2