Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 6:52 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:40 PM.
The Wonderlands Challenge
Once again The Dragoon13 here to give yet another challenge idea. First go to CAS and make 8 sims. Make one of these sims a teen, with the Knowledge asperation. The teen may be male, or female. Everyone else should be adults. Now move them into the largest lot you can buy. Use Motherlode a few times, then build a giant maze, in each of the tunnels only make enough room for just one sim to pass through. So you need to put just one tile worth of space between the walls that make the tunnel. Now make sure that all of the tunnels lead to small chambers that are 9X9 tiles that you may only put three items total in. You are not allowed any alarms or sprinklers. Once everyone is inside the maze seal off all exits. If a non-household member happens to walk into the maze before then leave them be.
Make one door that leads to the outside world, and lock it so that only the teen can go through it. Now you may only play as the teen. Your sims shouldn't get lost in the maze, but they will have trouble if two sims are using the same tunnel. The only other door you are allowed to place is on the bathroom chamber of the maze. You may only put items in your maze that I have put on my list. (See below) The challenge ends when the teen is an elder.

List of Items you May place:
1 Frige
1 Stove
1 Counter
1 Toilet
1 Sink
1 Shower
4 Beds (Not in the same chamber)
1 Piano
1 Bookcace
1 Dart Game

You may not place anything else. However as you can see this challenge was inspired by another challenge that we all know, and love/hate. The teen may not go to collage. But there are some goals to reach other than the torture of your sims.

The Teen's goals (You can only play as the teen)
Get a job in the med. career.
Reach the top of the career track
Get an A+
Have first kiss
Max one skill
Grow up well (Not the end of the challenge)
The Teen's Adult Goals
Max all skills
Fulfill Life Time Want
Reach top of career track
Build a Servo
Become a supernatural sim (Werewolf, or Plant) (You may not be a Vampire)

Plus Points
If once the challenge starts you use Family Funds to lower your funds to 200 + 3000 Points
If your teen earns 400,000 in their life time + 4000
For every goal reached + 1000

Minus Points
For every sim that dies - 3000
Being fired - 4000
For all failed goals - 5000
For losing the challenge - 4000

You may use Elixer of Life to extend the challenge. You lose the challenge if your teen is the last one left, or if your teen dies.
Please post feedback, and ask questions, or report your score.
Have fun!

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 9:51 PM
this could be really interesting, but i SUCK at building houses. that's why most of my sims live in odd hillbilly shacks
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 10:40 PM
This is kind of like the Asylum Challenge, but outdoors... which reminds me, what are Seasons players supposed to do so their sims don't all die?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
This is kind of like the Asylum Challenge, but outdoors... which reminds me, what are Seasons players supposed to do so their sims don't all die?

Yes that was what I was inspired by. However I don't have Seasons, so the most I could tell you is try to put a roof over the maze.

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 4:30 AM
yeah, thats another thing thats gonna be rough for me. seasons.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 5:02 AM
If you have the seasons, you can make it summer all of the time so that your sims won't freeze. You can do this in the neighborhood. On the top left there should be a symbol with a leaf, sun, snowflake, and flower on it. Just click on that and make them all the sun. If you don't want all of the neighborhood to be summer all of the time, you can change the seasons by each house individually as well.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by centralgurl2006
If you have the seasons, you can make it summer all of the time so that your sims won't freeze. You can do this in the neighborhood. On the top left there should be a symbol with a leaf, sun, snowflake, and flower on it. Just click on that and make them all the sun. If you don't want all of the neighborhood to be summer all of the time, you can change the seasons by each house individually as well.

But then they'd all constantly have heatstroke :-( A roof would probably be the way to go....
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 12:52 PM
Would permanent spring be a better choice? (I don't have Seasons, but I'd assume summer/winter have the biggest risks of dying, and I know fall gives an unfair skilling boost.) Maybe you can build a little gazebo with a roof or a greenhouse somewhere in the maze for sims to hide in during bad weather.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 3:22 AM
i think the "chambers" are supposed to be "rooms" so put roofs on them, and maybe the rest ought to be half walls, greenhouse walls, (expensive!) or hedges?

like i said earlier, i suck at complicated houses, so i doubt i'll ever be able to figure this one out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 5:55 PM
Sorry I've been gone a while, Christmas, and all that, well when I said make a maze I meant with walls, and to put a roof over the whole thing. The chambers are meant to be rooms for items. Everything else are hallways with just enough room for one sim to move through. By the way, I just got a new expantion pack for Christmas, Open for Business so I'll be updating my other challenges for O.F.B. and I may come up with a new challenge.

Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 8:17 PM Last edited by Heirbanaan : 30th Dec 2010 at 9:06 PM.
You say "small chambers from 9x9 tiles", but 9x9 isn't really small... Shouldn't that be "3x3", or am I wrong? :P

And I have some more questions:
- One of the adult goals is to build a Servo and to become a supernatural Sim, but how is that possible when the required items aren't on the list?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 5:18 PM
I forgot to put the Servo making station on the list, sorry. You may also have an indoor garden like I did, I realize that my list can be confusing so be on the look out for my vary first item for download, the Wonder Lands House. All items included. You are also allowed a pool, so I'll include that too. I've never uploded content before, so sorry if it does not work right or something. I also don't have all the expantion packs so that could be a problem. I have the Bace Game, University, Open for Business, and Pets.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 2:02 AM
Okay, I give up! Would someone tell me how to upload my Wonder Lands house to the site? I can't seem to find the link. On an unrelated topic I have an avatar now, of Bahamut from Final Fantasy IX.