Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 3:04 AM
Default Custom Shirt/Jacket
just wanting to know if anybody knows how to do something like this http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7752/myidea0.png its not really clear on details but what Im looking for is a way to put the regular untucked t-shirt under the new Late Night Coat. I tried to do it myself but I cant do it.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 7:40 PM
Hi, You don't actually put the whole t-shirt under the jacket, Just the front part that shows and the parts that show below the jacket hem. If you are new to meshing, I'd advise you to start with the tutorials we have and work your way through them. Once you follow a tutorial, you will understand the basics and can do the combo-mod you are interested in.- http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...3_CTU_Tutorials

The thing to realize is that you are not 'adding' clothing to a body, or adding a coat over a jacket. What you are doing is taking the body and stretching it into a clothing shape and applying textures to those 'clothing parts' - adding bits and giving them bone assignments as needed..

...What's really freaky is that ALL sims are bald under their hats! Except for the rare hat wearable with many hairstyles...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Hi, You don't actually put the whole t-shirt under the jacket, Just the front part that shows and the parts that show below the jacket hem. If you are new to meshing, I'd advise you to start with the tutorials we have and work your way through them. Once you follow a tutorial, you will understand the basics and can do the combo-mod you are interested in.- http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...3_CTU_Tutorials

The thing to realize is that you are not 'adding' clothing to a body, or adding a coat over a jacket. What you are doing is taking the body and stretching it into a clothing shape and applying textures to those 'clothing parts' - adding bits and giving them bone assignments as needed..

...What's really freaky is that ALL sims are bald under their hats! Except for the rare hat wearable with many hairstyles...

Thanks this would have helped but two things.. 1 I dont have the mesh and 2 I tried with a similar shirt but the coat is part of the shirt and will take some with it..
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:46 PM
?? I am confused. Do you have late Night? If so, Extract/extract the mesh from the game and make the shirt longer. If you do NOT have Late Night. You will have to make you own coat with longer under-t-shirt from something similar that you do have. NOTE: You CAN NOT untuck the existing shirt! You have to make new mesh parts.

If you have a mesh with an existing coat, ADD some pieces to the bottom of the coat and assign them the correct bones according to where they are positioned on the mesh. THEN MAP the new parts. If the TS3 tutorials don't help. Please review the TS2 beginner clothing tutes - they are excellent and will give you a basic knowledge of Sims clothes meshing. Practice. Learn the basics before you jump into swapping out mesh parts.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 11:38 PM
uhhhmmm how do I extract and can this be done with only cas3textureunitool and a milkshape trial?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 9:04 PM
TS3 - The tools you'll need are listed in the Wiki. s3oc, s3pe, s3 object mesh tool, etc. If you are fast, you can use Milkshape and it's only 30 bucks - a GOOD INVESTMENT since it will last for years. You are making a mesh, not doing a recolor, so download the proper modding tools - most of them are FREE. You will have to read and follow some of the tutorials to figure it all out. I'm not going to write here what's already written elsewhere. :0) Here are the links to get you going. You might want to start with a basic object - less bones to mess up. :0)

Modding tools - http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...g_Tools_for_CAS
TS3 clothing tutorials - http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ENCAS_Tutorials
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 9:41 PM
are you sure that someone else wont be makeing this because this looks like lots of time and lots of remembering and I lack both...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 2:47 AM
failed to count game files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, Pease restart the app and select the sims 3 directory in program files.

Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 2:50 AM
Does anyone do requests anymore because I have a feeling this is going to be a trail of errors leading to my game not working.. Dont meen to sound rude or selfish but I just cant have that happen now..
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#10 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 2:57 AM
Sorry, no requests here. You can check this thread for people who take requests ( I highly suggest you read the first thread!). Other than that, you'll have to try yourself. Like porkypine said you can start simple, and you'll be able to do this in no time.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 12:48 PM
I tried that forum once it seems outdated everyone I tired to contact seemed to not be around anymore. And if you didnt notice I posted an error message. its stopping me from doing much of anything with the shirt. thanks though.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#12 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 3:02 PM
You posted an error message, but you didn't say what program you were using, or what you were doing with it when it happened. It would make it a lot easier to help you if you did.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 3:10 PM
Just a thought here. Telling everyone that it is not worth your time and trouble to make it for yourself does not exactly persuade anyone that it is worth their time and trouble to make it for you. Since you are so pressed for time, perhaps you should consider commissiioning (i.e. paying) someone to do it for you. At some level, time and money are interchangeable. People with no time usually have lots of money.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 9:33 PM
well I have no time due to finals but if someone could give me an estimate I have a paypal and would gladly pay as long as it is allowed.
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 10:22 PM
i can make it for ya, its done in a sec...
Unfortunate you have to wait till next week, with a bit of luck i have a new comp then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
i can make it for ya, its done in a sec...
Unfortunate you have to wait till next week, with a bit of luck i have a new comp then.

are you giving me a quote or is this free? also I would wait as long as I needed.
Sockpuppet
#17 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 2:57 AM
Its free
But if your happy about it(when its done) you might want to consider a small donation to either this or my site

Althoug the meshing isn't the work the uvmapping can cause a bit trouble.
But ill let you know soon as i got my new comp up and running.
PM me if i forget!!
Sockpuppet
#18 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 10:22 PM
just to make sure, you want the jacket mesh with a untucked shirt underneath it?
Do you want the whole shirt untucked exceeding the jacket or just on the front?
There is just one little problem....i dont have Late Night.
So i need someone who can provide me a clone from the jacket.
The shirt is basegame?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 10:14 PM
shirt is basegame I have late night so if you tell me how to get it I can try. And untucked all around would look nice just not realy baggy.
Sockpuppet
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 5:13 PM
Do you have TSRW?
If so clone the jacket and upload it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 11:59 PM
no it doesnt work for me..
Inventor
#22 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Cocomama : 4th Feb 2011 at 7:40 PM.
Here it is, please report back if you have it so I can Delete it.
Sockpuppet
#23 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 7:31 PM
Got it, hope i get this working since the latest version of TSRW has some nasty bugs.
I switched back to TSRW RC4_V3 but i can always use S3PE to extract the textures

Yup, wat i thought...no textures or meshes
Ill see wat i can do
Sockpuppet
#24 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 2:16 AM
Its alot more work then expected, but im almost done
Ill upload it here on MTS2 asap
Hope its wat you had in mind.
Still need to adjust some colors and build the sliderfiles
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 2:00 AM
that is more than perfect as long as it looks good in Olive Drab it should be awesome.
Page 1 of 2