Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#51 Old 13th Jan 2005 at 8:17 PM
Probably wes_h's shower
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 5:07 AM
Is it really that hard to learn Maya? I figure just read the instructions, (if they have them), and then go from there. What makes people feel it's so hard? although the only program I worked with was milk-shape 3d or was it milkshake? I don't know but it was fun, I made some funky stuff. Is it the terms? Someone please explain. :confused: -esha
Test Subject
#53 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 5:31 AM
wes_h did put a sculpture in beta testing a while ago.
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36499
Test Subject
#54 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 7:51 AM
OMGOMGOMOGMG I am totally freaking out this is SO Bloody awesome! I am soooo excited I can't control myself here. Ohhh where do i sign up? .

Right now I am using 3D Studio max 5.1 Brazil r/s 1.2 if ur using max you might want to pick up obj2max and max2obj plugins to import and export. just drop them into ur plugin directory. u can do a quick search for obj2max on google. Boy I can't wait to play with the meshes and maybe I can have ten times better UVmaps then orginal objects that was shipped from the game :O
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 1:02 PM
Sooooo... How long untill female sims get boob jobs? Sry for posting about this so many times on mesh editing threads, but BOOBS, man BOOBS! and also

I ARE PANTS!
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 10:44 PM
http://www.3dlinks.com/links.cfm?ca...subcategoryid=2

This link should work. It has a list of shareware and freeware 3d modeling and animation software. I thought you guys might want to check it out.
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 10:46 PM Last edited by blut3ng3l : 15th Jan 2005 at 10:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Hi All,

MTS2 is proud to announce the starting up of a closed beta test for the Sims 2 Mesh Tool, which lets you both create new objects and edit existing ones.

Why a closed beta? While we regret not opening it up to everybody, we feel that the procedures and knowledge currently needed to create new (and edit existing) objects is fairly complex, and we therefore feel that the best people to help us out are those involved in 3d modelling, and who also have a good understanding and knowledge of SimPE or the Sims 2 files.

This will be only a short beta to try and get any major bugs polished, and also to write some tutorials and articles so that when we do release the mesh tool, you can be sure it is fairly easy to use.

If you apply, you need to tell us your preferred 3d modelling package, your level of expertise at SimPE, and how much time you intend to spend.

To apply, send the above details with a short bio to rentechd. Do NOT reply to this news item asking to be added - the replies will be ignored. Only PMs will be considered. You have been warned.

And, to sum up, when released:
THIS WILL ALLOW NEW OBJECTS TO BE IMPORTED INTO THE GAME!

Regards,
Delphy

I think this is great, and a closed beta is actually smart because it takes too much knowledge to use editing programs. It would take too much effort to teach everyone. Like me for one.

But.. a few questions. Is this program (or whatever it will be) be able to edit meshes inside of it without high 3d mesh editing skills?

Or will it be... (Export.obj from SimPE, edit file in 3d program(requires knowledge and also, for me personally, I can only open them in CINEMA 4D.), then use this program/plugin/etc. being tested and change it to a GMDC file, and them import it back in the game through SimPE?)

(The 2nd way can currently be done using the TS2 Mesh Exporter plugin for MilkShape. Except I can't figure out how to open a .obj file in MilkShape.)
Banned
#58 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DieHard1
Sooooo... How long untill female sims get boob jobs? Sry for posting about this so many times on mesh editing threads, but BOOBS, man BOOBS! and also

I ARE PANTS!

Getting a dick for the blokes is higher on the priority list IMHO....

What's the use with having big jugs to play with when you don't have a schlong to rub between 'em?
#59 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 12:25 AM
And just to correct psistorm, Rhino does very well at editing polygonal models. It's not *just* a nurbs modeller.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:53 AM
Is the beta test still open ?

I would like to apply. I send a PM to rentechd for this
#61 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 2:51 PM
hy alll im new user :-)
hy all,

i have a question for the tool to create a new object...

i am a 3d designer for Alfa Romeo car factory, i have many years of experience, with 3ds max, lightwave, Maya, and now i training to use softimage xsi, i want to know if are possible to join the close beta test of your object tools, and what are your prevision about the releasing date of the tool :-)

thanks for all ando excuse me from my bad English :howdy:
Field Researcher
#62 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nathan40k
hy all,

i have a question for the tool to create a new object...

i am a 3d designer for Alfa Romeo car factory, i have many years of experience, with 3ds max, lightwave, Maya, and now i training to use softimage xsi, i want to know if are possible to join the close beta test of your object tools, and what are your prevision about the releasing date of the tool :-)

thanks for all ando excuse me from my bad English :howdy:

If you want to join the beta please follow the instructions in the first post on how to apply - all other requests to apply are ignored

Come visit www.variousimmers.net where my original objects and recolors now reside. The site hosts many other creators, moddres and developers.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 11:21 AM
ok I'll update my MP today.
#64 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 1:52 PM
what is a PM
Nearly alive
#65 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:09 PM
Some screen shot of some of the objects created by members of the closed beta testing are in the following thread:
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38678
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 11:41 AM Last edited by electric : 20th Jan 2005 at 7:13 PM. Reason: fixed my prob
Does anyone think it will work with Anim8or? I tried with SimPE but i may have done it wrong.

* I found a way to get my meshes to open with Anim8or now, so im fine.
Nearly alive
#67 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by electric
Does anyone think it will work with Anim8or? I tried with SimPE but i may have done it wrong.

You have tried what with Simpe, With our importer you will still need to use SimPE to extract the gmdc file and export the mesh as a obj file.

Anim8or can be used to edit the mesh(es) in the obj file, but it does cause a problem when editing existing meshes as it seems to rename them, which causes problems when reimporting them.

Our importer is still in closed beta testing, so is not available yet.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 7:51 PM
*looks forward to the fruits of the labor*
*wonders about the progress of the closed beta*
*wonders who all is involved with the beta*
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 4:10 AM
How about reading the first post? I know, I know, it sounds like crazy talk doesn't it? But hey! It so crazy it just might work!
Test Subject
#70 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:56 AM
There sould be a new DL section for new meshes
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 6:32 PM
OMG, I've seen references to washers and dryers here once again, I'm a stay at home mom, the last thing I want to look at is washers and dryers in my main form of relaxation. Gawd, I cringe now when my neat sims break out the sponge and start scrubbing. LOL
#72 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 9:18 PM
Damn it- I can't get SimPE to work and Rentreched won't let me try it... damn
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 4:28 PM
Default YeehawI finaly Found it!
I found it Finlay the mesh tool!
Nearly alive
#74 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 7:22 PM
New version of the mesh tool uploaded:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5361#post245361
#75 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 7:00 PM
Delphy, sorry that i ask my question there ( bacause i don't know where I should ask), but where can I download new version of plugin, that converts SimPE files to OBJ files? I downloaded and installed new version of Sim PE and plugin doesn't work.
Please help.
Sorry for my bad english
Page 3 of 3