Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2019 at 8:13 AM
Default Bridgeport Glitch - Vampires turned into humans, names changed?
Hey guys! This is my very first post so bear with me! I just started up my Sims 3 and I haven't played Bridgeport in a minute, so decided to go into that neighbourhood. I used the "testingcheatsenabled" cheat to make my Sim know everyone and I noticed that all the vampires from bridgeport were now humans (the pink border around them in the relationship panel disappeared, and their names changed into the weirdest things. One of the vampires had the name "Almost Homeless" as regular sims, Jessica Talon's name changed to "clubby vampire" and William Fangmann became "reality vampire"). The Sims also had no relationships with each other. The Talon and Striker household were apparently lovers but in the game, they had no relationships with each other. I thought it was just a Vampire glitch, but then when I switched to another saved neighbourhood (Sunset Valley), the vampires were still there and their names and everything were the same. For ex: In my Sunset Valley game, Gobias Koffi became a vampire (randomized) and so did some of the Landgrabb members, and they remained like that. No switches. It was just the Bridgeport neighbourhood. I deleted prior saved neighbourhoods due to clutter, so I didn't get a chance to see if it was happening there, but I restarted the game and everything, but it's just Bridgeport, it literally has no vampires. The Vampire Sims are just regular Sims now. This is really weird and it never happened before. Just today. None of my CC would be relevant to changing that, so I don't know what's up. Can someone help please? Thank you so much! I just want my Vamps back!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2019 at 10:12 AM
Where you said you restarted the game, did you then load up a prior save from Bridgeport or have you tried starting a new Bridgeport game since then?

The data you were seeing in the former vamps' names are from other, not usually displayed fields that would be associated with those sims. Jessica is indeed a club goer and William lives in the Drama on TV household, the sprawling 6 bedroom apartment with 6 not related adults living there. When data starts showing up in the wrong fields, that is a sign of corruption. It sounds like you have a "bad" install of Late Night, for whatever reason.

What is the source of this install -- Origin digital, Steam, retail store discs, from some other source, and what patch level is the game on? Could it be that your system's hard drive is beginning to fail on you, are there any other such symptoms away from the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2019 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Where you said you restarted the game, did you then load up a prior save from Bridgeport or have you tried starting a new Bridgeport game since then?

The data you were seeing in the former vamps' names are from other, not usually displayed fields that would be associated with those sims. Jessica is indeed a club goer and William lives in the Drama on TV household, the sprawling 6 bedroom apartment with 6 not related adults living there. When data starts showing up in the wrong fields, that is a sign of corruption. It sounds like you have a "bad" install of Late Night, for whatever reason.

What is the source of this install -- Origin digital, Steam, retail store discs, from some other source, and what patch level is the game on? Could it be that your system's hard drive is beginning to fail on you, are there any other such symptoms away from the game?

I tried a new Bridgeport game because I had an old saved one but I didn't bother checking it before deleting because last time I played it, it was fine! But I should have checked first. It's crazy cause it's just bridgeport and the vampires in the other saved neighbourhood games (Sunset Valley, Alapaloosa) are all still there. Everything else is solid, I'm still being able to play Bridgeport but it's just the vampires. I can go to rabbitholes, create sims, go to uni, etc etc.

The source of the installation is Origin digital, and the current version is 1.67.2.024017. Any idea on how I can fix it? I'm open to reinstalling but that's my absolute last resort! Also, I do have a MacBook, not a PC but literally no other issues in game other than that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2019 at 6:17 AM
Oh, the Mac version of the game is a bit...let's say special. With its 2 GB RAM restriction, it doesn't take much for it to slip some gears along the way.

So are additional new games started in Bridgeport, let's say for testing, any better or does the same thing happen? If not averse to using NRaas mods, you could adjust the sims' occult statuses and names using MasterController, but I would be hesitant to play such a game forward for fear that something else is mixed up about it that just hasn't revealed itself yet.

Without needing to reinstall, you may want apply EA's SuperPatcher to it. It's a huge download, but very easy to run once you have it. If something went wrong with the game patches during install or along the way since then, this should help fix things. The worst thing it can really do is not make any difference.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...er-patcher/#mac
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2019 at 6:58 AM
Oh, the Mac version of the game is a bit...let's say special. With its 2 GB RAM restriction, it doesn't take much for it to slip some gears along the way.

So are additional new games started in Bridgeport, let's say for testing, any better or does the same thing happen? If not averse to using NRaas mods, you could adjust the sims' occult statuses and names using MasterController, but I would be hesitant to play such a game forward for fear that something else is mixed up about it that just hasn't revealed itself yet.

Without needing to reinstall, you may want apply EA's SuperPatcher to it. It's a huge download, but very easy to run once you have it. If something went wrong with the game patches during install or along the way since then, this should help fix things. The worst thing it can really do is not make any difference.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...er-patcher/#mac

Before I use the SuperPatcher (just because I don't want to risk anything with a mod just yet and just want an official EA fix) An update, I just recovered a previous bridgeport save that I had deleted from the Saves file, and I went to play it and all the vampires are in the old game!! All the vampires are in that version of the save but when I went to make a new game, the problem still persisted. Only the old backup had the vampires, which is really strange.
Any thoughts on that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2019 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nashwaht
Before I use the SuperPatcher (just because I don't want to risk anything with a mod just yet and just want an official EA fix) An update, I just recovered a previous bridgeport save that I had deleted from the Saves file, and I went to play it and all the vampires are in the old game!! All the vampires are in that version of the save but when I went to make a new game, the problem still persisted. Only the old backup had the vampires, which is really strange.
Any thoughts on that?

Just used the SuperPatcher. Problem still persisting with new Bridgeport games. Old game still working the same as if nothing went wrong! Another issue that I noticed that I’m not sure if it’s relevant or not are missing Sims..i read numerous posts but my Sims (NPCs/townies/regulars) seem to be disappearing. I just wanted to ask if it was in any way related?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2019 at 9:23 AM
Disappearing as in the sims are becoming invisible and you can see what appear to be thought bubbles moving around underground? Or disappearing as in the sims are being removed from the game entirely?

EA's story progression (sometimes even if it's not switched on) will often detect that a world is overpopulated and start removing sims for you. But it doesn't usually happen all at once, or near the beginning of a game save's history. By any chance are you starting up this save, a new one, or any other by retreating to the Main Menu and loading or starting new games from there? It's always best to quit the game entirely to the desktop and reload it in between world sessions. If the sims are really in the world but have become invisible, that means their outfit assignments have gone bad. Getting them to change outfits, which is much easier to do with mods when it comes to those not being played actively or total NPCs, usually fixes that.

But if it's not that, sorry I really don't know what's going wrong there. I would probably work towards uninstalling Late Night and reinstalling (then SuperPatching again) or just avoid playing new(er) instance of Bridgeport at least for a while if the other worlds are loading and working okay.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2019 at 6:32 PM
Disappearing as in the sims are becoming invisible and you can see what appear to be thought bubbles moving around underground? Or disappearing as in the sims are being removed from the game entirely?

EA's story progression (sometimes even if it's not switched on) will often detect that a world is overpopulated and start removing sims for you. But it doesn't usually happen all at once, or near the beginning of a game save's history. By any chance are you starting up this save, a new one, or any other by retreating to the Main Menu and loading or starting new games from there? It's always best to quit the game entirely to the desktop and reload it in between world sessions. If the sims are really in the world but have become invisible, that means their outfit assignments have gone bad. Getting them to change outfits, which is much easier to do with mods when it comes to those not being played actively or total NPCs, usually fixes that.

But if it's not that, sorry I really don't know what's going wrong there. I would probably work towards uninstalling Late Night and reinstalling (then SuperPatching again) or just avoid playing new(er) instance of Bridgeport at least for a while if the other worlds are loading and working okay.

So I realized the game itself seems to be completely corrupted. The old Bridgeport save, my Sim was in Uni and I moved her back to see if Bridgeport itself was okay and it just would not load. It was stuck on the loading screen for over ten minutes, so I figured that's corrupted. I went to my other saved games and realized the same, that the game itself is corrupted. My sims kept disappearing in the sense that they were just completely gone. For literally half my saves. I even tried clicking on a certain save only to realize the WHOLE FAMILY I was playing in that save disappeared and I could not even unpause the game, so I just uninstalled everything.
It might be a space related issue as I literally had no space in the old hard drive. 7GB out of 121GB (long story lol), so I just did a factory reset of the whole laptop for the space and just to refresh everything and I'm about to give it another shot. Let's see how it goes! I'll provide updates as well.

Thank you so so much for all your help!!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2019 at 8:40 PM
Yes, I think you have found a likely culprit there or something that at least cannot be helping. The Mac OS doesn't need quite as much free space in which to maneuver as Windows does, but it and the game do need some. Depending on the OS you are running, I would say that at least 20-25 GB of free space would be much safer to try to maintain. If your entire hard drive is only 128 GB (minus some for overhead), that's going to be very challenging although perhaps not impossible to play TS3 on or any other program that requires data file access. Laptops with drives that small aren't usually meant to hold onto data, they are meant to run the Mac OS, maybe a handful of small programs/apps, with data storage offloaded to other drives one might have around or in the cloud. But TS3 requires more local space to work with than that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th May 2019 at 5:36 AM
Yes, I think you have found a likely culprit there or something that at least cannot be helping. The Mac OS doesn't need quite as much free space in which to maneuver as Windows does, but it and the game do need some. Depending on the OS you are running, I would say that at least 20-25 GB of free space would be much safer to try to maintain. If your entire hard drive is only 128 GB (minus some for overhead), that's going to be very challenging although perhaps not impossible to play TS3 on or any other program that requires data file access. Laptops with drives that small aren't usually meant to hold onto data, they are meant to run the Mac OS, maybe a handful of small programs/apps, with data storage offloaded to other drives one might have around or in the cloud. But TS3 requires more local space to work with than that.

OMG I wanted to update you on the situation. So for the past two days I've been trying to figure out what the error was and it turns out it was an outdated mod that was causing major bugs in the whole game. Sims kept disappearing, their relationships with other Sims kept disappearing, families became unplayable, and vampires became humans..all over a mod. Since the game was updated to the latest patch, i guess the mod couldn't run anymore (not a problem, i can be fine without it), because I started deleting mods one by one (except for CAS ones) and voila, game running smoothly. Quite incredible but incredibly infuriating, but I wanted to thank you again for all your time and help!
Site Helper
#11 Old 13th May 2019 at 3:56 PM
For future reference: You don't have to delete them one by one...
Take out half of them. Test. (Then test the other half, in case you have more than one problem mod)
The half that works is good. You can put them all back. Now test half of the ones that didn't work.
Rinse and repeat

For a more expanded explanation of the process, see http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content
I once used this process to track down a bad file in something like 15 G of custom content, in the space of 3 afternoons. (It would have gone faster, but this was Sims 2, we had 12 neighborhoods, and the game took about half an hour to load each time.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook