Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:48 AM
Default Can't figure out what mesh I'm missing, any tips?
I'm usually meticulous about downloading meshes along with new hairstyles, but recently I noticed, when I was changing a hair style on a male sim, that there was a hairstyle missing a mesh. The sample picture shows up as a buzz cut but the sims whole hair line is gone! Is there any way I can figure which hair download is missing it's mesh or do I need to start from scratch? (I'm hoping I don't have to start from scratch because I have a LOT of files) Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:53 AM
Moving to WCIF. Unfortunately without a picture of the hair, nobody can tell you since it could be any hair mesh. Looking in BodyShop might tell you the name.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 9:27 AM
Sometimes the name of the hair shows up in the CAS - but you'll have to use the debug mode.
Open the console cheat (Ctrl + Shift + C) and type in "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" and then press Shift+N - the game will show all the hidden game content and the name of everything in the catalog. You just need to keep the cursor over the item you're interested in. To deactivate it, press Shift+M and then type again "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" in the console cheat.
Unfortunately, it doesn't always show useful informations when used with custom items, because it depends on the way theywere made; sometimes will show the original file name, other the creator name...

Anyway, if you can't find it, try to follow this link: in this way the recolor wiill have the same in-game name they have in the download folder and you can easily delete them, if you can't find the mesh needed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 10:51 AM
Have you tried hovering the mouse over the hair to see if it has a tooltip/hovertext? Could give you some clues. You don't need debug mode for that - unless the creator didn't add a tooltip, of course.

You can use this tool: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239 to add tooltips to CAS files lacking them. Very handy, particularly if you have several files you want to locate.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
Sometimes the name of the hair shows up in the CAS - but you'll have to use the debug mode.
Open the console cheat (Ctrl + Shift + C) and type in "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" and then press Shift+N - the game will show all the hidden game content and the name of everything in the catalog. You just need to keep the cursor over the item you're interested in. To deactivate it, press Shift+M and then type again "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" in the console cheat.
Unfortunately, it doesn't always show useful informations when used with custom items, because it depends on the way theywere made; sometimes will show the original file name, other the creator name...

Anyway, if you can't find it, try to follow this link: in this way the recolor wiill have the same in-game name they have in the download folder and you can easily delete them, if you can't find the mesh needed.

The debug wasn't very useful but the link you provided was perfect! Thank you all so much, I greatly appreciate all your suggestions. :D